What's Wrong with Dallas Cowboys' Franchise

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Coming up after the game. Drent Tilfer is going to enlighten us all. Thought you people would just love to see this.

newlander

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm.....and I used to like him. Well, ESPN sure does get under the skin of alot of you guys. As I always say....embrace the hatred.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2498371 said:
What's Wrong with Dallas Cowboys' Franchise? Coming up after the game.

Jerry.jpg

#12Cowboy

Reaction score
newlander;2498401 said:
hmmmmmmm.....and I used to like him. Well, ESPN sure does get under the skin of alot of you guys. As I always say....embrace the hatred.

I think you mean, BSPN:)

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Dallas just beat the defending champs with a dominating defensive performance. I don't think there is really that much wrong at all. The defense is peaking at the right time and the offense is working its way out of a bit of a slump, but in all fairness they have had to face some of the fiercest defenses lately.

More tabloid journalism from BSPN.

"What's Wrong with the Giants Franchise" should be the story as their thug WR may cost them their chance to repeat. Their offense is one dimensional, and as a Giants fan pointed out on their board, there has even been the return of the "Eli-face" when he gets frustrated from too much pressure.

The Panch

Reaction score
They're just talking about the mentality of this team that they can survive week to week with all the b.s.

Thing might have blown outta proportion, but seeing Jerry say he likes being in the headlines cause of the controversy once again verifies my fear of this team.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2498439 said:
Dallas just beat the defending champs with a dominating defensive performance. I don't think there is really that much wrong at all. The defense is peaking at the right time and the offense is working its way out of a bit of a slump, but in all fairness they have had to face some of the fiercest defenses lately.

More tabloid journalism from BSPN.

"What's Wrong with the Giants Franchise" should be the story as their thug WR may cost them their chance to repeat. Their offense is one dimensional, and as a Giants fan pointed out ont heir board, there has even been the return of the "Eli-face" when he gets frustrated from too mach pressure.

Hey, I'm on your side. But apparently they are stuck on Cowboys.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Who cares about what McNabb thinks about the benching. Put Dilfer on. Now. I can't wait to see this one.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
And so, what did the wizards at that network deem was our problem????

I decided not to watch so that I could hold my supper down.

#12Cowboy

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2498663 said:
And so, what did the wizards at that network deem was our problem????

I decided not to watch so that I could hold my supper down.

Trent said that the Boys will not make it to the SB and that Jerry Jones will be disappointed on SB Sunday.

He said that we are not going to make it, because Jerry is more interested in the Cowboys being in the lime light.

Seriously, it was all blah, blah, blah to me.

tiny tim

Reaction score
After I saw this thread I went to my room to see if they had started this. I saw a little bit of it, but not the whole thing.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
#12Cowboy;2498676 said:
Trent said that the Boys will not make it to the SB and that Jerry Jones will be disappointed on SB Sunday.

He said that we are not going to make it, because Jerry is more interested in the Cowboys being in the lime light.

Seriously, it was all blah, blah, blah to me.

If he did indeed say that then:hammer: Dilfer's no fool!!!

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I haven't read this thread yet -- wanted to get an initial response in first.

But I've literally wondered all day what Cowboys angle ESPN would use for the Sports Center hook. "Drama in Big D delayed -- but for how long?" ... "Dallas' Doomsday date still looms" ... ?

Ah, but apparently not. They went with the "What's wrong with the franchise?" angle? :laugh1:

We're 9-5, playing some of the best defense in the league and in the thick of the playoff race. If only we can be this bad more often.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
#12Cowboy;2498693 said:
Do you believe that Jerry is the root of the problem?

I like Jerry's go-getter mentality. I like the fact he wants us in the news. But I do think his mentality can serve as a detriment.

It's no coincidence that he's the only common factor in our inability to win a playoff game for some time.

I think his unwillingness to empower a coach not named Parcells, love for piecing together a ton of superstars with boisterous personalities and penchant to run an organization that spills its beans to the media are troublesome.

With that said, if we do ever win another Super Bowl under his watch, I think he'll be just as responsible for that as he is our current inability to do just that.

He has his fingerprints everywhere. I fully credit him for the early 90s. He hired a guy in Jimmy Johnson and ran the organization in a way that I'm not sure many others could. But I also fault him for the last 12 years.

Do I dislike Jerry? Nah. I think he does a lot of good things. I just wonder (fear?) that his two basic loves -- winning and the spotlight -- might be strange bedfellows and a philosophy that's inherently flawed.