When Romo Steps up in the Pocket...

aikemirv

Reaction score
Good things happen.

It is not so much that when T.O gets the ball that good things happen.

I really wonder how many of out big plays in the past 2 years have happened when Romo steps up in the pocket.

It is really amazing when you think about it. I don't know if it is the extra time or just that he sees things perfectly when he steps up but he is amazing!

sbark

Reaction score
That is what adds the degree of difficulty when playing the Giants.......they are able to collapse the inside of the pocket....hopefully better if Kosier can get and stay healthy...

with kosier, i'm afraid its one of those injuries that only an entire offseason will heal

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sbark;2439864 said:
That is what adds the degree of difficulty when playing the Giants.......they are able to collapse the inside of the pocket....hopefully better if Kosier can get and stay healthy...

with kosier, i'm afraid its one of those injuries that only an entire offseason will heal

True but then Romo has also had some big games vs the Giants. Romo ability to move around be it stepping up in the pocket or getting outside and throwing on the move allows Romo to hit a lot of big plays

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
give TO credit. Romo's success goes hand in hand with TO there's no denying that fact.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
You are correct.

Everybody is giving T.O. the love when in all actuality Romo is the reason owens had a big day. His manuvering in the pocket bought extra time for T.O. to get a step on the defense.

Sure give T.O. some love, but understand that this offense runs through Romo.

xpistofer

Reaction score
aikemirv;2439834 said:
Good things happen.

It is not so much that when T.O gets the ball that good things happen.

I really wonder how many of out big plays in the past 2 years have happened when Romo steps up in the pocket.

It is really amazing when you think about it. I don't know if it is the extra time or just that he sees things perfectly when he steps up but he is amazing!

one of the reasons why tony should scrap the tom brady imitation - an 'improvement' that made him and the team worse....

very glad to see him moving around again...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lcharles;2439899 said:
You are correct.

Everybody is giving T.O. the love when in all actuality Romo is the reason owens had a big day. His manuvering in the pocket bought extra time for T.O. to get a step on the defense.

Sure give T.O. some love, but understand that this offense runs through Romo.

I agree. I take nothing away from the day that Owens had it was great but we have seen this team with and without Romo and there is no question how important Romo is to the Cowboys. Right now there are still some throws that are getting away from Romo and hopefully that will come to an end once he gets that splint off his finger after Thanksgiving

Kobal

Reaction score
xpistofer;2439902 said:
one of the reasons why tony should scrap the tom brady imitation - an 'improvement' that made him and the team worse....

:hammer:

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
xpistofer;2439902 said:

Yeah this definitely was a difference maker. When Tony was standing back there vs the Brown's it was ok but once the heat started coming the line folded under the pressure and I think Tony was fighting the sense of urgency you know he was feeling. Maybe why he has a broken finger too.
He has great pocket presence and those little shuffles he can do are a gift.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I was glad to see the return of the real Romo. The guy who moves up, slides around, and makes some throws while on the move.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
xpistofer;2439902 said:

When watching the game yesterday, Romo was the old Romo from the 13 wins last season - he moved around, got out of the pocket, and stepped up to put some extra oomph behind those deep passes. When Tony is Tony, great things happen.

That's not to say that he can't "stand tall in the pocket" and throw either -- he's made some great throws to Witten and Crayton from there as well. But with defenses coming after Romo the way they do, him moving around is what helps to break down the coverage. There were plenty of plays where the Niners sent 7 guys and all 7 of them ended up either being blocked or laying down 8 to 10 yards in the backfield and all Romo had to do was pick a receiver and throw.

Hopefully he continues to be regular Tony Romo and not the Tom Brady clone. We all see what Tom Brady got for standing tall in the pocket -- I'd rather Romo hurt a little finger than blow out two knee ligaments.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
all it is is Romo giving the WRs extra time to get open

I'm glad he dropped the Brady imitation

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Agree on all the Brady stuff. We don't have anything that looks like their line.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Crown Royal;2441340 said:
Agree on all the Brady stuff. We don't have anything that looks like their line.

Neither do they, really. Patriots benefit from having the dump-down pass available to Welker and the deep ball to Moss on essentially a 3-step drop because of his speed.

Sorry, I can't stand to see anyone give props to the Cheatriots for anything:star:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xpistofer;2439902 said:

Funny how almost the entire forum picked up on that immediately and doubted wether that would actually lead to better play.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I've been saying that for a while....when he steps up and throws you can just tell the pass will be right on....even on rollouts, he's pretty dang accurate.

Nice not to have to worry about the play of the QB.....it's been since Aikman.