When will Drew Carter be a free agent?

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
This guy seems to have been turning it on towards the end of the season and into the playoffs. Granted he benefits from the attention paid to Steve Smith, but I think he'd fit in nicely with our receiving corps.

parchy

Reaction score
I'd wait until he plays a full, solid season before becoming interested. He's got quite an injury history.

Ken

Reaction score
c0wb0y_m0nkey said:
This guy seems to have been turning it on towards the end of the season and into the playoffs. Granted he benefits from the attention paid to Steve Smith, but I think he'd fit in nicely with our receiving corps.
I agree, I like him too.

As long as we didn't have to break the bank for him, he clearly is a guy with upside.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He has only played two seasons so far. He will be a restricted free agent after this next season. He was a 5th round pick in 2004, the Cowboys took Bruce Thornton in the 4th that year and Sean Ryan in the 5th.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
He sucks. He has the dropsies and doesn't play with much heart. Not much different than he was in college.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Paniolo22 said:
He sucks. He has the dropsies and doesn't play with much heart. Not much different than he was in college.

I thought he had all world talent in college but was either hurt or afraid to get hurt.

Boils down to what you said...the heart factor just did not seem like it was there for him.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
What college did this guy go to, I don't remember hearing much out of him at the collegiate level.

Apparently, Ohio State. Though like you, I'd never heard of him in his college days.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Ohio St. does at have a pretty good pedigree when it comes to WR's so I don't know just yet.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
He went to Ohio St. and was never as good as he was supposed to be. With his size and speed, he should have dominated, but he would routinely get beat by smaller and less skilled corners, ESPECIALLY if they were fiesty. No heart. Nuf said.