What would constitute a good draft for you?

Sandyf

Reaction score
A good draft for me would be getting at least 4 guys that could contribute in 2022 and if luck possibly 5 or 6.

I'm not counting on much from the 5th and 6th and UDFA guys other than special teams or depth guys so I'm hoping Dallas makes a few trades to get an extra 2nd and/or 3rd and/or 4th picks to be able to fill the needs, get at least 2 starters, 2 to 4 rotation guys.

This draft is so volatile that have to believe some guys are really going to fall from where some put them or the board will just shake out great for the Cowboys.

Stephen said at noon today that they only had 15/16 players graded as 1st round guys and apparently about the same or a few more as 2nd round guys. Seems about all the teams are saying about the same thing so should be interesting to see if one of those 15/16 fall to us and if not then will Jerry trade down a few times to get more 2nd/3rd/4th round picks.

So in the first 4 rounds would like to see the following
Green or Johnson at LG - like to have both and would put Green at LG and Johnson at OC
Davis or Jones at DT - everyone likes Davis but I prefer Jones
Pickens or Pierce or Tolbert at WR - tough choice but give me Pierce
Q. Walker or Lloyd or Anderson at LB - really like Walker but if Lloyd really falls well....
Otton or Dulcich or Woods or Ruckert at TE - for me any 2 would be great but Otton 1st
Williams or Bonitto or Sanders at DE - Quinn loves him some Williams
and maybe
Raimann or Smith or Lucas at OT - upside with Raimann but Smith may be the guy

Is it possible, probably not but one at all those positions would make up for the terrible off season so far.

Last edited:

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A good draft for me would be getting at least 4 guys that could contribute in 2022 and if luck possibly 5 or 6.

I'm not counting on much from the 5th and 6th and UDFA guys other than special teams or depth guys so I'm hoping Dallas makes a few trades to get an extra 2nd and/or 3rd and/or 4th picks to be able to fill the needs, get at least 2 starters, 2 to 4 rotation guys.

This draft is so volatile that have to believe some guys are really going to fall from where some put them or the board will just shake out great for the Cowboys.

Green or Johnson at LG - like to have both and would put Green at LG and Johnson at OC
Q. Walker or Lloyd or Anderson at LB - really like Walker but if Lloyd really falls well....
Otton or Dulcich or Woods or Ruckert at TE - for me any 2 would be great but Otton 1st
and maybe

Is it possible, probably not but one at all those positions would make up for the terrible off season so far.
I would be happy with 2 starters or 1 and one in the rotation picks and a special team guy or 2, a starter at Oline and one a DL would be perfect, I look for Jerry to try and move up which will remove a couple of 2nd and/or later round picks, but if we score on that I might be ok with it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Stephen said at noon today that they only had 15/16 players graded as 1st round guys and apparently about the same or a few more as 2nd round guys. Seems about all the teams are saying about the same thing so should be interesting to see if one of those 15/16 fall to us and if not then will Jerry trade down a few times to get more 2nd/3rd/4th round picks.

and maybe

If we got a great tackle in first and guard in 2nd that would be amazing. All I care about is getting the line back to top 5.

can’t do that then get another defensive front 7 guy to make our defense top 3

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Starting 1 tech
Starting LG
WR 3
Rotational Edge that contributes right away
Backup TE that contributes in year 1
a LB for depth
a S for depth
an OT that pushes Ball for swing duties.

Aven8

Reaction score
A Guard that can start, a LB that can start, a slot quick dude WR, and Sam Williams. Give me that and I’m good.

morasp

Reaction score
OT We lost 2 and added none Smith declined a lot at the end of the season
WR We lost 3 and added 1 and Gallup will miss time
Edge We lost one and added one Too deep of a draft position to miss out
LG We lost one and added none
OC Could use an upgrade
LB WE lost one and added none hopeful for Cox but don't want to count on it
S We lost one and added none Hooker is injury prone
TE We lost one and added none our offense is the most effective in 12 personnel.
DT we were terrible against the run last year.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Davis or Jones or PMathis at DT - I like Davis but I consider Jones and Mathis an upgrade
Dean or Q. Walker or Lloyd or Anderson at LB - really like Anderson but the other three could open up Parsons....
Wydermeyer or Otton or Woods or Ruckert at TE - for me any 2 would be great and I am not certain which of these 4 I like the best but Otten last of the 4
and maybe
SWilliams or DLeal or MClemons at DE - Quinn loves him some Williams
EE from Tech, Gray from SMU at WR - tough choice but give me Gray as I think he would be the better slot
Salyer or TSmth or K Diesch at OT - I'd love Smith but he goes way early.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
When you look back on past drafts, landing 2 starters is usually a good class. I'd be happy if we can pull that off.

RS12

Reaction score
Two walk in starters and two others that play a lot.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Starters / contributors on both lines and a receiver who is actually a part of the offense and a viable target not a game day spectator . Kenyon Green Sam Williams Christian Watson welcome to Dallas .

timb2

Reaction score
What would constitute a good draft? Keeping Jerry away

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Today they said on the Draft Show Dallas won’t take exclusive slot players early.

I think they have to get a LG in the first or it’s a failure. The offense had all the weapons it needed last year and it didn’t matter. But yes they do need a WR in the 2nd. I trust WRs in 2nd and 3rd more than an OL

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I’m not convinced any DE taken 3rd round or later will be anything more than another Armstrong. All other positions yes. But DL rarely pan out at an above average starter level past 2nd round.