When it comes to games like Sunday vs Denver

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am more worried about how the Cowboys play than what the other team has.

In todays NFL, any team on any given day can beat you if you don't play your best.

But with teams like Carolina, Denver, KC, Seattle, Oakland I think it is much more about playing to your ability than fearing the other team.

That is just my take on it. The other teams we play this year, you know that if they bring their A game it is going to be a dogfight.

Those games above are the ones you have to have, just like St Louis last year - cost us the playoffs. These games are must wins!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dallas had brought it's B- game (max) every week this season, the team would be 3-0.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
If Dallas shows up and plays it's game and goes out there and doesn't kill themselves or make a bunch of dumb mistakes then Dallas will do just fine.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My wife ask me who I thought was going to win the Broncos / Cowboys game. I said the Cowboys are the better team, but they are the epitome of inconsistency.

I told her, "There is absolutely no way to tell who will actually win any game the Cowboys play." You can never know if you're going to get a team that executes it's plays or a hapless mess that could hardly be called a team.

aikemirv

Reaction score
nyc;2984378 said:
My wife ask me who I thought was going to win the Broncos / Cowboys game. I said the Cowboys are the better team, but they are the epitome of inconsistency.

I told her, "There is absolutely no way to tell who will actually win any game the Cowboys play." You can never know if you're going to get a team that executes it's plays or a hapless mess that could hardly be called a team.

Yeah, they don't instill confidence do they! That said I don't think Dallas will take them lightly because they have manhandled us in combined practices over the past few years that I remember.

Gordon

Reaction score
DallasEast;2984369 said:
If Dallas had brought it's B- game (max) every week this season, the team would be 3-0.

Unfortunately this group only seems to bring it's A game 1-2 times a season, which makes it so frustrating. If they could just eliminate the stupid mistakes they'd be among the best in the league and games like this wouldn't be worrisome at all.

But as it is, I agree with the original poster. Games like this really worry me since this group is so susceptible to making boneheaded plays that allow lesser teams like Denver to compete and even occasionally beat us.

On paper the Cowboys are infinitely better than the Broncos, and if this team expects to go places, this should be an easy win, in my opinion. However, I expect the game to stay close because I don't trust the team to play 4 quarters of smart, disciplined football yet. Hopefully they learn to do that as the season goes.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The only team who can beat Dallas before like week 8 is Dallas...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gordon;2984390 said:
On paper the Cowboys are infinitely better than the Broncos, and if this team expects to go places, this should be an easy win, in my opinion. However, I expect the game to stay close because I don't trust the team to play 4 quarters of smart, disciplined football yet. Hopefully they learn to do that as the season goes.
Hopefully the Cowboys will win while learning to do that as the goes on.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
aikemirv;2984386 said:
Yeah, they don't instill confidence do they! That said I don't think Dallas will take them lightly because they have manhandled us in combined practices over the past few years that I remember.

Eh? They were complaining about us using too many blitzes and playing too hard a couple of years ago.

Not that it matters much because they have an entirely different coaching staff now... But still.