What's your off-the-wall idea you think could work, but you know almost no one else does?

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Open up camp giving same number of starting unit snaps to top two QBs. I think you would get a good view of the backup, and also take the comfort zone away from the Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Open up camp giving same number of starting unit snaps to top two QBs. I think you would get a good view of the backup, and also take the comfort zone away from the Dak.
The Trance would get no reps at all that way.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Too tall.
Brandon Jacobs: "You can say that, but... " :cool:;):p

NY-AK718_SPRTS__G_20100819180812.jpg

_sturt_

Reaction score
Can he gain 30 pounds overnight?
You made me learn me something.

Jacobs is an inch off of the tallest RB in professional football history. That distinction goes, instead, to Bert Coan. 6-5, 220. Best season was 500+ yards in 1966 for the Chiefs.

But more relevant to the point if I'm trying to make the case in a court of law...

Eddie George listed at an inch shorter than TL, but 10 pounds heavier.

Eric Dickerson also listed at an inch shorter than TL, but 5 pounds lighter.

Uncommon, yes. Completely irrational just based on height, no.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I'll start.

Trey Lance's high school coach said in an on camera interview once that he believed TL would thrive best in a RB role.

So, you know where I'm going with that.

Go to Oxnard, and give TL a legit shot at earning RB1.

There. I said it. :D
LOL, hey at least you found a way to utilize him and get him on the field. That trade is still a head scratcher. If he just stands on the sidelines again this year, then leaves as a FA after the season - what did we trade that 4th round draft pick for?
I really wish we had that 4th rounder over the weekend, rather than a guy who didn't even get on the field when he was here - very strange, even for the Jones boys.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'll start.

Trey Lance's high school coach said in an on camera interview once that he believed TL would thrive best in a RB role.

So, you know where I'm going with that.

Go to Oxnard, and give TL a legit shot at earning RB1.

There. I said it. :D
Would rather it be Lance than MP doing it.

_sturt_

Reaction score
at least you found a way to utilize him and get him on the field....
I really wish we had that 4th rounder over the weekend
Come to think of it, Jerry would be able to legitimately argue that he effectively added a RB with his 2024 4th rounder after all.... hehehe.

Skynet

Reaction score
Jerry fires McCarthy by mid season and hires Billy bob thorton as the new head coach. He also resigns as gm and hires renowned psychic miss Cleo as the new General manager.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Hmmm…

Tyler Tyler Martin Beebe Thomas

I think having Martin at C for a few weeks, if not all of next season, might give Beebe a chance to grow into the C spot.

Yeah, I’m nuts. :laugh:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Hmmm…

Tyler Tyler Martin Beebe Thomas

I think having Martin at C for a few weeks, if not all of next season, might give Beebe a chance to grow into the C spot.

Yeah, I’m nuts. :laugh:
I'll give you this... I think the conventional idea of Guyton Smith Beebe Martin Thomas is going to get tested in preseason, and we shouldn't be too quick to dismiss, still, the idea that Smith starts the year at LT.