When I talk to Terrell Owens what does the Zone want him to know?

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Since either me or Tanin WILL actually get to speak to this man, what is the message you want delivered to him? (Other than 'Kick some butt for our team', of course)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Tass said:
Since either me or Tanin WILL actually get to speak to this man, what is the message you want delivered to him? (Other than 'Kick some butt for our team', of course)

just tell him we hope he keeps his word this time.

ljs44

Reaction score
Let him know that if he keeps his word, and doesn't cause any problems, that the fans will love him.

People can say all they want about not wanting him here, but if he stays on the right path, keeps out of trouble, and produces, he will be loved.

Time will tell if he really has learned a lesson, or if he's just the same old TO

stilltheguru

Reaction score
tell him not to let the negativity get to him.

haters gonna hate regardless

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ljs44 said:
Let him know that if he keeps his word, and doesn't cause any problems, that the fans will love him.

People can say all they want about not wanting him here, but if he stays on the right path, keeps out of trouble, and produces, he will be loved.

Time will tell if he really has learned a lesson, or if he's just the same old TO

Love may be too strong of a word regarding TO but you are right if he can produce and not cause problems the fans will accept him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
tell him not to let the negativity get to him.

haters gonna hate regardless

it's not as if the "haters" have no reason or history to point to.

TO's gotta be the one to prove he's *not* what the haters hate. if he does no problem. if he's TO all over again, problem.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Pimp the Zone as much as possible. :p:

I doubt he'd do that, he's got his own site that has a pretty strong message board. If he pimped anything, it would probably be his own site.....It would be cool to get a shout out though in his next interview, but again, we'd come on the back burner to the TO site.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Learn from how talking to the media has brought him nothing but trouble.

Do your talking on the field.

Make things work for both him and us.

:starspin

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tass said:
I talked to the lady I had you fax the consent form over to. She said she got them for all 3 boys. She plans to have TO get his picture taken with all 3 of the boys.

I guess from me the only thing I'd like to have you tell him is work with Henson, Romo, and Mroz as well as Bledsoe and get chemistry with all of them.

trentmonster

Reaction score
Tell him he's just got to do a mock "cleaning" of the star after his first home TD! That would flat out rock and go along way towards winning over the home fans, imo.

ljs44

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Love may be too strong of a word regarding TO but you are right if he can produce and not cause problems the fans will accept him.

Maybe accept is a better word, but what happens if he stays on the straight and narrow, and after 3 years he averages like 80-90 catches, 1300-1500 yards, and 12-16 TDs, and the boys win a super bowl? I would say the fans would love him.

Granted, those are HUGE ifs, but maybe he'll turn into the offensive version of Charles Haley.

I was not thrilled that he was signed, but I am hoping that he truly has changed and will become a great player for us. Time will tell.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's a business and if you treat it that way, you will likely make lots of money. However, to us, the fan, it's a sport. What is important to you Owens? If you treat it as a sport, with the fans in mind, you will enjoy a measure of respect you have not hear to seen in your career. If you treat it like a business, you will be one of the best WRs in the league, you will make very good money and you will not be accepted. Are you at a point in your life where this can be a sport for us and you or is it still a business?

Or maybe you can just ask him, what can I work on to improve Mr. Ownens? ;)

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Tell him to ignore the haters and we can't wait to see him bring his game to big D. Oh yeah, and get that moon walk dance ready for Oct 7.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
trentmonster said:
Tell him he's just got to do a mock "cleaning" of the star after his first home TD! That would flat out rock and go along way towards winning over the home fans, imo.

maybe drop to his knees and do the "i'm not worthy" in front of the star - just the 1st td. : )

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dallasblue05 said:
I doubt he'd do that, he's got his own site that has a pretty strong message board. If he pimped anything, it would probably be his own site.....It would be cool to get a shout out though in his next interview, but again, we'd come on the back burner to the TO site.
You misunderstood. I want he and his son to mention DallasCowboysZone as much as possible...to TO, to his PR people, to any other NFL person there, and the other kids...

Get my drift? :)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ask him what type of popcorn he likes....buttered, plain, cheese, carmel???? The Zone needs to know :D

BHendri5

Reaction score
trentmonster said:

Forget about all that star stuff, it is in the past and it did not physically hurt anyone of us or the team, it is all in the game.

Just tell him to post his workout on here or his personal website.