When the Patriots didnt send out a punt returner

rockj7

Reaction score
It felt like BB was punking us and we didnt know what to do. To me it didnt matter if Cooper caught it on 4th and 11 I never felt we where going to win that game after that. Love my team just being honest.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It felt like BB was punking us and we didnt know what to do. To me it didnt matter if Cooper caught it on 4th and 11 I never felt we where going to win that game after that. Love my team just being honest.
Can someone explain that entire sequence please?

I can’t even remember clearly what happened because I was so confused as to how we were so unprepared to handle what happened.

The team was so confused it stunned me.

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Can someone explain that entire sequence please?

I can’t even remember clearly what happened because I was so confused as to how we were so unprepared to handle what happened.

The team was so confused it stunned me.

All you really need to know is that the special teams defense lined up with no returner AND no one covering the wing gunner who also happens to be a WR. It was a brain-dead gimme first down and probably TD provided V. Bryant could outrun Danny Woodhead who's on the other side of the field. Snap the ball throw a lob and a chimpanzee would score. Instead, we took a delay of game.

Aven8

Reaction score
We were shown to be utterly inept in our coaching.

The gunner was literally wide open! and instead of being prepared for it, instead of calling an audible. We took a penalty lol. We are a laughingstock to the league.

I thought the same thing. Would have been a walk in TD. Isn’t Jones a pretty good passer? I seem to remember something like that.

Sydla

Reaction score
The whole sequence was hilarious.

Pats don't put anyone back, leave a WR uncovered for an easy first down and we panic and take a delay of game penalty. Reset, Pats do pretty much the same thing with no one back, but this time the WR is covered and then we get an illegal motion penalty because we realize there are too many rushers for blockers on the punt with no one back despite the fact the Pats just lined up that way before the delay penalty.

That right there is just quintessential Cowboys football under this regime. Something as simple as punt blocking turned into a cluster-crap because Belichick did something unusual.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I have never seen a game where one team was so poorly coached on special teams and the other team was so prepared to make them pay for it. In all honesty, as unbelievable as it may seem, if it was not for some dumb luck our special teams play could have been even worse. They punked us big time. They play chess and we play checkers. Not even playing the same game.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
All you really need to know is that the special teams defense lined up with no returner AND no one covering the wing gunner who also happens to be a WR. It was a brain-dead gimme first down and probably TD provided V. Bryant could outrun Danny Woodhead who's on the other side of the field. Snap the ball throw a lob and a chimpanzee would score. Instead, we took a delay of game.
:clap::clap::clap:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
It’s just why he’s tops over all others. I love that about Bill....his out of box thinking. I remember the time he used all LBs as a defensive set....great stuff.