When a man volunteers to BBQ...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the following chain of events are put into motion:

1) The woman buys the food.

2) The woman makes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.

3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill -- beer in hand..

Here comes the important part.......

4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

then....

5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again..........

7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.

9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most of all.........

10) Everyone PRAISES the man and THANKS him for his cooking efforts.

11) The man then asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off"

And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Glad you got that all straight. Do us a favor & make sure the rest of the women get it right, OK? ;)

jman

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
the following chain of events are put into motion:

1) The woman buys the food.

2) The woman makes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.

3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill -- beer in hand..

Here comes the important part.......

4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

then....

5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again..........

7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.

9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most of all.........

10) Everyone PRAISES the man and THANKS him for his cooking efforts.

11) The man then asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off"

And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.

LOL...not this man.

I buy the meat, prepare the meat along with the sauce and rub, start the grill or smoker, cook the meat, drinking plenty of beer while cooking the meat (and before and after), taking the meat off the grill and serving the meat.

Plates and cutlery...the paper plates or over there and I'll cut up the brisket for you, but the ribbs...I don't need no stinking cutlery...And there's a roll of paper towels right of there if you need one.

And as far as the "salad, vegetables, and dessert" portion of the meal? What's that? It's BBQ time!!!! I do admit, I do have a little dessert...a nice cold beer!

That's meal time...

Wimbo

Reaction score
My wife doesn't do all that prep & clean stuff when I grill. She's always too busy mowing the lawn or changing the oil for that.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm not married, but if I ever become so, I defy my wife to outcook me. One of my favorite things to do is put on a good meal.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
After being in love with the same beautiful girl for 34 years, I read this thread, ... and chuckle. :rolleyes: