When Dallas Released Carter they took the heart of the team out of the players

zack

Reaction score
I'm with you. I think that this changed the tone for this season. Yeah it is a business but this was a foolish decision IMO. We are no better with Vinny this year.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Im glad to see there is some objective good football minded people on this site.

But why is there a Skin fan on this site?, this loser might pass me up on posts soon .

blindzebra

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
That really has nothing to do what I said.

Besides, I seemed to me that prior to his release a vast majority of those that were started had to do with how "HE" caused us to lose this game or that game.

It's a moot point anyway.

It was something like 25 threads started by the pro-Carter side, 5 articles by writers, and 3 by the "haters", so yep it was all the haters keeping it going. :rolleyes:

Check the archives.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Mash said:
Carter made a brutal mistake....let the team down....let even some of us fans down.

But he still should be on this team. We should of let him be our backup.

Now we max protect....we won't play our best RB ( not to hard to be better then Eddie) because as Bill said...." He can't trust him"....and if Vinny goes down...so does our season.

So by releasing Carter.....we basically put all our eggs in one basket with a statue of a QB....who doesn't have a cannon of a arm like most have said here....who does throw ints...and misses reads and is just driving the bus like Carter did last year.

Vinny may be a upgrade in some areas but he is still a bus driver who needs protection.

Bills gameplan against the Giants proved it. Didn't trust our OL...our blitz pickups...etc....all because of Vinny's lack of mobility and the lack of experience behind him

4th and inches......If Carter was our backup....its a sneak.

Yep, the gameplan has been set for opposing defenses.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
If carter was our heart, we'd be a dieing 4-10 team...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Mike, this is your best effort yet...but uhh, what took you so long? It's already WEDNESDAY!

MikeD17 said:
Imagine for a second your a Cowboys Player from Last season , you felt good about the things you did last year, you liked the momentum you had going into this year.

You go into training camp one morning and you find out that the guy who lead you to the playoffs , your starting qb ,team captain and leader has just been cut .

You really wanna know, Mike?

I'm a wide receiver on the Dallas Cowboys first week of August 2003 and I get the news, and I'm freaking ECSTATIC that short ones sans touch, and long balls falling short have just been "released". Sugar plum dreams of getting hit in stride, yes, stride , boy, dance over my head. I call my chiropractor to cancel my next six months of scheduled appointments cuz I ain't gonna have to contort like a pretzel anymore on Sundays to catch a pass. I take may gal to dinner and tell her, "honey, I might not be so tired this season because I only have to do MY job now, not run back to the huddle and tell him what I saw because he didn't". (which even rookie Jason Witten did last year).

I also call my dealer to find out if he was the one sold Quincy the weed. If he is, I put a little something extra in his envelope that week.p

I'm a running back on the Dallas Cowboys last August 7, and all of a sudden, I'm not getting blamed for not being able to carry the pass offense. I'm an offensive lineman and I get giddy thinking the next guy in ISN'T going to panic run when he's got protection, and I am going to have a clue where he is and what he's about to do.

I'm ANY member of the Dallas Cowoys defense, and I'm celebrating I don't have to hear how Carter "led" me to the playoffs, not one more time. I know I dragged him there myself, kicking and screaming. Slow burn: off!

I'm Sean Payton and I'm dancing a jig. I'm ANY offensive positions coach and I'm breathing easier. I might be employed a year from now, and feeding my family!

You know I love Quincy but let's be real. He is no longer a Dallas Cowboy so no longer merits a spirted defense, imho. He is just where he belongs. Behind a top tier starter, watching, learning, and soaking up the game. I trust his next shot he is able to take much better advantage of. He was not well prepared, but next time around he hopefully will be. And yah, I still think he's got talent.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
It was something like 25 threads started by the pro-Carter side, 5 articles by writers, and 3 by the "haters", so yep it was all the haters keeping it going. :rolleyes:

Check the archives.

Um.....I'm talking about prior to his release. I have no doubt that it's the "pro-Cater" side that is starting it now. Why would the "anti-Carter" side say ANYTHING about the two? What does the "anti-Carter" side have to say about VT's performances thus far? So, I can understand why one side would say something over the other.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Um.....I'm talking about prior to his release. I have no doubt that it's the "pro-Cater" side that is starting it now. Why would the "anti-Carter" side say ANYTHING about the two? What does the "anti-Carter" side have to say about VT's performances thus far? So, I can understand why one side would say something over the other.

That was the breakdown BEFORE his release.

They kept it going, and they still do.

