What's with all the Steelers love?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
First let me say I think the Steelers are a really good football team. Not Elite but really good.

Listening to Merrill Hodge and he has them ranked as the #1 team in the league as stated in another thread.

Listening to Doc Walker (sportstalk980) about the skins going up against the Boys and he says that the Cowboys are a really good football team but he really can't respect the NFC. He says if we were ranking the NFL like college and ranking the teams it's

1. Pats
2. Colts
3. Steelers

then everything else?

I understand Pats/Colts but why do the Steelers get so much love? It's like the Steelers are getting the benefit of the doubt simply because they're an AFC team even though they haven't played the Pats or Colts to this point. You want to talk SOS? Dallas has beaten every team not from N.E. and done it convincingly save for the Bills game whereas the Steelers have been UPSET twice to a shaky Denver team and ironically to a middling Cards team that happens to play in the "inferior" conference. Who have the Steelers beat?

The Browns twice including week 1 when the Browns didn't have a clue at QB. A terrible Ravens team, Cincy, Buffalo, San Fran, and Seattle...?

I realize everyone doesn't have this opinion and Pitt could be right there at the end but at this point I don't get why they would be considered the 3rd best team or better..?

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
Hoge is a Steelers homer big time. You can't take what he says about his own team seriously.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I was wondering what happened to Hoge, he use to be on all the time. Now it makes sense the poor guy has alzheimer's disease and thinks its 1976.