What would Snacks Harrison (NYG-DT) be worth to us?

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I love the guy and love the idea of adding a true, run-stuffing 1T to our roster. That said, I know our coaching staff doesn't value the position very highly. In your opinion, if they see a high end 1T prospect who they projected to be a Snacks level player, what's the earliest they would target him? Same scenario in FA, what's the most they would offer?

John813

Reaction score
I think they don't value the 1 tech very much via the draft/FA per $ invested.

We went after McClain on a value deal, who turned out to be a good 1 tech. Then let him sign for 5.25mil(4 year, 21m with 7.5 G) a year with the Commanders. Of course injury history and age maybe played a role with that.
Cedric Thornton was signed to a 4year 16 mil contract and quickly flamed out.
Paea signed a 1 year prove it deal.

IIRC Bishop was drafted to be a possible 1 Tech, in the 7th round.

So, maybe it'll change this year, but I would say day 3, based off their prior actions to that spot.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I think they don't value the 1 tech very much via the draft/FA per $ invested.

We went after McClain on a value deal, who turned out to be a good 1 tech. Then let him sign for 5.25mil(4 year, 21m with 7.5 G) a year with the Commanders. Of course injury history and age maybe played a role with that.
Cedric Thornton was signed to a 4year 16 mil contract and quickly flamed out.
Paea signed a 1 year prove it deal.

IIRC Bishop was drafted to be a possible 1 Tech, in the 7th round.

So, maybe it'll change this year, but I would say day 3, based off their prior actions to that spot.

What are your personal thoughts on it? Do you think they're right to value it as they do?

John813

Reaction score
What are your personal thoughts on it? Do you think they're right to value it as they do?

I think we should value it more, based off what we have seen when McClain was injured the previous years, and this year in his absence.
Maybe not sold on getting one in the 1st or 2nd round, but 3rd round on, sure why not.

I grew up watching Zach Thomas make play after play due to having two monster, but not slow pluggers, in front of him. Daryl Gardner and Tim Bowens allowed ZT to avoid a blocker and make play after play on the ball carrier, at or behind the line.
So, I think spending a mid level pick, on someone who could be a Snacks lite, would be a smart move. Especially with Lee and Smith back there. Lee has excelled not having to take on blockers, and Smith has struggled so far-but injury could be playing a role.
Of course, Snacks was found in UDFA, so it's not like the Jets spent a premium to acquire him.