Whatever happened with the Micah parsons not getting holding calls thing

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Without turning it into a whining about officials discussion or whatever there were some wild stats about Micah not getting basically any holding calls. I did hear that tj watt got similarly weird treatment. But it felt liek the guy should’ve got at least one per game right
Nobody got screwed as bad as Micah, not even Watt. Nothing was ever done about it so expect it to continue.

And it wasn't just Micah. Dallas has been historically getting screwed on calls. I did the research and Dallas and Detroit are referee dogs who get the most calls against, and the least calls for over the last 24 years.

The usual suspects are ref darlings as the calls for and against the Steelers and Packers are far, FAR more favorable in that time span.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It’s more of a league wide issue than a parsons issue. Refs didn’t call holding pretty routinely and will probably continue to do so as edge rushers have gotten so good and they want to protect QBs.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Why was this thread created right now?

We have like ONE more week before the whining babies start their daily breath-holding temper tantrum crying-fests about THE REFS, which won't stop until we get our annual spanking in the wild card round.

Could you not have let us just enjoy this one last week before we start drowning in tears?

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why was this thread created right now?

We have like ONE more week before the whining babies start their daily breath-holding temper tantrum crying-fests about THE REFS, which won't stop until we get our annual spanking in the wild card round.

Could you not have let us just enjoy this one last week before we start drowning in tears?
I hate blaming refs. It's such a cop out, no accountability way of looking at reality. And we all know Eagles fans are way worse at it. Blame the refs to deflect from their own suckiness

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
But it felt liek the guy should’ve got at least one per game right
Nah reality is holdings are simply not called nearly as often as people think it is. On average teams averaged 1 offensive holding call per game last year, it just seemed like more than that because the Cowboys were at the top of the league in holding calls against them. Most of these calls tend to happen on run plays as well.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
will probably continue to do so as edge rushers have gotten so good and they want to protect QBs.
They have to keep the offense at an advantage (lol). But seriously, I think he may see a few more calls go his way this season. These types of penalties are so subjective. I mean they can call a penalty in the trenches on every single play.