What's Funny to me about Rush vs Prescott

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Guess we're stuck in mediocrity for the near future. At least it's fun to watch the defense play.

I wouldn't say that, again like him dont like him doesnt really matter at this point, if your a Cowboys fan what your hoping is between the rest of the team (O-line/run game and much improved defense) we can insert the best Dak which was the first part of last year with those and actually have a really good team, He doesnt need to be elite, he needs himself and the OC to get back to bringing the game to him and if they will and he plays within it we have a really good shot with this defense.

starfan1

Reaction score
there isnt a Rush vs Prescott. Only disgruntled fans making garbage up in their mind. There is a Rush who is doing a good job as a back up and then there is a Prescott whos injured and will be back as a starter once the swelling has gone down.

Only gray area is within the fanbase

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that there is literally NOTHING that Cooper Rush does better than Dak Prescott. NOTHING. Lie to yourselves if you want to. Allow your biases against Dak to cloud your thinking all you want but there is nothing Rush does better. He plays within his own ability and doesn't try to do to much and manages to do just enough. That's his job. Yes, I give him props for that, he deserves it.

The funny thing to me is, the same people who are pumping up Cooper Rush are the people who saw him in training camp and in the preseason, who were screaming from the rooftops for Will Grier to be handed the backup QB job. That's not hilarious to anyone else? Yall think he's just a guy that turns it on with lights on?

So all of a sudden, Dak gets hurt, and Cooper Rush comes in and performs the role of a substitute teacher and we happen to win two games and now he's better? All he's been asked to do is follow the teacher's lesson plan and not let the kids burn down the classroom. THAT'S IT! We've scored two touchdowns in the last seven quarters and all of a sudden, he gives us a better chance to win. We lose these games easily if not for the defensive efforts we have gotten. Dak hangs 40 on that Giants team. Make it make sense. I got a BC powder for your eventual headaches.

Stop this ridiculousness.

There is ONE thing that Rush does better than Dak and the evidence backs this up 100%...

Rush takes care of the football better than Dak!!!!!

Clearly, you've drunk the kool-aid on Dak so you won't admit that you're wrong on this point.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There is ONE thing that Rush does better than Dak and the evidence backs this up 100%...

Clearly, you've drunk the kool-aid on Dak so you won't admit that you're wrong on this point.

Why would you jinx him like this? if he gets TO's next game its on you.

BlueStar22

Reaction score

You don't think the sample size is a little uh, small?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that there is literally NOTHING that Cooper Rush does better than Dak Prescott. NOTHING. Lie to yourselves if you want to. Allow your biases against Dak to cloud your thinking all you want but there is nothing Rush does better. He plays within his own ability and doesn't try to do to much and manages to do just enough. That's his job. Yes, I give him props for that, he deserves it.

The funny thing to me is, the same people who are pumping up Cooper Rush are the people who saw him in training camp and in the preseason, who were screaming from the rooftops for Will Grier to be handed the backup QB job. That's not hilarious to anyone else? Yall think he's just a guy that turns it on with lights on?

So all of a sudden, Dak gets hurt, and Cooper Rush comes in and performs the role of a substitute teacher and we happen to win two games and now he's better? All he's been asked to do is follow the teacher's lesson plan and not let the kids burn down the classroom. THAT'S IT! We've scored two touchdowns in the last seven quarters and all of a sudden, he gives us a better chance to win. We lose these games easily if not for the defensive efforts we have gotten. Dak hangs 40 on that Giants team. Make it make sense. I got a BC powder for your eventual headaches.

And what else positive happened during your day ?

Slick

Reaction score
You said number of playoff wins is proof?? Fair enough....

Dak won his first playoff game in his second year in the NFL.

P. Manning didn't win his first playoff game until his 5th or 6th season.

Drew Brees didn't win his first playoff game until his 6th season I believe.

Matt Stafford didn't win his first playoff game until his 10th or 11th season.

According to your logic, what is this proof of??? Lets take it further!!!

Trent Dilpher and Nick Foles have the same amount of Superbowl rings as Aaron Rodgers..... according to your logic, how should I gage this???

You said Dak is not earning his money??? Fair enough.... now besides Brady and Mahomes, name me any other quarterback in the NFL that is earning their max contracts.....

And name me ONE 4th round drafted quarterback in history that is held to a higher standards than other 1st and second round quarterbacks.....

