Whats with Rams meeting Dallas three times?

Praxit

Reaction score
...Is that because they are local to camp site? Or something the league has conferred in?

It will be twice for camp events this year. Already played a game with them.

Good thing they are not on schedule for the year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
...Is that because they are local to camp site? Or something the league has conferred in?

I hate going against the same opponent, we scrimmaged them, then play a pre season game against them! How boring!!

leeblair

Reaction score

The Cowboys seem to have a relationship with the Rams that goes back to the opening of the Rams new Stadium.
I think Jerry has some interest in that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It's definitely because the Rams are close by. There's an article about how they decided to cancel their practice with the Chargers and hold another one instead with Dallas because of location. No reason to take a long trip for a practice.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate going against the same opponent, we scrimmaged them, then play a pre season game against them! How boring!!
You get bored easily with football. Earlier this week you said you don't watch other teams.

You need to expand your football watching experiences. There is lots and lots of good football every weekend.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You get bored easily with football. Earlier this week you said you don't watch other teams.

You need to expand your football watching experiences. There is lots and lots of good football every weekend.
No you need to expand your mind and jog more are you going to do that no, that's what I like to do, you like to watch more football, I'm not on you because of that!!! I just don't find it interesting to watch other games/teams, i'm focused on the cowboys!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No you need to expand your mind and jog more are you going to do that no, that's what I like to do, you like to watch more football, I'm not on you because of that!!! I just don't find it interesting to watch other games/teams, i'm focused on the cowboys!!
I'm focused on them, too, but I'm focused right now on the individual matchups to see how our players do. It doesn't matter to me who the opponent is. I want to see how our guys do. I'd rather see them against any team other than their own, so I welcome these practices against the Rams ... because face it, we weren't going to see the starters vs. starters in the preseason game, nor is that likely in this week's preseason game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I heard some discussion about this and it is because teams are not playing their starters in preseason anymore and they want tape against other team's competition and to get those guys some work.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm focused on them, too, but I'm focused right now on the individual matchups to see how our players do. It doesn't matter to me who the opponent is. I want to see how our guys do. I'd rather see them against any team other than their own, so I welcome these practices against the Rams ... because face it, we weren't going to see the starters vs. starters in the preseason game, nor is that likely in this week's preseason game.
Yeah but other competition besides the same team over and over isn't realistic in the season. I get what you're saying though

RS12

Reaction score
Rams still in Thousand Oaks and Cowboys in Oxnard. About a 20 minute ride north up the 101 freeway. It's a convenience and low cost opportunity to get to hit someone other than your own guys. Also Jerry and Kroenke are supposedly tight.

T-RO

Reaction score
I never cease to be amazed at the ability of some people here to get worked up over non-issues. It's a real skill and some here have it in abundance.

If Cowboys weren't scrimmaging against the Rams on Wed we would be scrimmaging against themselves. That's the only change, and it was agreed to just in the past few days.