CZ POLL When did you become a Cowboys fan?

When did you become a Cowboys fan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I think I just barely make the 1980-1989 group. I was born in 84, and I can still remember watching some games in 89, and even having to resort to radio cause of blackouts in DFW area. However, true FANaticism probably didnt start til 92, thats when the whole "I cant miss a game no matter what" mentality most of us have took hold......

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Early 80's when the NFL began being screened in the UK. Probably 1984 if memory serves me. It started with a 1 hour highlights show of the previous weekends games, screened at 1 in the morning on a Thursday. This quickly became unsatisfying so my brother bought a longwave radio and we listened to live commentary on armed forces radio broadcasting to Europe. We never knew which game it was going to be until it started so it was always a cause for celebration when it was the Cowboys. To think now that we can watch 5 live games every week on Sky TV . Different world.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I think I just barely make the 1980-1989 group. I was born in 84, and I can still remember watching some games in 89, and even having to resort to radio cause of blackouts in DFW area. However, true FANaticism probably didnt start til 92, thats when the whole "I cant miss a game no matter what" mentality most of us have took hold......
We traveled to Paris Texas from Dallas to watch the blacked out games My Dad and Grand pop were Cowboys fans My dad played High School football with Forrest Gregg

Motorola

Reaction score
I think it’s cool how we still have fans on this board that saw Don Meredith, Don Perkins, and the 60’s legends play. I laugh at these threads wanting to publicly drop their loyalty because of a few bad seasons. We have fans who have been showing up for 50+ years.
VanqueroTD - thank you for the acknowledgement to us "Cowboys Elders".

Overall...the franchise has avoided very long periods of subpar/bad teams.
Five years at the beginning__1960-64.
Five years toward the end of the Eighties___1986-90.
Three years at the start of the century___2000-02.

18 losing seasons- 12 with double-digit defeats

6 with a .500 record

38 winning seasons, with 30 being with double-digit wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.