What's Wrong with Dallas Cowboys' Franchise

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2498823 said:
I like Jerry's go-getter mentality. I like the fact he wants us in the news. But I do think his mentality can serve as a detriment.

It's no coincidence that he's the only common factor in our inability to win a playoff game for some time.

I think his unwillingness to empower a coach not named Parcells, love for piecing together a ton of superstars with boisterous personalities and penchant to run an organization that spills its beans to the media are troublesome.

With that said, if we do ever win another Super Bowl under his watch, I think he'll be just as responsible for that as he is our current inability to do just that.

He has his fingerprints everywhere. I fully credit him for the early 90s. He hired a guy in Jimmy Johnson and ran the organization in a way that I'm not sure many others could. But I also fault him for the last 12 years.

Do I dislike Jerry? Nah. I think he does a lot of good things. I just wonder (fear?) that his two basic loves -- winning and the spotlight -- might be strange bedfellows and a philosophy that's inherently flawed.

FWIW-I LOVED our drafts under him post-Bill P. I think Bill P has taught him the ropes.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Boysboy;2498825 said:
FWIW-I LOVED our drafts under him post-Bill P. I think Bill P has taught him the ropes.

Agreed. He's much improved in that department.

This draft, other than the fact it featured "small" players (CBs and RBs and not burly DL and LBs) was very Parcellsian in terms of its quality.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer is the new star of that network and I've yet to see one single sign of bias with the guy. He's brilliant.

He absolutely skewered Jerry Jones. 3rd degree burns on Jerry's butt.

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
The Cowboys deserve credit for a great draft.

But can talent thrive in that culture? I haven't seen one single serious analyst have a positive outlook on it.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Bach;2498415 said:
Jerry.jpg
:hammer:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Dilfer is just PO'd because he never wore the star. I respected the guy at first, but now he's getting brainwashed by his ESPN peers.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2498990 said:
Dilfer is just PO'd because he never wore the star. I respected the guy at first, but now he's getting brainwashed by his ESPN peers.

Or he's just giving his honest opinion. Maybe he knows a little about what he's talking about?

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
RainMan;2498823 said:
I like the fact he wants us in the news. But I do think his mentality can serve as a detriment.

It's no coincidence that he's the only common factor in our inability to win a playoff game for some time.

Exactly.

And his quote from yesterday just verifies why he's an idiot.

No doubt he wants to win, but he's just as interested in the publicity and marketing of the team regardless of the circus atmosphere it creates. And most of the time he's the one that is perpetuating it.

Anyone who actually had winning as the one and only goal would do all they could to acheive that goal, which would definitely include limiting distractions and building team chemistry. But, Jerry thrives on all the turmoil and distractions because it creates media attention.

It's just one more reason Jerry as the owner/GM has been a detriment to this franchise.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2498994 said:
Or he's just giving his honest opinion. Maybe he knows a little about what he's talking about?

Opinions from ESPN are worthless. He hasn't left his seat to go visit Dallas to see what's going on.

Just another talking head.