plasticman

Reaction score
Marvin Harrison Jr.

Jeremiah Trotter Jr.

In previous drafts:

Patrick Surtain II

Greg Newsome II

Kellen Winslow Jr.

That must be a lot of pressure on a guy coming out of college. His Dad was an NFL player, in many cases elite. The young man carries his name. Now he is going to get drafted and play NFL football. Everyone wants to know if he is for real or just the lucky recipient of a name.

I've seen it both ways in varying degrees. Sometimes the father was a marginal player and the son excels. Sometimes it's the other way around. in some cases, their careers are both impressive.

Anthony Dorsett wasn't a RB like his father. Tony. He played DB. He was a 6th round pick but played 8 seasons in the NFL. he even started for two seasons.

On the other hand, Billy Cannon Jr's father was a legend in both college and the Pros. Billy jr. was a 1st round draft pick for the Cowboys. He played in one game and he was badly injured with a broken neck. His career was over.

But doesn't it seem as though the NFL has been inundated recently with a whole lot of juniors? For the most part, they seem to be playing just a well as their fathers, some even better.

If my name was Tom Brady Jr, I think I would want to be a dentist.

Did you know that the Dallas Cowboys drafted Cooper Kupp's grandfather the same year they drafted three HOFers, including my hero Roger Staubach. Jake Kupp was drafted in the 9th and Staubach drafted in the 10th. Bob Hayes was drafted in the 7th. Jake Kupp played in the NFL for 12 years, even made one Pro Bowl.

And that is when the draft makes me feel old.

1942willys

Reaction score
Marvin Harrison Jr.

Jeremiah Trotter Jr.

In previous drafts:

Patrick Surtain II

Greg Newsome II

Kellen Winslow Jr.

That must be a lot of pressure on a guy coming out of college. His Dad was an NFL player, in many cases elite. The young man carries his name. Now he is going to get drafted and play NFL football. Everyone wants to know if he is for real or just the lucky recipient of a name.

I've seen it both ways in varying degrees. Sometimes the father was a marginal player and the son excels. Sometimes it's the other way around. in some cases, their careers are both impressive.

Anthony Dorsett wasn't a RB like his father. Tony. He played DB. He was a 6th round pick but played 8 seasons in the NFL. he even started for two seasons.

On the other hand, Billy Cannon Jr's father was a legend in both college and the Pros. Billy jr. was a 1st round draft pick for the Cowboys. He played in one game and he was badly injured with a broken neck. His career was over.

But doesn't it seem as though the NFL has been inundated recently with a whole lot of juniors? For the most part, they seem to be playing just a well as their fathers, some even better.

If my name was Tom Brady Jr, I think I would want to be a dentist.

Did you know that the Dallas Cowboys drafted Cooper Kupp's grandfather the same year they drafted three HOFers, including my hero Roger Staubach. Jake Kupp was drafted in the 9th and Staubach drafted in the 10th. Bob Hayes was drafted in the 7th. Jake Kupp played in the NFL for 12 years, even made one Pro Bowl.

And that is when the draft makes me feel old.
when you remember a players father as someone you watched play, yeah

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm not jealous of the pressures that those juniors are under, not only to play football (what if they don't even like it?), but to excel at it. They didn't ask for it.

With that being said... those dads freaking drill technique into their kids, like every time. I was watching Joe Alt the other day, and he's basically putting up teaching tape as a college junior. I looked at his NFL.com scouting report and it mentions "Dad was a 10 year starting NFL tackle". Yeah... that would make sense. I'll bet that Dad had him doing kick-slides about 5 minutes after he could walk.

1942willys

Reaction score
I'm not jealous of the pressures that those juniors are under, not only to play football (what if they don't even like it?), but to excel at it. They didn't ask for it.

With that being said... those dads freaking drill technique into their kids, like every time. I was watching Joe Alt the other day, and he's basically putting up teaching tape as a college junior. I looked at his NFL.com scouting report and it mentions "Dad was a 10 year starting NFL tackle". Yeah... that would make sense. I'll bet that Dad had him doing kick-slides about 5 minutes after he could walk.
His father ended up protecting Joe Montana's back his last years in the NFL
was pretty good from what I remember