What's the deal with Witten?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At first I didn't want to see him go, now that he's dragging his feet, Flip Him!!!! Don't let the door hit you in the butt. Let's move on..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think he knows it's best for him to take the TV gig but it's hard to let go of your childhood dreams. Most of us do it when we're young. He's lived it - I wouldn't want to quit either, even though I'd know it's inevitable.

He's not hurting the team right now by dragging his feet, so let him take his time.

HungryLion

Reaction score
At first I didn't want to see him go, now that he's dragging his feet, Flip Him!!!! Don't let the door hit you in the butt. Let's move on..

The draft is over. There are no free agent tight ends the cowboys would be interested in at this point. Honestly, it’s not really a hurry. As long as he decides before OTA’s it’s all good. So that if he is retiring the practice reps can go to the rest of the tight ends.

yimyammer

Reaction score
a little birdie said Witten is announcing his retirement tomorrow in a press conference, if so, you'll get your wish

conner01

Reaction score
You don’t think he deserves a few days to make a decision on something this big
Cowboys fand are quick to want to kick players to the curb
It makes no difference to the team if he decides tomorrow or next month

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't. This is the NFL....if you have it in your mind that you may want to do something else? You should probably do it. You are doing a disservice to yourself and this team by playing at this point.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't think anything changed. The new job was leaked by the media. When you interview for a media job it's hard to keep it a secret from the media.

They are likely just dragging it out to setup an official announcement with some time between it and the draft.

It's not as if he announced it and then retracted.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's thinking that long, he's already decided. I take it youre a Cowboy fan, so you are including yourself in your equation.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

Come on now, hoss. Sometimes the hardest thing for an old cowboy to do is deciding it's time to hang up the spurs. The body says you cain't but the pride says oh yes you can. Let ol Witt take some time to decide if he's done or not. He's earned that much from every fan.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on now, hoss. Sometimes the hardest thing for an old cowboy to do is deciding it's time to hang up the spurs. The body says you cain't but the pride says oh yes you can. Let ol Witt take some time to decide if he's done or not. He's earned that much from every fan.
If he was retiring for those reasons, yes I agree. He's leaving for :espn:!!! That's another story!! Lol!!!

Doomsay

Reaction score
Great player, unfortunate exit. You owe this team as much as it owes you

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's you're take on this @Idgit ?

I think he’s done. And I think the Cowboys tried to sell him on a last postseason push with the new team, but he’s not going to take it. When he missed a voluntary workout, that was it in my book.

He’s a man, though. If he wants back in, I want him back. He’s a guy who gets special status in my book.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't. This is the NFL....if you have it in your mind that you may want to do something else? You should probably do it. You are doing a disservice to yourself and this team by playing at this point.
It's ******* Jason Witten. He'll decide in the next few days and he can do what the hell he wants because it don't matter. What's a few days? Some of you are just unbelievable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's ******* Jason Witten. He'll decide in the next few days and he can do what the hell he wants because it don't matter. What's a few days? Some of you are just unbelievable.
It's been longer than a few days......you may feel like you owe him something but I dont.