When Do The Excuses End?

RunDMC

Reaction score
Seriously when will people stop making excuses for this football atrocity of a team? When? Other teams the truly good teams in this league find ways to win in spite of adversity. You don't think Pittsburgh missed Big Ben? Now do I think he's as good as Romo? No, but he's definitely one of the better quarterbacks and a 2x Super Bowl champ. They won games with Landry Jones. LANDRY JONES. They won a game with Mike too. They just lost Leveon Bell who was every bit as important to their success as DeMarco was to ours a season ago. You see them making excuses?

Tony Romo is a great quarterback. Imo the MVP and Dez is spectacular as well. Best wide out in football. Despite those guys being out for so long we had a legit opportunity to win the last three ball games. Obviously Dez was back for two of them, but clearly wasn't quite himself. Find a way to win. Don't throw a pick six, how about getting one yourself? How about not taking horrific angles and constantly over running plays? Is that too much to ask? How about blitzing more when we can't generate pressure with four guys? How about running more pick plays? How about some freaking crossing routes? The one route our #2 wideout has shown he can actually get seperation on and make big plays. Point being this coaching staff seems to get a pass from so many people. WHY? ENOUGH. You have got to find a way to win ONE game. All we needed was one to get to 3-5 and have as much a chance to win this crap division as Philadelphia or New York.

This team made the decision to let the league's leading rusher in 2014 in DeMarco Murray walk. They decided to extend Jason Garrett after just one winning season in five. They decided to extend Marinelli after his defense was barely middle of the pack. They decided to not get a legit backup quarterback. They put their hopes in Joseph Randle. A dude who had proved to be anything, but reliable on or off the field. They decided to stick with Nick Hayden as your one tech who is probably the worst at that very position in the league. I mean damn have you every seen a dude get blown off the line so EASILY? This is some horrific stuff. The safety position has been God awful for YEARS since Woody retired basically and once again they stick with JJ Wilcox and Barry Church who are beyond horrific in the postseason. Taking bad angles, getting beat over the top, not being able to tackle in space.

I mean again two years ago Green Bay won two games without Aaron Rodgers. New England has won without Brady before. Just enough of the excuses. How about winning a game? I'm not asking for a five game winning streak. I'm asking for one freaking win to keep us alive and we were unable to do it. I mean somebody MAKE a play. We can talk about scheme and as I said at the outset it's horrific, but still there have been opportunities to make plays and they haven't been made. You can't gift teams points MATT CASSEL. You can't drop interceptions. I mean our defensive end has the only interception since our last win. You would think we'd luck into one or two. Our offense prior to last game had score two offensive touchdowns in the prior three weeks. I mean you talk about ineptitude. I understand backups will miss open recievers and make some bad decisions, but when the game is on the line you can't just give the ball away. You can't miss a Cole Beasley deep down the middle of the field which would've put you in field goal range against Seattle. You can't miss a Darren McFadden underneath in crunch time who would've gotten a first down against the Giants. You can't allow a kickoff return for a TD. Stay in your damn lanes. I mean you guys are professional football players. Play like it!

Look at the teams we've lost. New Orleans with an at the time injured Drew Brees. Seattle which is nowhere near the team they were in their Super Bowl run. The Giants who gave up 50 points to the Saints on the road and have been anything, but consistent. The Eagles who looked dead in the water after we whooped them in Week 2. Don't tell me we couldn't at least been 2-2 against those teams. You have to find a way to win a football game and you couldn't do it. If it wasn't for an incredible comeback by Romo against the Giants in Week 1 we'd be tied for the worst record in the NFC with Detroit. Let that sink in. Even the Campo teams didn't lose six in a row. Not since 1989. Championship teams don't make excuses. They win. It's clear this isn't a championship team. Not even close. From 12-4 and on the brink of the NFC Championship Game to this. Just disgraceful.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
@RunDMC

Man, you really need to just step away from the keyboard and this forum for a while. 2,328 posts, 2,200 of them being absolute freak out emotional caps locked curse-laden meltdowns.

It's just football. Please stop with the melodrama. You just keep saying the same things over and over and over.

We heard you, brother.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Excuse me for not being happy with a six game losing streak.

You think any of us Cowboy fans are happy about it? It seems every post/thread you make is whine, whine, whine, whine, whine. Geez, go get a hug from somebody!

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I think we all agree.......

It's just we don't ***** & moan incessantly

I don't like JG as a coach.....or JJ for letting Jimmy walk

Things we can't control or accept

We get your point, I personally agree.......

Just stop Bundy..... Polk high had players afterwards

RunDMC

Reaction score
Maybe you are going to like the 8 game winning streak that is coming.:D

I would love that man.

I just wanna see this team win.

I really thought this was our year. I hope by some miracle they can find a way to turn it around. I'll still be here rooting for them every Sunday.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I would love that man.

I just wanna see this team win.

I really thought this was our year. I hope by some miracle they can find a way to turn it around. I'll still be here rooting for them every Sunday.

I have a weird feeling the end will be sweet, it's just one of those weird years.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
In all honesty are we really any better than they are?

Did you really just ask me if we are better than Cleveland?

moe-slapping-larry.gif