What's Past is Prologue

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Shakespeare famously wrote something centuries ago that very aptly applies to our owner and his son in their front office talk and actions: ”What’s past is prologue.” (From the play “The Tempest”) The idea behind that statement simply means what has been done in the past is the context for what will happen in the future.

After 28 years of winning 4 wild card playoff games with the same two guys fully in charge, we all should know by now what these guys are going to say and do in a typical off-season. Below is a checklist of the things I expect to see and hear from Jerry and Stephen this off-season leading up to the regular season. With these guys, the past is certainly the prologue. Here are some samples with evidence from the past.

SOME STATEMENTS/PHRASES WE WILL HEAR IN THE NEXT FIVE MONTHS
HERE‘S WHAT I WILL BELIEVE IN 2024: I love the Cowboys, always have and always will. I want them to win and will be thrilled if they win a bunch of playoff games next year. But I will believe they are a great team when they actually win a divisional playoff game for the first time since since Jan, 1996. Nothing anyone associated with what this team says matters. It’s WHAT THEY DO THAT MATTERS.
From the heart, me hardy.
Well done! As a lad in an Essex chair factory I took time to read during union shutdowns and ponder the linguistic/literary greats.
From whence they come? I wondered.
Well, perhaps from places such as the Cowboyszone.
:)

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shakespeare famously wrote something centuries ago that very aptly applies to our owner and his son in their front office talk and actions: ”What’s past is prologue.” (From the play “The Tempest”) The idea behind that statement simply means what has been done in the past is the context for what will happen in the future.

After 28 years of winning 4 wild card playoff games with the same two guys fully in charge, we all should know by now what these guys are going to say and do in a typical off-season. Below is a checklist of the things I expect to see and hear from Jerry and Stephen this off-season leading up to the regular season. With these guys, the past is certainly the prologue. Here are some samples with evidence from the past.

HERE‘S WHAT I WILL BELIEVE IN 2024: I love the Cowboys, always have and always will. I want them to win and will be thrilled if they win a bunch of playoff games next year. But I will believe they are a great team when they actually win a divisional playoff game for the first time since since Jan, 1996. Nothing anyone associated with what this team says matters. It’s WHAT THEY DO THAT MATTERS.
Antonio speaketh the truth.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Well done and researched. That took a lot of work.

But being a fan is like supporting a loved one. Sometimes you want to believe , retain hope and cheer them on regardless the history and current trends.

Creeper

Reaction score
Shakespeare? Wonderful!

But I prefer to apply the definition of insanity misattributed to Einstein: “Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.”