When officials pick up flags

ChrisL97

Reaction score
Take nothing away from tonights win. The best team won, but when they picked up the holding penalty flag, I new the NFL wasnt going to let us lose tonight.

ghst187

Reaction score
If we lost, it makes some of the late season games meaningless and the league doesn’t want that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Take nothing away from tonights win. The best team won, but when they picked up the holding penalty flag, I new the NFL wasnt going to let us lose tonight.
I think knowing the showcase that this game was, the league office told the officials to either be absolutely sure about the call or don't make it. I liked what I saw. I thought it was fairly evenly called. The clipping against Biadasz was a bad call and there were a couple of holds by both teams that they let go or waved off. However, I don't think this was about the NFL not letting us lose, but rather about trying to do everything possible to not make the officials the reason either team lost.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The refs picked up not 1, not 2, but at least 3 flags that were intended for us tonight. Has that ever happened to our opponents on the road or home ever? Can someone who keeps track of these things over years and years let me know, because surely people have things memorized where we suffer such fates, am I right?

HungryLion

Reaction score
The refs picked up not 1, not 2, but at least 3 flags that were intended for us tonight. Has that ever happened to our opponents on the road or home ever? Can someone who keeps track of these things over years and years let me know, because surely people have things memorized where we suffer such fates, am I right?
To be fair. 2 of the 3 pickups werr the right call.

The holding on the lamb TD was the only one that they should have kept.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The refs were so bad the last time these 2 teams played that I’m sure the NFL was on it.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Do officials have an earpiece connected to officials watching in the booth where booth officials could be saying "yeah that one was ticky tack, pick up the flag we can let that one go"?

Maverick84

Reaction score
Like flies to dog ****, here comes @MarcusRock

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Like flies to dog ****, here comes @MarcusRock
You mad, huh? Is that the sound of your failsafe excuse crumbling? Quick to play victim when we suffer such "oddities" but angry when you can't be an exclusive victim. Sounds about right for the typical hypocrite. Quick, say "witch hunt" so I can properly peg you. Hahaha.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
To be fair. 2 of the 3 pickups werr the right call.

The holding on the lamb TD was the only one that they should have kept.
Not even talking about the calls just yet but didn't you find it odd that every single flag pick-up was intended for us and didn't get called? Every single one. I was just asking if that had ever happened to our opponents before because I know it'd be recited ad nauseum if it had.