What's this teams record with Cooper onboard day 1

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I always thought it was crazy to believe WR by committee was going to get it done (Gallup = rookie, Hurns = 4th WR, Thompson = garbage) and then you add in losing Witten.

If we had Cooper day one, not only for his production but how he changes the way D's have to play us, what would our record be?

Does he make a 2 point difference Vs the Lions?
Does he make a 3 point difference Vs the Skins?
Does he make a 3 point difference Vs the Texans?

Could he have made the difference to make us 6-3 or 7-2.

Hard to say as there are a lot of variables, but it does make you think about that one personal decision of going into the season with out a #1 receiver.

ModEdit: Corrected typo in thread title.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nexx

Reaction score
i think we are one game better right now with cooper from day 1

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
latest

Sully

Reaction score
This is a BIG problem with the Cowboys. Dallas depends so heavily on their starters. What happens if Zeke or Cooper goes down and it is going to happen eventually. The GOOD Teams can win without their starters. The good teams has a ":SYSTEM" that they just plug players in and their train just keeps moving. Maybe not at optimal levels but they still pull off WINS. Patriots just go through RBs like water and Gronk is in and out. Yes, NE lost vs Tennessee, but they still win w/o Gronk.

Steelers have not had their RB all season and still leading the AFC North. Imagine no Zeke for Dallas

It's the Culture in Dallas that is toxic.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know. But it does seem like Cooper and Zeke are the bulk of our offense. But as long as Gallup, Beasley, and Cooper can stay healthy, and provided Dak regains some composure, the Cowboys should be ok.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Well with copper we would for sure have more money depending on how many pounds of copper we had.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I always thought it was crazy to believe WR by committee was going to get it done (Gallup = rookie, Hurns = 4th WR, Thompson = garbage) and then you add in losing Witten.

If we had Cooper day one, not only for his production but how he changes the way D's have to play us, what would our record be?

Does he make a 2 point difference Vs the Lions?
Does he make a 3 point difference Vs the Skins?
Does he make a 3 point difference Vs the Texans?

Could he have made the difference to make us 6-3 or 7-2.

Hard to say as there are a lot of variables, but it does make you think about that one personal decision of going into the season with out a #1 receiver.

I'm not sure it would have made a difference because the problem in our losses wasn't that the receivers weren't getting open.

I do think it helps Dak, though, to have a primary target where it's fairly automatic for him to go to that receiver if he gets single coverage instead of having to read the field more.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If this dude played for the Rams, Chiefs, or NO he would be one of the best WR's in football is all I know. Kid can run some freaking routes with speed, and he is so fluid!

But but but Aven, have you not seen his stats the last two years?

Oh and he drops EVERYTHING Aven!