Whatever happened with the Micah parsons not getting holding calls thing

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
They have to keep the offense at an advantage (lol). But seriously, I think he may see a few more calls go his way this season. These types of penalties are so subjective. I mean they can call a penalty in the trenches on every single play.
I think that is absolutely the case. The NFL has a ton of really strong edge rushers who probably get 30 sacks a year if the NFL didn't give the OL some wiggle room. I'm not a fan of it, but offense sells.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I hate blaming refs. It's such a cop out, no accountability way of looking at reality. And we all know Eagles fans are way worse at it. Blame the refs to deflect from their own suckiness
so we just ignore things like this? BS

gtb1943

Reaction score
The NFL made a decision back in the late 70's to start penalizing defenses to get more points scored and get more TV ratings
since then rule change after rule change has done that
now some of them are good; for player safety
BUT I hate the FACT that it is clear that the REFS were told not to call holding when it occurrs which is clearly what happens. Every single play you can find holding.
SO because of this the ones that are called are on the REFS themselves and there is a clear bias as the poster who noted that Dallas and Detroit get called for more than the Packers and Steelers

rambo2

Reaction score
Without turning it into a whining about officials discussion or whatever there were some wild stats about Micah not getting basically any holding calls. I did hear that tj watt got similarly weird treatment. But it felt liek the guy should’ve got at least one per game right
The league was and is doing that to protect the qbs. I saw that they started calling the tackle in the back field in preseason. I wonder if they will call that on the Chiefs or if they will continue to let them do it when the season starts.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

Whatever happened with the Micah parsons not getting holding calls thing

The season ended
Well Im Saying did the league get a tape form the Dallas cowboys explaining what was going on?

The previous posters are right, you can’t call everything and it’s liek prime shaq trying to ref against person and Myles garrett . But it seemed like the rules just changed suddenly and you can hold if the ref determines “it didn’t effect the play”

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I think that is absolutely the case. The NFL has a ton of really strong edge rushers who probably get 30 sacks a year if the NFL didn't give the OL some wiggle room. I'm not a fan of it, but offense sells.
I wonder if in the future they can jsut change the rule. Maybe the offense still gets the yards and the down still counts but if the tackle holds you get 5 yards penalty. Or any tackle with 3 holds has to take their pants off

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Why was this thread created right now?

We have like ONE more week before the whining babies start their daily breath-holding temper tantrum crying-fests about THE REFS, which won't stop until we get our annual spanking in the wild card round.

Could you not have let us just enjoy this one last week before we start drowning in tears?
No excuses, just go and get to the QB, double teammed or SINGLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btgboys41

Reaction score
Why was this thread created right now?

We have like ONE more week before the whining babies start their daily breath-holding temper tantrum crying-fests about THE REFS, which won't stop until we get our annual spanking in the wild card round.

Could you not have let us just enjoy this one last week before we start drowning in tears?
Thank you. My single worst thing about Cowboy game days is the red crying. I also thought we had another week before the Ref brigade appeared. I was wrong.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Without turning it into a whining about officials discussion or whatever there were some wild stats about Micah not getting basically any holding calls. I did hear that tj watt got similarly weird treatment. But it felt liek the guy should’ve got at least one per game right
Even though he should get more calls than he does, Marcus Rock (the official champion of officiating) is right concerning what's allowed by OL on certain moves used by defenders. When defenders make a swiping up move to knock an OL's arm off them and it causes the OL's arm to end up around the defender's shoulders/neck, it is not a penalty. So officials are generally going to allow OLs to put an arm around the defender's neck to restrain the defender. They look at that as a natural movement caused by the defender.

Here's the part of the rule that says it is not holding:
If, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a “rip” technique that puts an offensive player in a position that would normally be holding.
So we probably need to change our view of holding because it's not going to be called if Parsons uses a rip move and it "causes" the OL's arm to go up around his neck. It's going to look like holding to us, but officials are not going to call it unless they are sure no rip move was used. Unfortunately, rips are often used by defenders to get OL's hands off them.

However, there are plenty of other instances where he was held and it should have been a penalty. A player like him should not go nine-plus games without drawing a holding call.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He was getting the holding calls in the playoff game. I believe 2 real close together. Those refs were calling a good game. Parsons could have wrecked that game if he wasn’t worn down from rushing the qb all season and getting chipped and held.

I think quinn was to much buddy buddy with him and had already left the building knowing he had a hc job secured. Once again no in game adjustments. But the whole team played bad with exception of our ST..

Jarntt

Reaction score
so we just ignore things like this? BS
The year is over. You want everyone else to keep whining about it over the offseason just because you can't let it go? Wait to see how often it happens this year before you get upset over it. Here is a hint. He is going to get held, a lot, just like Watt and the other great pass rushers

Jarntt

Reaction score
Well Im Saying did the league get a tape form the Dallas cowboys explaining what was going on?

The previous posters are right, you can’t call everything and it’s liek prime shaq trying to ref against person and Myles garrett . But it seemed like the rules just changed suddenly and you can hold if the ref determines “it didn’t effect the play”
Yes, they did last year. Did it work? Unfortunately it did not seem to last year but at the very end it seemed he got a couple of calls so let's hope. Also, supposedly the league reviews every game with the officials, but that didn't seem to help either I guess.

I suspect we will to some extent just have to deal with it, but I also think the team will continue to send tapes to the league office if it happens an exorbitant amount of times again. Eventually we hopefully start getting calls. My issue is people crying about it before the season even starts. I've just never had much patience for the "blaming the refs" fans. I can only imagine how miserable they are to watch a game with..

Beaker42

Reaction score
Yea. He gets held far more than any player (maybe Garrett is kind of close, but we all know he’ll get 3 next Sunday) and that will continue.

Maybe Zimmer screaming at officials will
help.
Parsons gets held more than the next two guys combined and it isn’t even close.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m biased of course, but it seemed like Micah got held on every other play. I mean I saw dudes with their arms wrapped around his neck and it didn’t get called. Often!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quinn wasnt really helping his cause by lining him up in the same spot
And Quinn wasn’t on the sideline cussing out the refs. Big problem with DC Quinn. How are you going to get on the defense when they’re playing bad when you’re up in the clouds eating hotdogs? Ok, never saw him eat hot dogs, but he had access.