What would happen?

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
There are likely contractual things that Jerry could not do without suffering real consequences from the other owners, in fact I will be attending the 90th birthday party of a certain NFL owner tonight, I'll ask him what he'd do......ok I probably won't ask.

waldoputty

Reaction score
They don't have to be injured to be inactive.

right but saying injury prevents us from being attacked by the league.
dak can say he has (pms like @Trouty) stiff hamstring
dez can say he twisted his toes
jaylon can say nerve is not firing right
lee can say he is lee
tcrawford can say his shoulders are stiff
zeke can say he has vd
etc etc etc

Reaction score
right but saying injury prevents us from being attacked by the league.
dak can say he has (pms like @Trouty) stiff hamstring
dez can say he twisted his toes
jaylon can say nerve is not firing right
lee can say he is lee
tcrawford can say his shoulders are stiff
zeke can say he has vd
etc etc etc
I'll be honest.....I don't think I would want to be associated with a team that behaved in this matter.

And the players would NEVER agree to this.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
How about just come out of the lockeroom for week 1 with all the NFL logos removed from the helmets. Jerry could agree to pay all the fines and the message will be sent. Then go about making sure Goodell's contract is not renewed.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Jerry could always run a promotion that the first 100,000 fans get a "Fire Goodell" tee shirt.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
How about just come out of the lockeroom for week 1 with all the NFL logos removed from the helmets. Jerry could agree to pay all the fines and the message will be sent. Then go about making sure Goodell's contract is not renewed.

Replace it with a Zeke decal.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ok guys, completely hypothetical, play along..

What would the NFL do if Cowboys took a major stance and decided to "hold out" as a team? Owners, coaches, players,everyone, complete unity. They all just decide not to show up at game time? Discuss impacts on all sides.

I for one think it would be awesome. Money talks. How much money would the NFL lose if Jerry and Company decided to take part in the biggest protest in sports history?

We're all frustrated with Zeke's suspension, but some of the ideas I see being floated here are over the top. This is one of them. Come in off the ledge.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys themselves can't protest.

But we, the fans, can. If we hold off buying NFL merchandise, stop watching a lot of games, etc. due to the Zeke ban, we can hurt the NFL in it's weakest spot- their wallet.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What would the NFL do if Cowboys took a major stance and decided to "hold out" as a team? Owners, coaches, players,everyone, complete unity. They all just decide not to show up at game time? Discuss impacts on all sides.

I for one think it would be awesome. Money talks. How much money would the NFL lose if Jerry and Company decided to take part in the biggest protest in sports history?

How dedicated of a fan are you?

Tibetan monks have used self immolation as a form of protest.

"Ask not what your team can do for you, ask what you can do for your team."

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

We all feel the same frustration but this will pass.

We'll be ok:thumbup:

To goodell :thumbdown: :dance::angry:

To espn :espn:

To my fave Team :yourock::clap::flagwave:

To JJ :popcorn: get R done

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head ..
  • The other teams the Cowboys play would sue them after every missed game for lost stadium shared revenue as well as all pre-scheduled travel and reservation expenses.
  • The league would sue the Cowboys for lost revenue both directly and as a group as the teams share revenue.
  • The television networks who air the games and paid heavily for that right would sue the Cowboys for lost revenue.
  • The NFL would remove AT&T stadium from any consideration for future Super Bowls for a number of years.
  • All Dallas personnel who have placements on committees, boards, etc. would be removed and replaced.
  • The NFL would demand all Cowboys-related merchandise with NFL logos on them be removed from all shops and stores.
  • Season ticket holders would file a class action lawsuit against the Cowboys for ticket fraud.
  • Fans who purchased tickets would file a class action suit against the Cowboys for money spent on tickets, parking, hotels, travel, etc. as well as lost income from time taken off from jobs.
  • Vendors of the Cowboys with established contracts would require the Cowboys to not only honor those contracts but also compensate them for any revenue lost that comes from other sources as a result of that contract such as fans.
  • If it lasted all season, the NFL would likely suspend the Dallas Cowboys team from the NFL until they could prove they would participate in league scheduled games and events.
I'm sure there are many more ..

Hardline

Reaction score
How about Jerry Jones and the Cowboys focus on having Roger Goodell personally hand them one of these at the end of the season. Nothing else would be better.
600.jpg

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Hmmm..let's see. How did that work out for Colin Kaepernick? Tried to make a statement in his work enviroment. And now...he can't find a job.

Cowboys sit out a game....Come back to empty stadium. That's how I see that playing out. I can't imagine being a season ticket holder...having to shell out thousands of dollars....then getting shafted by the team....and not hold a grudge.:rolleyes:

coult44

Reaction score
What if a Leprechaun gave me a pot of gold...

Some people are so staunchy it's funny. Were you one of those kids that would take the ball and go home if a rule was changed during a game because it was boring playing it the same old way? Uhhh, never mind don't answer that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people are so staunchy it's funny. Were you one of those kids that would take the ball and go home if a rule was changed during a game because it was boring playing it the same old way? Uhhh, never mind don't answer that.

No, I was a kid that actually played the games and didn"t spend all of my time telling people I'm going to have Super Powers like Superman.