What's Next in Free Agency, a "bendy" DE?

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm not worried I'm sure we will find some dope smoking pill popping purple drank swilling psychologically dysfunctional wife beating individual plucked from NFL's Island of misfit Toys and bring him right in .

Jerry will proclaim him to be the next Charles Haley and he will play one game and then get injured or suspended.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Both good pickups, but neither was an August signing plus that’s so far back I would assume McClay wasnt anything other than a scout at the time but I could be wrong there.
It gets convoluted to me too. But I remember those two and there is probably a list online of all of his pickups. None were stars but were role players who filled in basically and did a decent job.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It gets convoluted to me too. But I remember those two and there is probably a list online of all of his pickups. None were stars but were role players who filled in basically and did a decent job.
Yeah and for the record I'm really not against McClay, I think he is really good at his job. I'm just saying that this time of year the odds are against every GM out there trying to find established talent, especially at a premium position like DE. Typically the options are older veteran coming off a major injury or super raw developmental types. I could be missing someone obvious, but I dont remember the Cowboys picking up a player after final cuts in recent history that was really impactful on that years team.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah and for the record I'm really not against McClay, I think he is really good at his job. I'm just saying that this time of year the odds are against every GM out there trying to find established talent, especially at a premium position like DE. Typically the options are older veteran coming off a major injury or super raw developmental types. I could be missing someone obvious, but I dont remember the Cowboys picking up a player after final cuts in recent history that was really impactful on that years team.
True, slim pickens this time of the year. DE needed addressed in the off season and it wasn't.