What's Cowboys CB Trevon Diggs Timetable for Return?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What is the latest update on a possible timeline for CB Trevon Diggs' return to the field?

Jess Nevarez
5/14/2024

FRISCO - The Dallas Cowboys have been without cornerback Trevon Diggs since his season-ending ACL tear last September, though his presence is felt by anybody who arrives here at The Star to see the posters being attached to the street signs.

Hopes have remained high that Diggs will return to the field for training camp, but it seems too early to tell if that will be the case.

According to Al Harris, the Cowboys' assistant head coach and defensive backs coach, there is hope as Diggs "looks good; I was just watching him (rehab) and he looks good. ... but a specific return time for the 25-year-old is yet to be determined.

Harris couldn't contain his excitement when asked about Bland and Diggs securing the Cowboys' secondary together this season.

"I'm fired up," said Harris, adding, "When you can get guys that you've groomed and coached, mentored, and you see your work on tape, that's all I can ask for as a coach."

More: https://athlonsports.com/nfl/dallas...te-al-harris-dallas-cowboys-rehab-daron-bland

img_5919.jpg

jwitten82

Reaction score
Damn, i completely forgot he had an ACL injury too. Not having a timeline to return kinda scares me, i hope this doesn't turn into another Gallup situation

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah really this year will be uhhh, next year he will be fully confident and ready to go!!!

jwitten82

Reaction score
Yeah really this year will be uhhh, next year he will be fully confident and ready to go!!!
Him and Overshown are gonna miss training camp. They both have a high chance of starting on the PUP list

speedkilz88

Reaction score
They asked the wrong guy. Got to ask Britt Brown.

2:00 p.m. — DaRon Bland was moved to the outside in his second season with the Dallas Cowboys, and it was due to the season-ending injury suffered by Trevon Diggs in early September.
The latter went down in practice with a torn ACL that he is currently working his way back from, but all signs point toward the First-Team All-Pro cornerback making great progress.
"He looks good," said assistant head coach and defensive backs coach Al Harris. "I was just watching him. Britt [Brown] is doing a great job. As far as timeline-wise, I'll leave that up to Britt and [his] staff. But, for what he did today, I thought he did a great job. He looks good."

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Him and Overshown are gonna miss training camp. They both have a high chance of starting on the PUP list
If that’s the case the injuries must not be coming along very well. By the time training camp arrives it will be 11 months since Overshown’s ACL and 10 months since Diggs injury. You would think both would ready for the start of the regular season unless there’s been some complications. Gallup tore his ACL on January 2, 2022 and played in his first game since the injury 9 months later on Oct 2, 2022.

shabazz

Reaction score
He should have gotten Rodgers surgeon instead.....he'd be doing workout videos by now

MajesticRey

Reaction score
you’d think he’d be good to go with the best medical staff Jerry can afford taking care of him… not having a timetable is alarming