What's with the Golden Tate haters?

Reaction score
I've watched a few ND games, and I can't for the life of me figure out why Golden Tate wouldn't look great with a star on his helmet. Saturday, against UConn, he set the all-time Notre Dame season receiving records for receptions, (83), & receiving yards, (1,295). All-time! He averages a touchdown and close to 118 yds. per game. He gains 15.6 yds. per catch, many of them YAC.

He reminds me of a smaller version of Miles Austin-the fun just begins AFTER he catches the ball. He can run out of the backfield (15.5 yd. ave.!!), return punts (15.3!). He had 9 catches for 123 yards & a TD, plus 2 PRs for 20 yards against UConn. I'll take that every time.

I like his confidence, his tenacity, and his ability to make plays.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't think holding the records is too big of a deal. Sure it is nice and neat accomplishment, but Notre Dame has never been known as a big time passing team. They run more of a wide open offense now than they ever did in the past. It makes sense that some wide receiver records would be broken even though they have had some great wide receivers in their history. It is the evolution of college football. New schemes, new rules and such have made it where many of the colleges are setting new passing and offensive records.

Everything else you mentioned is more impressive and pertinent to his draft status than being a team record holder.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;3096560 said:
He's from ND.

I hate ND, but I don't hate Tate

I think he is a pretty good player.

Not sure if that will translate to the NFL as I think he is one of those RBs that is a WR type of bodies. But he is a good player IMO.

And again...I am a big hater of the ND.:D

RS12

Reaction score
I would love to have a playmaking WR on the roster, if he is there in round two by all means.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Hate Notre Dame, love Golden Tate. He' s an aggressive, playmaking WR. He would also help the return game.

If we are drafting very low in the 1st round (29-32) and other guys are off the board, I would be happy with Tate. If we are drafting higher (24-28), I'd be all for taking a lineman there then moving (way) up in the 2nd round to get Tate.