When we sign free agents, we should be thankful!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For the last few weeks, we've been nothing but upset/confused/angry/abandoned the team before the season even starts with this team over not signing free agents. No we're not going to like some of the guys we'll bring in, but once again we've been upset all this time, let's try and look on the bright side! Please give your thoughts, no need to be in a panic etc, we will be just fine!
I'll be thankful when you stop posting recycled threads every 15 minutes.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Yes, there are a large segment of the fan base who complain and moan over everything they do and will never be happy but comparing this offseason to every other one is not apples to apples. The franchise is in a position they haven’t been in , in decades, 3 straight 12 win seasons and playoff appearances in a row, that’s not easy to do in the nfl.

The franchise instead of saying we need to be aggressive or acquire some impact free agents at a position of need so that we can close the gap has done the same thing that hasn’t worked for a long time but in particular and specifically the last 3 years. True, they never use free agency (again another reason why maybe a change in philosophy was needed) but they usually at least sign some of their own, they are letting people walk and they don’t know if their successor is on the team or can be suitably be replaced.

A step back…the fans have a right to be upset
they've always said you "can't build a team through free agency!" Well no duh!!! We're not trying to build the team, we're trying to get over the hump by adding a key piece or maybe 2, we don't have to get EVERY big name every off season

CowboysRule

Reaction score
they've always said you "can't build a team through free agency!" Well no duh!!! We're not trying to build the team, we're trying to get over the hump by adding a key piece or maybe 2, we don't have to get EVERY big name every off season
We don't have any money to sign key pieces. It's all tied up with the guy who is apparently a good leader. Sure we could extend him but then why sign anyone when you've just assured everyone you won't be winning regardless.

shabazz

Reaction score
I went to the hall of fame game in canton a few years ago when we played the steelers I think it was, they walked past me I was up front near the gate as the players were warming up, I made a video as they walked by saying "I love you I love you I love you I love you!" I showed it to my wife, let's just say my EYES are still in pain!!!! lol
Those gals have been the one consistent success within the Cowboys organization.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I had been there and saw Jerry walk past I would have flipped him the bird. Can't stand that pile of crap.
Jimmy Johnson would have winked at you and grinned as he and Jones were walking past together. :laugh:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We don't have any money to sign key pieces. It's all tied up with the guy who is apparently a good leader. Sure we could extend him but then why sign anyone when you've just assured everyone you won't be winning regardless.
lol good point

rambo2

Reaction score
I think its more of removing any expectations than panicking. They're going to suck, the owners are crap. No reason to panic or get excited.
It's sitting with an h on everything the team does because they lost the Packer game and Jerry said they are all in. That's what a lot are doing.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit I have become a Cowboys Grouch. That GB game and the lack of any fight plus the near 30 years of Clown Show has moved me into hating my favorite team because of the sheer stupidity and incompetence plus the dishonesty. Nobody mis-undertsood Jerry's "All-in" comment - he knew exactly how that would come across and he only said it because of that inexcusable GB game.

I'm not panicked, just angry.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Who's panicking ...? ...i think we all know they literally wait until those free agents are actually "free", not worth a dime. Bring them in.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We will start signing free agents after the draft. At that point it won't count against our future comp picks. Jerry loves his comp picks.

cristglo

Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit I have become a Cowboys Grouch. That GB game and the lack of any fight plus the near 30 years of Clown Show has moved me into hating my favorite team because of the sheer stupidity and incompetence plus the dishonesty. Nobody mis-undertsood Jerry's "All-in" comment - he knew exactly how that would come across and he only said it because of that inexcusable GB game.

I'm not panicked, just angry.
Thats how I feel, Jerry would have been better to keep his trap shut than to give us fans hope that we would finally do something. Thats the part that angers me he says one thing then does another and tries to spin it like thats not what he meant BS