When do we sign Romo

AbeBeta

Reaction score
How many more games do we need to see from Romo before he gets his contract?

For the record, I was always in the sign him before the season starts camp.

Jay-D

Reaction score
Romo will be signed during the bye week....October 28.

That is 7 weeks into the season against some pretty tough opponents in Chicago and New England.

If Romo lights it up against either of those teams.......CHA-CHING for him.

If not.......Jerry waits until the end of the season.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
abersonc;1636616 said:

If we wait too much longer, we'd better pray that Romo is truly a nice guy and doesn't go into FA, or that Jerry just slaps him with the Franchise tag, but the longer he waits, the more it's gonna cost Jerry at this paste.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I think thats a good guess. During the bye week. I am glad our bye week isnt in week 2 or 3 for a change.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
abersonc;1636616 said:

I was as well. Doesn't matter much now. 4 games, 8 games the entire year. Heck they may as well wait now. With all these injuries it might not be a bad idea to see if he survives.

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1636660 said:
I was as well. Doesn't matter much now. 4 games, 8 games the entire year. Heck they may as well wait now. With all these injuries it might not be a bad idea to see if he survives.

That was my whole point plus I wanted to see if he can indeed make all the throws on a regular basis...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1636651 said:
Umm you let him finish out the season...

Doubtful. Last thing you want is to have to compete with other teams to sign him. Folks here place too much on the "he wants to be a Cowboy" or "Cowboy QB is the best job in all football" deal.

It appears that we finally have our next QB - you don't play chicken with that guy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
abersonc;1636616 said:

None of your bidnezz...

Next question?

Big Dakota

Reaction score
abersonc;1636763 said:
Doubtful. Last thing you want is to have to compete with other teams to sign him. Folks here place too much on the "he wants to be a Cowboy" or "Cowboy QB is the best job in all football" deal.

It appears that we finally have our next QB - you don't play chicken with that guy.

I know the Boys never use it because Jerry makes up his mind and either go's another way or ponies up and pays, but we do have the F tag. So really, Romo isn't going anywhere if we don't want him to.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I'm sure Jerry will be happy to pay Romo big money if he keeps having games like last night.

superpunk

Reaction score
Unless we give him a deal that rivals the league's best QBs, I doubt that Romo will want to sign a contract. He knows what he's capable of, and he knows if he plays out the season he won't have to settle for a Matt Schaub contract.

He's not a guy like Ellis who is going to sign a deal he might be unhappy with in a few years. He's gonna get paid, big time. And if Jerry wants to see more before paying him Tom Brady money, then Tony will oblige rather than settle. The notion that Jerry is the only party holding this up is naive, I think. Jerry's probably offered some very fair deals for what Romo has done so far - to which Romo responds "Wait til you see what else I can do."

It's going to be a HUGE deal, folks.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
superpunk;1636779 said:
Unless we give him a deal that rivals the league's best QBs, I doubt that Romo will want to sign a contract. He knows what he's capable of, and he knows if he plays out the season he won't have to settle for a Matt Schaub contract.

He's not a guy like Ellis who is going to sign a deal he might be unhappy with in a few years. He's gonna get paid, big time. And if Jerry wants to see more before paying him Tom Brady money, then Tony will oblige rather than settle. The notion that Jerry is the only party holding this up is naive, I think. Jerry's probably offered some very fair deals for what Romo has done so far - to which Romo responds "Wait til you see what else I can do."

It's going to be a HUGE deal, folks.

Good, huge deal for a huge player. My daddy's been in the cattle business 50 years. He always says, "It's not the big deals that scare me because they pay off big" and Romo's gonna be a big deal. ;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Big Dakota;1636785 said:
Good, huge deal for a huge player. My daddy's been in the cattle business 50 years. He always says, "It's not the big deals that scare me because they pay off big" and Romo's gonna be a big deal. ;)

Romo sucks!

Campbell or McNabb, even Eli is who I would prefer!

:cool:

The only reason that Romo looks good is because of the other players! If it weren't for them he would be the loser that he is!

RW31

Reaction score
"lets just wait"

WAIT FOR WHAT?!??! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

oh wait, i forgot we have brady and peyton backing him up

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Trade him now while he has value. We can get a 1st rounder. Draft Brohm and D-Mac with our top two picks. Set for the next 10+ years. :)

RW31

Reaction score
while we're at it we should trade witten for a draft pick as well. im pretty sure there will be some guy in the 2nd or 3rd round who can do the same stuff for us.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
abersonc;1636616 said:

I wouldn't sign him until Dallas reaches the playoffs. That's what it's all about, not Stats.