When you know you can win the game, and then don't

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Messages
34,536
Reaction score
23,681
For me, did I know we could win the game before the game started?
Well, if I knew that I’d be rich, cause I would gamble
But I knew we could win the game once the game started
And I think that’s why there’s so many frustrated fans
You don’t mind losing, because you don’t have the talent on the field, the players
Well, I’m not sure that’s true either but for my point, let’s just assume that that’s right

But when you’re lose a game that you could’ve won that you had in hand because of stupidity, and then nothing’s done about it
Or even contemplated to do something about it by the front office
Yeah, I’m more than upset,
If I was a player, I’m not sure I’d wanna put everything. I had my body on the line for the next game, for stupidity.
OK, I vented, damn and I wasn’t going to

Everybody has their favorite player to blame disrespect
Well, there were a lot of players that did the wrong thing in this game
But we still had an opportunity, at the end, to win
And when you’re head coach ,screws up and loses the game, that’s the ultimate goodbye, no excuse
 
Last edited:
For me, did I know we could win the game before the game started?
Well, if I knew that I’d be rich, cause I would gamble
But I knew we could win the game once the game started
And I think that’s why there’s so many frustrated fans
You don’t mind losing, because you don’t have the talent on the field, the players
Well, I’m not sure that’s true either but for my point, let’s just assume that that’s right

But when you’re lose a game that you could’ve won that you had in hand because of stupidity, and then nothing’s done about it
Or even contemplated to do something about it by the front office
Yeah, I’m more than upset,
If I was a player, I’m not sure I’d wanna put everything. I had my body on the line for the next game, for stupidity.
OK, I vented, damn and I wasn’t going to

Everybody has their favorite player to blame disrespect
Well, there were a lot of players that did the wrong thing in this game
But we still had an opportunity, at the end, to win
And when you’re head coach ,screws up and loses the game, that’s the ultimate goodbye, no excuse
That's a great post brother and sums up how a lot of people feel I believe.

Don't think anybody would have had a problem if we were out played on the field and just beaten because we lacked talent.

But that wasn't the case at all our players were plenty talented enough to win.

We lack the coaching to get it done and this is where the train comes off the tracks when players see that they are that poorly coached they won't put their bodies on the line.

Give it to Jerry he has assembled a pretty good roster he is thrown some money at it and is continuing to do it he's thrown resources.

Unfortunately he is still a piece of the puzzle short.

Jerry has to have a coach that makes him comfortable that doesn't threaten his ego and those guys usually are not the most talented and that's what we have here.

When Jerry makes it a priority to get the most talented coach and forsake his own comfort and ego then we can actually make strides towards a championship

Scared coaches like schottenheimer are a dime a dozen and discarded quickly once their true colors show.
 
That had to be a long flight back to Texas players sitting there for hours contemplating how bad they were coached and their futures.

Then later having your coach say he hopes your quarterback trust him that he's made a lot of good decisions.
In his short career as a head coach how many good decisions could he possibly have made and that's what he's paid to do make good decisions because once you make one as bad as he made the other day it follows you forever.

Just ask Tony Romo with the bobble snap or Jackie Smith with the drop in The end zone Jason Garrett icing his kicker.
 
We would be more confident if we had a better commander in chief!!
We are called haters but this fan base suffers through all Jerry's idiosyncrasies.

First his desire to work with his family which basically says the team has to be constructed by unqualified people forever.

If that doesn't handcuff a team enough we have to suffer through the fact that Jerry's comfort is the total priority.

When Hiring the coach it's all about Jerry's comfort we can't have too strong a personality too popular an individual they can't want too much control

They can't take the spotlight off of Jerry they can't want any credit for what they do.

In short it usually means that they are going to be less talented less qualified and somebody the rest of the league doesn't really want
 
That's a great post brother and sums up how a lot of people feel I believe.

Don't think anybody would have had a problem if we were out played on the field and just beaten because we lacked talent.

But that wasn't the case at all our players were plenty talented enough to win.

We lack the coaching to get it done and this is where the train comes off the tracks when players see that they are that poorly coached they won't put their bodies on the line.

Give it to Jerry he has assembled a pretty good roster he is thrown some money at it and is continuing to do it he's thrown resources.

Unfortunately he is still a piece of the puzzle short.

Jerry has to have a coach that makes him comfortable that doesn't threaten his ego and those guys usually are not the most talented and that's what we have here.

When Jerry makes it a priority to get the most talented coach and forsake his own comfort and ego then we can actually make strides towards a championship

Scared coaches like schottenheimer are a dime a dozen and discarded quickly once their true colors show.
I actually think you said it better
 
That's a great post brother and sums up how a lot of people feel I believe.

Don't think anybody would have had a problem if we were out played on the field and just beaten because we lacked talent.

But that wasn't the case at all our players were plenty talented enough to win.

We lack the coaching to get it done and this is where the train comes off the tracks when players see that they are that poorly coached they won't put their bodies on the line.

Give it to Jerry he has assembled a pretty good roster he is thrown some money at it and is continuing to do it he's thrown resources.

Unfortunately he is still a piece of the puzzle short.

Jerry has to have a coach that makes him comfortable that doesn't threaten his ego and those guys usually are not the most talented and that's what we have here.

When Jerry makes it a priority to get the most talented coach and forsake his own comfort and ego then we can actually make strides towards a championship

Scared coaches like schottenheimer are a dime a dozen and discarded quickly once their true colors show.
It's hard to say they would feel like they are poorly coached. I mean, Schotty has had a top offense both years. And the scheme is better than during Mike Mc. So, he made an in-game mistake. That's different than "can't coach." Make three more, then maybe.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,017
Messages
14,657,309
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top