What's the over/under on Jerry walking the sidelines tonight?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I really wish he would stay his in the luxury booth and let the coaches do the coaching. I usually cringe whenever I see him down on the sidelines yapping it up and dishing out his so-call encouragement to the players. Stay out of the way like most good owners. I know there's a /GM part to that as well but it doesn't mean you have to assault the sidelines every single game.

Sure, he pays the checks and should be able to do whatever he wants to do. I get that. I just cringe every time I see him down there because usually it means we're in a tough spot and history has shown that him being down there does no good with helping the players concentrate on the task at hand.

/rant over

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'd like to check the IQ's of anyone betting he won't be on the sideline. That's a lock!!

Especially since we are going to win.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;2488510 said:
I just cringe every time I see him down there because usually it means we're in a tough spot and history has shown that him being down there does no good with helping the players concentrate on the task at hand.
Most people cringe when he stalks the sideline. But he has been doing that for almost 20 years now. That isn't going to change anytime soon. Maybe he is just trying to get on TV. I'd put the over/under at ten minutes to go in the 4th.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
It depends.

A few week backs Michael Irvin and Nate Newton discussed Jerry Jones walking on the sidelines.

Both men indicated that they actually liked it when "Mr. Jones" came down to the sidelines. However, both of them indicated that alot of times, when Jerry Jones senses that if there is some controversy during the game that will draw some criticism, Jerry Jones will tend to stay away so as not to be blamed for it.

So if the Cowboys are winning, he may come down but I don't think he will.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I don't get it with your Jones on the sideline cheap-shooting. He is the owner and GM, he invested hundreds of millions of dollars into this team which built into a billion dollar football franchise. So he is several hundred feet closer when the game is highly relevant and dramatic.

It is not like he is drawing up plays or counterscheming along with the coaches. The players and coaches are relaxed around him and all he does is show a little support. Also Jones is not the only owner or GM that cruises the sidelines during the waning moments of a game.

By the way NFL clubs are allowed a certain number of special guests let alone credentialed media on the sidelines. Heck some head coaches may still have a family member from time to time assisting on the sideline perhaps similar to when they used to move communication cable around before wireless.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
When I watch a Broncos game I Pat Bolen or whatever is name is on the sidelines and never see anyone complain about him.

Jerry owns the team and as long as he's not wearing the coaches headsets calling plays I see no problem with it.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2488551 said:
When I watch a Broncos game I Pat Bolen or whatever is name is on the sidelines and never see anyone complain about him.

Jerry owns the team and as long as he's not wearing the coaches headsets calling plays I see no problem with it.

A voice of reason in this fan hole that has very severely lacked it the last month

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
The truth now, If any of you ownes the Cowboys wouldn't you be on the sidelines sometimes.

I know I would.

superpunk

Reaction score
It just depends on whether we're winning big or not. If we are, he comes down. If we're not, he won't.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
He's always come down on the sidelines, he did it in 1989, did it through the great Super Bowl years and has done it ever since. I have no problem with it.

Other owners come to the sideline too, as someone else mentioned Bowlen in Denver does it. Arthur Blank is on the sidelines alot. I'm sure there are more. If I owned an NFL team I know I'd go down from time to time as well, especially in big games.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
superpunk;2488619 said:
It just depends on whether we're winning big or not. If we are, he comes down. If we're not, he won't.

I could have sworn there were games where he would come down when he sensed we were on the rope to dish out his own brand of encouragement. I don't think it has ever been as cut n dry as him only coming down when we're winning.

I also get what everyone is saying with the whole " he owns the teans so..." line of thought but I just would prefer the players not have to deal with his "encouragement" when in a crucial situation trying to win a game.

Tex

Reaction score
He usually goes down in the 4th quarter about half way though. I HOPE HE IS THERE as he usually does it when we are winning. (smile)

He doesnt cause problems I dont know what the heck the problem is for you guys? Heck if anything he might be able to keep T.O.'s mouth shut or see first hand the problems its causing. And anything that keeps the T.O. mess from escalating I am all for. However its done.

Tex

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2488650 said:
He's always come down on the sidelines,

No he doesn't it. He only comes down in certain games - usually if it's close or we're winning.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Bach;2488706 said:
No he doesn't it. He only comes down in certain games - usually if it's close or we're winning.

This is the part that gets to me. It's when the game is very close, his undies are a little torqued, and he wants to get closer to encourage the players. That's what makes me cringe.

If he was just coming down when we win and yapping it up with everyone else I would think that was pretty cool.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Jerry Jones loves the team, and he loves to be down there with the players. I don't see anything wrong with it.

He'll be down right before halftime, and then again at the end of the game if we're winning. Bank on that.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Are there any stats on how many games we win/lose when Jerry paces the sidelines???:confused::confused::confused:

cowboyed

Reaction score
As fan controlling and possessive as some of you Jones sideline critics are I absolutely have no doubt that if you owned this team you would not only be on the sidelines but monitoring the players in the locker room and bathroom stalls.