Whats wrong with Julius??

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
All the reports from the Zoners have him getting 2 here, 3 there, a few for 5 or 6. I have been reading that Tyson Thompson has been getting 8 here, 12 there, 25 and a TD there. Why isnt JJ competing? He needs to step it up or BP will replace him. :starspin

strongarmqb

Reaction score
Yeah.. BP will replace Julius with an unproven tshirt olympics champion.. good call.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
strongarmqb said:
Yeah.. BP will replace Julius with an unproven tshirt olympics champion.. good call.
:laugh2: :laugh1: :bow:

PaEagleHater

Reaction score
maybe thompson is running against the retreads, without any tread. He'll be there. better yet, hopefully our Def is playing that good. If they can controll him they are doing something.

Reaction score
Yep, JJ doesn't need to bust his butt in camp...Just be ready for the reg. season...

Thompson however DOES need to make the team...He has to show that he deserves to be on the TEAM...

I don't call camp "Underwear Olympics" though...Maybe Mini camp practice...but not the real camp now...

Pokes28

Reaction score
Remember that last year during camp Jones didn't look all-world either. In fact, in my (and many others) the best looking back last year was Lee. We all saw how that worked out.

Under the lights he plays at a different speed than he practices. There are a lot of guys like that. Looks like he may be one.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
JJ sees this tim to practice the playbook get the plays down start understanding the more techanical matters of running, plus he's going against the 1st team defense

TT on the other hand is trying to make the team, plus he's going aginst 3 4 team, so he doesnt have it as hard as JJ,

dont look so much into this, remember last year Lee looked real good in camp, but who was starting the last 7 games?

Ceasaleo88

Reaction score
It's cool with me that he's gettin the lil chunks, cuz the lil chunks add up. And they're not negative runs, like our old friend Hambrick. Let him keep banging in there, and during the course of a game those 1 or 2 yd runs will start turning into 7 or 8 yd runs just because we keep wearing the opposing D down. Let's not forget that he is a home run threat, meaning that he might have 6 carries for 10 yards, then break a 50 yarder on the next carry. I'm not worried

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Its just practice running a vanilla offense against a vanilla defense. Take a pill.

morasp

Reaction score
I'm really hoping that he has worked on his receiving in the offseason. The few passes he caught, he went for 8-10 yards up the sideline.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheKey said:
All the reports from the Zoners have him getting 2 here, 3 there, a few for 5 or 6. I have been reading that Tyson Thompson has been getting 8 here, 12 there, 25 and a TD there. Why isnt JJ competing? He needs to step it up or BP will replace him. :starspin

Emmitt Smith did not exactly break runs in training camp either, Thompson is trying to make the team Jones is trying to get in shape for the season.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I guess you didn't see the pic of JJ breaking a long TD run on the first day of TC?

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Please do us a favor, and don't headline your post as " What wrong with Julius", unless something is seriously wrong. I don't need a heart attack today.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
training camp just started Saturday.Relax.JJ will do just fine by the start of the season.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
cwbyfan72 said:
Please do us a favor, and don't headline your post as " What wrong with Julius", unless something is seriously wrong. I don't need a heart attack today.

Exactly my thoughts! LOL! Not a good title for this thread!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
djdoug said:
training camp just started Saturday.Relax.JJ will do just fine by the start of the season.

I just want Jones to get in shape no need for him taking big hit at camp he will get enough of those in games.