As a matter of fact, make sure you give me answers to the things I've just touched on.

I'll wait..... your turn!!!
If don't already know, the QB1 of the Dallas Cowboys is held to the highest of standards regardless to the rest of the league, period.

Dak was drafted where he belongs. His value was in the first contract.

A smart owner would have let him walk before signing the second. He's flat out not worth it. Jerry took a good thing and made it crap, like all his other personnel decisions.

No matter how many times we go back and forth, Dak isn't a franchise QB1, whether he was 4th round or an undrafted walk on.

He’s just another bad decision amongst many. For the guys saying he’s our best option, what has he done?

GINeric

Reaction score
If don't already know, the QB1 of the Dallas Cowboys is held to the highest of standards regardless to the rest of the league, period.

A smart owner would have let him walk before signing the second. He's flat out not worth it. Jerry took a good thing and made it crap, like all his other personnel decisions.

No matter how many times we go back and forth, Dak isn't a franchise QB1, whether he was 4th round or an undrafted walk on.

He’s just another bad decision amongst many. For the guys saying he’s our best option, what has he done?

Fair enough.

What has he done??? If you're talking about winning multiple playoff games and Superbowls, I guess pretty much nothing in that category.....

But if i give you a list of quarterbacks who have only one playoff win and no Superbowl rings in their first 5, 6 seasons, you promise to explain why that happened to them without giving any excuses, spin jobs or moving the goal posts???

zeke21

Reaction score
So many Rush v Dak threads.. wonder if they will fire back up the special 'QB debate' zone like when Dak came and stole Romo's job.

The key that so many are missing is not that Dak won't get his job back.. but that you can even make an argument for him to 'lose' it to an undrafted, very weak QB like Rush. People were RIGHT to call for Rush to be dropped in pre-season.. he is not that good. So what does that tell you about mr 40M? How bad do you suck when an UDFA comes in and does better...

csirl

Reaction score
Rush is a 3rd string standard QB. Doing a good job right now, but is not long term solution at QB. The fact that there are threads like this and discussions comparing him with Dak is more a reflection on Dak than Cooper. Even if people think Dak is better in most respects, its missing the point. There should be a huge and very obvious gulf in ability between the 40m starter and journeyman backup.

plymkr

Reaction score
Who cares. Just win baby.
That's what I'm talking about. Agendas be damned. Just win, I could care less who plays as long as we win.

Why can't we be happy Rush is keeping our season afloat until Dak gets back? When Dak comes back he can prove he's elite, more than a bus driver, the greatest ever or a perennial backup. But he's the best chance we have to win this season. After this season we can reassess what he is and hopefully draft accordingly.

So the way I look at it. Dak is coming back to a great defense, a good to great offensive line, and an improved running game. So it's on him to prove what we have long term. No excuses and no agendas. Dak's play will show is what we need to know. Arguing if Rush is better or Dak is better is pointless. Hopefully we win when he comes back. If we lose because of him then we know we don't have a QB on the roster that can take us deep into the playoffs.

GINeric

Reaction score
So many Rush v Dak threads.. wonder if they will fire back up the special 'QB debate' zone like when Dak came and stole Romo's job.

The key that so many are missing is not that Dak won't get his job back.. but that you can even make an argument for him to 'lose' it to an undrafted, very weak QB like Rush. People were RIGHT to call for Rush to be dropped in pre-season.. he is not that good. So what does that tell you about mr 40M? How bad do you suck when an UDFA comes in and does better...

This is another creative way to discredit Dak. Oh Rush is this "very weak, not good quarterback" so Dak has got to be weaker...... well thought out bash post.

Well i beg to differ. Respectfully.....

Cooper Rush is SHOWING that he's a very good back up quarterback, and I believe he would start for some teams in the league right now. Cooper Rush COULD be the quarterback we need moving forward, and I would fully support him as I do right now!! So why disrespect Cooper Rush and Dak?

1. Let me ask you this.... if Cooper Rush is '"very weak", how can a very weak quarterback go 3-0 in the NFL, the best professional football league in the world??

2. If Dak is weaker than a "very weak, not good" backup that you called Rush..... how was Dak able to manage the career winning percentage, QBR, and production that has landed him in the top 10 rankings of quarterbacks throughout his career??? So what does that say about 22 other quarterbacks???

