What's the most ridiculous football game you've ever seen?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Here's mine:
When I was a kid, my family moved to another small Texas town. One of the first things we did was go to one of the town's high school football games. That home team was so bad that they lost 99 to 0. The score was already that at halftime. In the second half, whenever the other team got the ball, they just punted it back to the home team. But this incompetent team STILL couldn't manage to score. Some of the locals were outraged at the other team for "running up the score," and there were protest letters in the town's newspaper. They fired that coach, and the next one did do a lot better. He got the team up to around .400 to .500, depending on the year. Nowadays, the modern version of that team has actually won state in whichever league they're in.

csirl

Reaction score
The game where my team played against a team with a player who had no legs. The guy was a starter at DE. He ran using his arms. Was a great athlete. Nobody on the OL could get low enough to block him - he simply ran through their legs and tackled the QB or RB in the backfield.

But the most bizarre play was on a FG attempt by my team, his team mates picked him up and threw him in the air - at the ball - trying to block the kick. And then stood below to try and catch him.

I believe he played D3 football in the north west region.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The game where my team played against a team with a player who had no legs. The guy was a starter at DE. He ran using his arms. Was a great athlete. Nobody on the OL could get low enough to block him - he simply ran through their legs and tackled the QB or RB in the backfield.

But the most bizarre play was on a FG attempt by my team, his team mates picked him up and threw him in the air - at the ball - trying to block the kick. And then stood below to try and catch him.

I believe he played D3 football in the north west region.
You win. That's the strangest game I've ever heard of, and I don't think anyone could top that.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Today's game. A once very proud franchise that was known for being tough lions are now kitties.
I agree. When I started this thread, I certainly was not wanting the Cowboys' next game to qualify. I was hoping people would have to dig through their old memories to find the game to mention. The 99 to 0 game I mention was indeed a worse butt whoopin', but those guys were just high school kids and they weren't paid millions of dollars to play.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I agree. When I started this thread, I certainly was not wanting the Cowboys' next game to qualify. I was hoping people would have to dig through their old memories to find the game to mention. The 99 to 0 game I mention was indeed a worse butt whoopin', but those guys were just high school kids and they weren't paid millions of dollars to play.
I have most definitely seen some stuff in my days but this loss to the Packers was on another level. I could have understood something like a well fought game where we really lose 27-17. This was a total collapse and I have a feeling that there is a major backstory that only the locker room knows about. The defense could not have defended a top high school team, and I wonder about how the Dan Quinn stuff (before the officially announced interview requests) may have seriously affected both the offense and defense. Regarding the Dallas Cowboy effort Green Bay could have made the score about 70-23 f they wanted to. The Packers packed it in sending the starters out and allowed Dallas to save some face. That's how bad this loss was. Epic.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Today's game. A once very proud franchise that was known for being tough lions are now kitties.
FYI.
They stopped being a proud franchise over 20 years ago.

Some fans are just now accepting that reality though.