When the team has needed Quincy the most

Status
Not open for further replies.

supertitan17

Benched
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Panthers 2 years ago. Five minutes left and down by 13, 4th and quite a few and a clutch pass to Bryant. I'm thinking week 2 on Monday Night Football, about 12 seconds left and a clutch pass to Bryant. I'm thinking one of the most important games of the season against Carolina, when Bill Parcells couldn't run it more than 3 times because Hambrick was so bad. 44 passes and refs obviously being bribed by the Panthers, and Quincy kicks @$$!

Catch-22

Reaction score
supertitan17 said:
I'm thinking the Panthers 2 years ago. Five minutes left and down by 13, 4th and quite a few and a clutch pass to Bryant. I'm thinking week 2 on Monday Night Football, about 12 seconds left and a clutch pass to Bryant. I'm thinking one of the most important games of the season against Carolina, when Bill Parcells couldn't run it more than 3 times because Hambrick was so bad. 44 passes and refs obviously being bribed by the Panthers, and Quincy kicks @$$!

I was at that Carolina game, one of the greatest moments in my life when Bryant hauled in that past :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
supertitan17 said:
I guess last year against New Orleans last game of the season or Panthers in the playoffs are less important than that game. Not to mention the Miami and Philly games where we had a chance to wrap up our division.

Naw, I'm not with you on this one man.

How about those power RBs?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
That toss to AB was CLUTCH in 2002

That toss to AB Set up an unbelievable win versus Gints!

Anyone remember QC bowl game? its run on ESPN classics and he led a historic comeback!

inevadropit

Reaction score
NO game wasn't his fault, terry glenn slipped on the turf resulting in the INT

Miami won because the cowboys decided not to play defense that game, carter had clutch passes in that game, i rememeber a pretty big bomb to glenn on the run

Philly, I don't see a win vs the NFC champ runner ups, quincy got us in didn't he, yeah you can say the d did it all, but Q had some good games in there

supertitan17

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I guess last year against New Orleans last game of the season or Panthers in the playoffs are less important than that game. Not to mention the Miami and Philly games where we had a chance to wrap up our division.

Naw, I'm not with you on this one man.

How about those power RBs?

So I guess in the New Orleans game if Henson or someone else was at quarterback people would run on to the field with helmets on, or Woodson would make a tackle, or every other player would actually care even though the game meant nothing at all. So I guess if Carter wasn't playing quarterback against Miami or in the playoffs, the defense would have found a way to not give up 40 points. Carter sure did cause Newman and Edwards to slip every single play. Quincy didn't have his best game against Philly, he was a little too passive. If that's the worst game you have during the season, that's not too bad of a season.

One thing that would help Carter more than anything else is a good power RB.

blindzebra

Reaction score
supertitan17 said:

You forgot the SF game as a rookie, that gives you 4 bigtime games out of 33, you are right Q kicks arse 12 percent of the time!

supertitan17

Benched
Reaction score
Nors said:
Anyone remember QC bowl game? its run on ESPN classics and he led a historic comeback!

Yes I forgot about that, that was why I was actually kind of excited about the Quincy pick

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
supertitan17 said:
So I guess in the New Orleans game if Henson or someone else was at quarterback people would run on to the field with helmets on, or Woodson would make a tackle, or every other player would actually care even though the game meant nothing at all. So I guess if Carter wasn't playing quarterback against Miami or in the playoffs, the defense would have found a way to not give up 40 points. Carter sure did cause Newman and Edwards to slip every single play. Quincy didn't have his best game against Philly, he was a little too passive. If that's the worst game you have during the season, that's not too bad of a season.

One thing that would help Carter more than anything else is a good power RB.
Did I mention any other QB? Nope.

Did I say in the games I mentioned that he played badly? Nope again.

"When we have needed him most." Those were your words.

I think we needed him more in those games when we were trying to win our division and home field advantage in the playoffs than a meaningless game in a 5-11 season.

I'm picky that way.

supertitan17

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
You forgot the SF game as a rookie, that gives you 4 bigtime games out of 33, you are right Q kicks arse 12 percent of the time!

that was sweet too

so I guess a quarterback sucks if he doesn't have an unbelievable game every week

Chevyman08

Reaction score
he has failed. How about these games:

Atlanta
Buffalo ( Defense won that one)
Tampa Bay
New England
New Orleans
Miami
Philly #2
Carolina playoff game. Carter showed what he was truly made of. Loser.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
inevadropit said:
NO game wasn't his fault, terry glenn slipped on the turf resulting in the INT

Miami won because the cowboys decided not to play defense that game, carter had clutch passes in that game, i rememeber a pretty big bomb to glenn on the run

Philly, I don't see a win vs the NFC champ runner ups, quincy got us in didn't he, yeah you can say the d did it all, but Q had some good games in there
I didn't say anything was his fault.

He said, when we need him most. JMO, a 5-11 season isn't when we needed him most.

Also my opinion, in 2003 in the regular season game against those Panthers, that was his best game as a Pro.

ChrisFul

Benched
Reaction score
Chevyman08 said:

Atlanta
Tampa Bay
New England
New Orleans
Miami
Philly #2

Loser? Sheesh.

Looks like i was right, Hos. You might as well close this thread right now.

supertitan17

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Did I mention any other QB? Nope.

Did I say in the games I mentioned that he played badly? Nope again.

"When we have needed him most." Those were your words.

I think we needed him more in those games when we were trying to win our division and home field advantage inthe playoffs than a meaningless game in a 5-11 season.

I'm picky that way.

I guess you're right about my bad title, I meant to make it like "Quincy in the clutch", but that sounded boring

The game wasn't meaningless back then, it evened their record when some people projected them as a playoff team (hard to believe, yes, but I do remember Pete Prisco putting the Cowboys as a wild card team in TSN's NFL preview, and people agreed)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ChrisFul said:
Loser? Sheesh.

Looks like i was right, Hos. You might as well close this thread right now.
Both sides Chris. Criticize both sides man.

I'm going to watch it closely then probably move it to the Smack Talk forum unless it tones down.

blindzebra

Reaction score
supertitan17 said:
that was sweet too

so I guess a quarterback sucks if he doesn't have an unbelievable game every week

To put it in perspective Hutchinson had good games in both wins his rookie year
giving him 2 out of 9 or 22%.

Draw whatever conclusion you'd like from that fact.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
supertitan17 said:
I guess you're right about my bad title, I meant to make it like "Quincy in the clutch", but that sounded boring

The game wasn't meaningless back then, it evened their record when some people projected them as a playoff team (hard to believe, yes, but I do remember Pete Prisco putting the Cowboys as a wild card team in TSN's NFL preview, and people agreed)
Thank you for toning it down.

I said in a different post that I think his game in 2003 against the Panthers was a better game. His best game so far in fact.

He needs to do more of that.

supertitan17

Benched
Reaction score
Chevyman08 said:

Atlanta
Tampa Bay
New England
New Orleans
Miami
Philly #2

Miami 1
Philadelphia
NY Jets 1
Kansas City
Dallas
Houston
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Miami 2
New England 2

Bledsoe showed what he was truly made of. Loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.