I'll do you one better, and im about my word. Show me a link, video, write up, or anything of any current or former players, coaches, GMs or ANYONE with better expertise on NFL talent thats higher than yours and my expertise or opinion THIS YEAR SAYING THAT RUSH IS A WEAK QUARTERBACK WHO'S NOT VERY GOOD AND DAK IS WORSE THAN THAT.....

and I will happily Cash App you one thousand dollars AND delete my account here permanently......

HOWEVER..... if you CANNOT produce anyone of notable NFL experience and credibility saying these things about Cooper Rush and Dak..... You don't have to Cash App me any money, but you have to delete your account here permanently.... Do we have a deal??? I'll give you 24 hours to produce these videos, write up, clipping, interview, whatever....

If you really believe the BS you posted, then surely you can find experienced people saying this, making yourself a quick grand, then silencing me for good here correct??? Do we have a deal??

Slick

Reaction score
This is another creative way to discredit Dak. Oh Rush is this "very weak, not good quarterback" so Dak has got to be weaker...... well thought out bash post.

Cooper Rush is SHOWING that he's a very good back up quarterback, and I believe he would start for some teams in the league right now. Cooper Rush COULD be the quarterback we need moving forward, and I would fully support him as I do right now!! So why disrespect Cooper Rush and Dak?

1. Let me ask you this.... if Cooper Rush is '"very weak", how can a very weak quarterback go 3-0 in the NFL, the best professional football league in the world??

2. If Dak is weaker than a "very weak, not good" backup that you called Rush..... how was Dak able to manage the career winning percentage, QBR, and production that has landed him in the top 10 rankings of quarterbacks throughout his career??? So what does that say about 22 other quarterbacks???

I'll do you one better, and im about my word. Show me a link, video, write up, or anything of any current or former players, coaches, GMs or ANYONE with better expertise on NFL talent thats higher than yours and my expertise or opinion THIS YEAR SAYING THAT RUSH IS A WEAK QUARTERBACK WHO'S NOT VERY GOOD AND DAK IS WORSE THAN THAT.....

and I will happily Cash App you one thousand dollars AND delete my account here permanently......

HOWEVER..... if you CANNOT produce anyone of notable NFL experience and credibility saying these things about Cooper Rush and Dak..... You don't have to Cash App me any money, but you have to delete your account here permanently.... Do we have a deal??? I'll give you 24 hours to produce these videos, write up, clipping, interview, whatever....

If you really believe the BS you posted, then surely you can find experienced people saying this, making yourself a quick grand, then silencing me for good here correct??? Do we have a deal??
Defend the bus driver all you want. He’s been lucky to play in the NFC East, that’s where all his stats come from. He’s not a winner anywhere else.

Slick

Reaction score

You can be silenced with a simple ignore, no?

zeke21

Reaction score

I'm not exactly sure what your issue is.. it is a forum where people post their opinions. Not a Court requiring evidence submitted in triplicate.

How about we just discuss the issues as fans eh?

lqmac1

Reaction score
Dallas had no pre-season game of note and then in Game 1 faced the league's leading defense in Tampa.
Dak looked awful but this team looks awful week 1 basically every year because they sit out pre-season and Dak was uber productive last year.

Even the dummies typing this nonsense realize when Dak comes back he will start and play well versus these same type of teams Rush is beating.
What was the excuse against Denver, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Arizona, San Francisco and basically everybody outside of the NFCE?

Ever since Denver exposed him, he has not been able to adjust nor read defenses. Those are two things that Cooper Rush is better than Dak at along with accuracy. Really, the only thing Dak is better at is arm strength and speed… maybe!

vig454

Reaction score

Stop the ridiculous ? You say this yet you're the guy who thinks Dak is the answer. Dak chokes against good teams, where have you been? :clap:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Stop the ridiculous ? You say this yet you're the guy who thinks Dak is the answer. Dak chokes against good teams, where have you been? :clap:

Was that wash team a good team?

We beat them 56 to 14 with Dak..but yeah tell me about it

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what your issue is.. it is a forum where people post their opinions. Not a Court requiring evidence submitted in triplicate.

How about we just discuss the issues as fans eh?

Yes fans and good people discuss opinions.

Weak people lie. Why tell lies and call it opinions?? People don't have to lie to have a decent discussion whether you agree or disagree with their statements. But lying is weak and dumb. Facts and reality kill lies.