What Would You Do Poll: Fatal Relationships

Who would you blame before you fell unconscious?

• Yourself, for becoming attracted to someone who once had a bad relationship

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your other half, for once being in a bad relationship in their past

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The person who shot you

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • Someone or something else

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very well, I mean, it doesn't really say how long the two knew each other or how well. I am not a big believer in rushing into serious relationships and I am also not into drama dating, even when I was single. Don't get me wrong, I did have similar situations happen but I always tried to pay attention to how people acted. It's very unlikely that a person who is engaged in such a volatile situation is able to hide it. There will always be signs if you watch for them. In a situation like this, I have to believe that a person picks up on them unless they just don't want to. If that's the case, then it is on them for ignoring those signs so that would be a little bit of A, to an extent.

It's certainly on the shooter because who goes out and shoots a person for simply driving up to your Ex's house? So that would be some C mixed in.

I'd have to think that some of this is on her as well because if she knows that her Cra-cra Ex Husband is capable of something like that, and how could she not, then she has no business allowing a relationship to extend to where it sounds like this one has gotten to, without giving some kind of warning. I mean, if this has been going on for years, and it would have to have been because the example states that the relationship happend some years ago, then it's definitely on her as well. People that unbalanced don't just ignore their Ex Wives personal lives for years and then all of a sudden just drive over with a gun and kill somebody. That type of behavior has to have gone on for some time and if that's the case, then she should have gotten the Law involved. She should have filed a restraining order every time he did some stupid thing and he should have been in jail by now. Unless, she did something to allow it to continue. Unless, she wasn't really done with that relationship and facilitated the situation by being dishonest. The situation is too random for it to just be a coincidence. How does an Ex drive up, after years of not being together, with a gun in his hand, ready to shoot you? That just doesn't track so yeah, B as well.

Now, if she in fact, did explain it all and the person who got shot just ignored it, then that's on him. He knew the situation and decided to go ahead and play it out. That could be an A situation.

If, by some strange cosmic imbalance, the situation just happened to be that an Ex from several years ago just somehow went crazy and lost their mind, bought a gun, happened to show up after all these years of not seeing the women at exactly the time this guy showed up to pick her up for the date and got himself shot, then there has to be an E for that one because that would have to be filed under some kind of twisted fate. The Gods at play so all you do right then is smile to yourself and figure it was never really in anybodies control to begin with. That would be E. I don't really believe in that scenario but if that's how you are saying it happened, then that's what it would be.

Personally, I can see how it could be A, B and C, all at the same time. I even think that's probably most likely in that situation.
I cannot counter the fact the complexity of relationships vary almost as widely as the number of people involved in them. And there have been, are, and will be a LOT of folks involved in relationships. :) That said, my poll question was created to see how members perceive who they would identify as the perpetrator of the violence and whom would the victim blame.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I cannot counter the fact the complexity of relationships vary almost as widely as the number of people involved in them. And there have been, are, and will be a LOT of folks involved in relationships. :) That said, my poll question was created to see how members perceive who they would identify as the perpetrator of the violence and whom would the victim blame.

I guess my mind is a little to jaded. I just see everybody with a little fault here. :laugh:

nobody

Reaction score
giphy.gif

:muttley:

I submit a request to all mods. From now on, whenever a poster violates the rules, as their warning before benching this image MUST be used every single time in that warning!!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I submit a request to all mods. From now on, whenever a poster violates the rules, as their warning before benching this image MUST be used every single time in that warning!!!!!
You're just saying that because it was used on me.

First he likes my post, then threatens me, then likes your post requesting more threats. How am I ever to rehabilitate when I am so confused?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

First he likes my post, then threatens me, then likes your post requesting more threats. How am I ever to rehabilitate when I am so confused?
Disclaimer: Moderator threats are not covered by the Geneva Convention.

An obscure tidbit courtesy of Ripley's Believe It or Not! :eek:

nobody

Reaction score

Not true, sir! I am never going to try to topple our grand poobah! In fact, I'm tempted to break the rules just to get that gif used on me!

rags747

Reaction score
Seems to me that you should blame no one but yourself for allowing someone else to take physical advantage of you. Be Prepared!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I went with #3,as I've often joked about wanting to leave this world as an 85 year old Alzheimer's patient ,pinned down in an lethal crossfire by a couple of jealous husbands, all the while, I'm trying to figure out just what the hell I've done recently, to have pissed off those fellers to begin witho_O

timb2

Reaction score
I choose" F" because I am coming back as a Ghost and haunting both of them....Nah the answer is "C"

aria

Reaction score
Nice to know I’m the only one who voted for someone or something else. On an island once again, lol.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ice cream ... the freaking ice cream.

All I had to do was say no to the ice cream, but no .. I had to have the ice cream so I got the ice cream.

Freaking ice cream.