What would you give to get Eric Berry?

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
As many of us have expressed and agreed: Safety is a big area of need for our team, mainly a playmaking safety and one that contribute now. In the upcoming draft there is really only one playmaking safety that you can say definitively can make a contribution now. Would you be willing to draft Eric Berry (if you could somehow snag him) and have him start at say FS? And what would you be willing to part with for say the 3rd pick of the draft to get him (that's where most people project him)?

I say if TB is sitting on the clock at number 3 and Eric Berry is still on the board I would be willing to package this year's 1st, 2nd, next year's 1st and Ken Hamlin and maybe even throw in a late round pick or two in order to move up and take Berry. And yes I would be willing to start him at the beginning of the season.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am amazed at the excessive hype this player is receiving. "All-time great", "worth giving up the entire draft for". Amazing.

I would never trade two number one draft choices for anyone short of a franchise QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Alexander;3286553 said:
I am amazed at the excessive hype this player is receiving. "All-time great", "worth giving up the entire draft for". Amazing.

I would never trade two number one draft choices for anyone short of a franchise QB.

And how many players have there ever been, that weren't QB's, that were worth giving up that much for?

This is the same type of stuff everyone was willing to do for McFadden too and the better value turned out to be the Jonathan Stewarts, Felix Jones's, and Chris Johnson's of that draft.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'd give a terrible 2009 season, not making the playoffs, not winning our first playoff game in over a decade, not discovering Miles Austin, not witnessing Anthony Spencer maturing as a player. Not finding out Free has some NFL game. Not seeing Romo develop into more of a leader. Not seeing Keith Brooking instill some fire in the defense. Not seeing that Felix's first season was no fluke. Not seeing Witten continue to prove he is the best TE in football. Not seeing us whoop the Eagles three times in one season to make up for the embarassment of the previous season-ender.

.... oh wait, no I wouldn't.

My point, the only thing we could do to get him in have had a terrible 2009 season, and I would rather not have him at that cost.

ethiostar

Reaction score
Gzus;3286545 said:
As many of us have expressed and agreed: Safety is a big area of need for our team, mainly a playmaking safety and one that contribute now. In the upcoming draft there is really only one playmaking safety that you can say definitively can make a contribution now. Would you be willing to draft Eric Berry (if you could somehow snag him) and have him start at say FS? And what would you be willing to part with for say the 3rd pick of the draft to get him (that's where most people project him)?

I say if TB is sitting on the clock at number 3 and Eric Berry is still on the board I would be willing to package this year's 1st, 2nd, next year's 1st and Ken Hamlin and maybe even throw in a late round pick or two in order to move up and take Berry. And yes I would be willing to start him at the beginning of the season.

:eek:

Holy every holy expression, Batman!!!!

The Natural

Reaction score
1st, 3rd, Hamlin & Barber..if they didnt want the deal so be it, sit tight at 27 and draft Nate Allen

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nothing.

The price to move from 27 to wherever he ends up being is simply too high. It would be franchise suicide.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CATCH17;3286567 said:
And how many players have there ever been, that weren't QB's, that were worth giving up that much for?

This is the same type of stuff everyone was willing to do for McFadden too and the better value turned out to be the Jonathan Stewarts, Felix Jones's, and Chris Johnson's of that draft.

Yup, that's why you don't do these types trades unless you like unemployment a lot.

The Realist

Reaction score
Gzus;3286545 said:

Mr. Lynn, that sounds like a brilliant trade.

burmafrd

Reaction score
what was the name of the poor turkey we owned at Minnesota on the Trade? Sounds like he is posting here

The Realist

Reaction score
The Realist;3286715 said:
Mr. Lynn, that sounds like a brilliant trade.

burmafrd;3286741 said:
what was the name of the poor turkey we owned at Minnesota on the Trade? Sounds like he is posting here

May have been Mike Lynn.

I'm not sure.

rkell87

Reaction score
as hostile said nothing because it would either have cost us last season or our future and thats way too much especially when a saftey that is comparable will be around much closer to when we pick and wouldnt cost as much to go get.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Alexander;3286553 said:

I couldn't agree more. I don't know why everyone seems to think the best idea is to just give up loads of picks for one guy.

Insanity.

Hostile;3286623 said:
Nothing.

The price to move from 27 to wherever he ends up being is simply too high. It would be franchise suicide.

Yep. It's exactly the kind of thing that can set your franchise back 5 years, very easily.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Gzus;3286545 said:

No. Absolutely not. He is not that good to ruin two drafts.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
M'Kevon;3286804 said:
No. Absolutely not. He is not that good to ruin two drafts.
Lol apparently Jerry thought RW11 was good enough to ruin our 2009 Draft.... I would have much rather ruined that draft for a (for the most part) sure thing safety. We need a playmaking safety and he's by far the best one in the draft. I know it's a long shot, but essentially all you would be giving up is the player you would be replacing anyways, next years 1st and this years 2nd to move up in the 1st round. Essentially 2 picks, one current and one future, and a player many think isn't worth keeping around is what you are giving up for a safety many are comparing to Ed Reed..... I would give that up for Ed Reed as he was coming out. A QB and a ballhawkin safety are probably the two hardest things to find in a draft and when a sure thing comes along you gotta pull the string on it.

I honestly doubt it will happen and I don't play Madden, but I like to dream :)