When’s it gonna happen?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Pretty much. The last year is always reworked going forward to be much lower.
I gotta say it again...

If he wins in the first four years he can write his own check.

If he DOESN'T win....that'll be NINE seasons that he didnt....and is that not time to move on anyway?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Those who said that Prescott wasn't getting signed to a new deal have been right for 2.5 years. They will continue to be right. There will be no new contract.
No one actually thought that. It was more of a "hope" then it was a prediction. Anyone that's followed the Cowboys and Jerry Jones...no way they'd predict such a thing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Dak isn't the difference maker some think he is, he needs too much around him to be perfect. Think back a couple seasons ago before Cooper was signed. If Dak was sooooo great why was the offense struggling so badly until Coop came on board? If he is so great he shouldn't need the 85 Bears for a defense.

9-8 or 8-9 the next 3 years is somehow better?
Think back to 2016 when he had a top 10 defense and the TEAM won 13 games.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak isn't the difference maker some think he is, he needs too much around him to be perfect. Think back a couple seasons ago before Cooper was signed. If Dak was sooooo great why was the offense struggling so badly until Coop came on board? If he is so great he shouldn't need the 85 Bears for a defense.

What on earth did you expect for Dak or anyone to do with Allen Hurns as his #1 wide receiver and Brice Butler and Cole Beasley?

CowboysNation85

Reaction score

Yes more wins

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Guess it depends if on what rumors you believe. If he’s really at 44, which I highly doubt, it’s a tag. I even think 40 is way too steep but could see the FO making a deal on it with some contingencies. I highly doubt Dak caves to be under 40 so really think the tag happens.

CowboysNation85

Reaction score
I remember a rookie being pushed into a starting role that no one had prepared for. Dak had a great rookie season, but there were reasons for his success early on. He wasn't nearly as dominant in the latter part of the season once opposing DC's began piling up game film
He was pretty dominant this past season before he got hurt

CowboysNation85

Reaction score
Guess it depends if on what rumors you believe. If he’s really at 44, which I highly doubt, it’s a tag. I even think 40 is way too steep but could see the FO making a deal on it with some contingencies. I highly doubt Dak caves to be under 40 so really think the tag happens.
I think he deserves 40 not anything more not anything less. He deserves to be out Watson AAV.

Flamma

Reaction score
I gotta say it again...

If he wins in the first four years he can write his own check.

If he DOESN'T win....that'll be NINE seasons that he didnt....and is that not time to move on anyway?

If they want to move on, and of course assuming the last year isn't guaranteed, they'd move on before the last year. But hey, even if after 7 or 8 years Dallas wins nothing, you have to see how competitive we actually are before deciding to move on.

CowboysNation85

Reaction score
Cool... raise that bar from sucking to mediocre. Why bother playing the game if mediocre is going to be acceptable.
You play to win as many games as you can not tank and get a top-five pick every time but yet without Dak they wouldn’t be tanking they would just suck.

Miller

Reaction score
I think he deserves 40 not anything more not anything less. He deserves to be out Watson AAV.

I think Watson better but not by much. I don’t think anyone deserves 40 except Mahomes. At some point owners will put the breaks on the QB money

CowboysNation85

Reaction score
I think Watson better but not by much. I don’t think anyone deserves 40 except Mahomes. At some point owners will put the breaks on the QB money
I don’t think anybody deserves that kind of money but that’s just how it works and that’s just the market value

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they want to move on, and of course assuming the last year isn't guaranteed, they'd move on before the last year. But hey, even if after 7 or 8 years Dallas wins nothing, you have to see how competitive we actually are before deciding to move on.
Thats been my point with this contract all along.

He almost HAS to win over the next three seasons to cash in again the way he expects, and at the same time he is limiting the players they can put around him.

I really have no idea how not grabbing all he can right now is going to pay off with that much of a difference to make it worth the risk.

Miller

Reaction score
I don’t think anybody deserves that kind of money but that’s just how it works and that’s just the market value

Honestly I respect that opinion but I also don’t like the “market value” excuse. With that reasoning you just give guys what they want. I don’t know how 40 mil is the market for a Top 10 guy. I don’t see it evening out where next year other guys are getting 45-50 and we are saying we are in the right slot. The cap went down not up

csirl

Reaction score
Dont be surprised if Tuesday passes with no tag and no contract.

I can see the team PR department putting out a statement to the effect of ......" free agency doesnt happen for another fee days......still plenty of time etc......" just to calm things down.

slick325

Reaction score
I think by tomorrow we'll know one way or another. Risen or someone will be posting an NFL insider describing the Cowboys route with Prescott before the 9th.

Then Barnum and Bailey will lie to the fans (as usual) about planning for this as a contingency (if he is franchised again). They will tell everyone how they hope to get a deal in place before July and the tag won't affect free agency or their draft pool. They planned for this all along and are set however it plays out. Smh...

Step right up! Step right up! Don't be shy!