Clay_Allison

Reaction score
If you still had quincy? Then what? He would give the refs some of his stash to keep the penalties down? We could move forward with a guy whose judgement we can't trust at QB? Maybe they could get a little dope with him so they won't feel so bad about a .500 first 1/4?

Quincy doesn't play D-Back. We came in thin at corner and safety, we lost a safety and 2 corners, 2 more corners didn't show up to play in preseason. If we were talking about cutting a top D-back, an elite Right End, a Linebacker that can fight through a block, a running back that can average 4 yards/carry, I'd talk to you.

Carter picked up a few firsts, he bought some plays with his legs, but the QB position is not what has us 2-2.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
That was the breakdown BEFORE his release.

They kept it going, and they still do.

Are you trying to tell me that there were only 25 threads started about Carter BEFORE his release?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Shaun King took the Bucs to the playoffs too. Hell, Trent Dilfer WON a SB. Both of them are backups at their current teams. Jon Kitna was comeback player of the year and yet still a backup.

Carter was not going to lead this team to the promise land with where he is right now. Maybe if he has another opportunity elsewhere, this time he will be more prepared and display his talent on a more consistent basis.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Are you trying to tell me that there were only 25 threads started about Carter BEFORE his release?

No, I'm saying that 25 of the last 33 threads before his release were started by the pro-Carter side, while only 3 were started by the haters.

The so-called haters get blamed for the forum's content and decline, but the other side is who was/is keeping it going.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
No, I'm saying that 25 of the last 33 threads before his release were started by the pro-Carter side, while only 3 were started by the haters.

The so-called haters get blamed for the forum's content and decline, but the other side is who was/is keeping it going.

Well, if you would take everything in whole, you would see it alot differently.

Did the Pro-Carter side start their share? Sure they did. There is no side blameless here.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Hi Barb aka Latuna

Barb , my overall point is when we cut Carter we ended our playoff chances.

Barb were is this great arm of Vinny I keep hearing about? what about his great conditioning ? why is he constantly underthrowing passes? The guy cant move and he looks old as hell.

His old sorry *** needs to be benched. BARB , i Know you admire the guy ,b ut ets look at the facts what has this guy really done in his 20 plus years in the league?

besides 98 all his other years have been medicore or horrid. The guy is the greatest losing qb of all time nfl history for crying out loud.

This guy isnt Good , and now are season is totally shot because of this mope .

We should be having someone my age playing qb not someone my uncle charlies age .

Its a disgrace that this donkey is a Cowboys qb , were not the NEW YORK JETS .

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
Hi Barb aka Latuna

Barb , my overall point is when we cut Carter we ended our playoff chances.

Barb were is this great arm of Vinny I keep hearing about? what about his great conditioning ? why is he constantly underthrowing passes? The guy cant move and he looks old as hell.

His old sorry *** needs to be benched. BARB , i Know you admire the guy ,b ut ets look at the facts what has this guy really done in his 20 plus years in the league?

besides 98 all his other years have been medicore or horrid. The guy is the greatest losing qb of all time nfl history for crying out loud.

This guy isnt Good , and now are season is totally shot because of this mope .

We should be having someone my age playing qb not someone my uncle charlies age .

Its a disgrace that this donkey is a Cowboys qb , were not the NEW YORK JETS .

Mike, I see no reason you should call VT a donkey, cripe, the man is as classy as they come.

I wasn't in any way, shape or form for the Testaverde acquistion. When Bill did shock me so much I had to wear the crow avatar, I still thought there was no way Vin could beat out Carter. NOT that I supposed Q was heading for any Pro Bowls, but because I thought he could conceivably take a considerable leap forward in his second year in the Parcells systen. Really, it was much more faith in Bill than in Quincy led me to feel that way.

However, I fully support Vinnie for the EXACT same reason I knocked my fool head against the wall all last season and off season over Quincy. And that is that he is our best chance this year, THIS year, to make some waves.

Q is gone. Henson is not ready. VT is the best bet this year. Period.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I'll admit it... I do miss Carter...

gomerpyleusmc.jpg

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
HES OUr BEST BET FOR 8-8 , i agree with that.

but to me Parcells is wasting a chance to mature romo or Hensonfor next year.

Parcells said last year im not looking for a qb to make us 8-8 , but thats just what he got in Free Vinny.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Look at the reaction to this thread...........There must be alot of individuals missing Quincy.

Ah!!!!! maybe it's just the QC threads everyone is missing.

As for myself...............Yawn :eek:

Skeptic

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
How about a whole separate forum?

I'll bet that forum would probably be close to equaling this one with posts.

I like it.

The psychos can rant about their 20/20 hindsight, and the rest of us can talk about football.

You know...like TODAY'S football?