What's Next in Free Agency, a "bendy" DE?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Good moves for what it's worth from the Front Office, we have to give them some credit, it is what it is. With the signing of Cook, can we move on to getting some help with a pass rusher that has some bend, and has some quickness to get around those big offensive tackles???? Please give your thoughts, I know you have them!!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McClay will need to scavenge the waiver wire to find one. I have not looked at all the other teams cuts to see who may be available.
However, I would not know many of the names to know if good or not.
Would any player be better than what we have?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think the odds of finding a DE capable of regularly getting to the QB is pretty slim this time of year. Your looking at either developmental projects or over the hill guys you're hoping to get the last ounces out of. Not that those are necessarily bad things to bring on, but the time for legitimate roster upgrades was months ago.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
McClay will need to scavenge the waiver wire to find one. I have not looked at all the other teams cuts to see who may be available.
However, I would not know many of the names to know if good or not.
Would any player be better than what we have?
The waiver wires I was just reading on X from Broaddus says it starts at 12 Central time, so here on the east coast it's already started???? WE surely won't know any names, but the name that i'm wanting his cost is probably too much (Yannick)

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think the odds of finding a DE capable of regularly getting to the QB is pretty slim this time of year. Your looking at either developmental projects or over the hill guys you're hoping to get the last ounces out of. Not that those are necessarily bad things to bring on, but the time for legitimate roster upgrades was months ago.
Very good points, maybe someone that was kind of good got cut due to numbers on the roster at a certain position

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I seen Washington cut RB Michael Wiley. We could get him and try to turn him into a slot WR. That is what we tried to do when we drafted a different RB named Michael Wiley out of Ohio st.
It did not turn out well but maybe we can try it again.

/sarcasm off

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I seen Washington cut RB Michael Wiley. We could get him and try to turn him into a slot WR. That is what we tried to do when we drafted a different RB named Michael Wiley out of Ohio st.

/sarcasm off
Or bring in Marcellus Wiley, one of the worst FA pickups in history!!!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

/sarcasm off
Is that guy that had that crazy return available. Dont remember his name, but as soon as we sign him Ill herald his arrival

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Very good points, maybe someone that was kind of good got cut due to numbers on the roster at a certain position
Some positions you can do that with, not so much DE....especially a pass rushing DE. Its so rare that teams let those guys walk out the door. Its why I think losing a guy like Dorrance Armstrong from last season was a bigger loss than people make it out to be.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Some positions you can do that with, not so much DE....especially a pass rushing DE. Its so rare that teams let those guys walk out the door. Its why I think losing a guy like Dorrance Armstrong from last season was a bigger loss than people make it out to be.
yeah we don't really have a guy on this roster right now that can get you the production he gave us. Hoping to see if Lawson comes back, but hey maybe the sleeper is kneeland!!!

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
McClay has been pretty ok with finding serviceable guys before.