When you know you can win the game, and then don't

For me, did I know we could win the game before the game started?
Well, if I knew that I’d be rich, cause I would gamble
But I knew we could win the game once the game started
And I think that’s why there’s so many frustrated fans
You don’t mind losing, because you don’t have the talent on the field, the players
Well, I’m not sure that’s true either but for my point, let’s just assume that that’s right

But when you’re lose a game that you could’ve won that you had in hand because of stupidity, and then nothing’s done about it
Or even contemplated to do something about it by the front office
Yeah, I’m more than upset,
If I was a player, I’m not sure I’d wanna put everything. I had my body on the line for the next game, for stupidity.
OK, I vented, damn and I wasn’t going to

Everybody has their favorite player to blame disrespect
Well, there were a lot of players that did the wrong thing in this game
But we still had an opportunity, at the end, to win
And when you’re head coach ,screws up and loses the game, that’s the ultimate goodbye, no excuse
People are mad that they barely lost to the Ravens.

I'm impressed that they didn't give up a combined 600 yards rushing to that QB / RB combo. It's the Cowboys double weak link...Best Running QB and Beast of a RB.
 
We've watched Dak over a decade. When are people going to finally see that when it comes to crunch time, we lose. You can point to all of the 4th quarter comebacks that you want, but that just means we got a lead anytime in the 4th. It means nothing. What happens in crunch time under two minutes to win the game? We usually lose. When was the last time Dak brought us back in a 2 minute drive to win the game? Against Pittsburgh about 3 years ago. Before that, you'd have to go back to 2016!!!
 
If I’m dak and I’m on the goal line I’m calling my own play
That's what I don't get. Why blame just Schotty?

If you do blame the HC, that means Dak does not have the ability to take command of the play on the field as it happens.

Not exactly elite if you're just a robot. An elite accurate QB would have thrown it to or just outside the pylon. That satisfies both requirements...make a play and 'obey the coach".

"Coach I DID throw it away. GP is just that good!"

:laugh:
 
People are mad that they barely lost to the Ravens.

I'm impressed that they didn't give up a combined 600 yards rushing to that QB / RB combo. It's the Cowboys double weak link...Best Running QB and Beast of a RB.
That's what I think. Despite the numbers...the defense played way better than expected. They uncharacteristically gave Dak and the offense several chances to score TDs and they failed...and some people still lay all blame on defense.

Insane.
 
That's a great post brother and sums up how a lot of people feel I believe.

Don't think anybody would have had a problem if we were out played on the field and just beaten because we lacked talent.

But that wasn't the case at all our players were plenty talented enough to win.

We lack the coaching to get it done and this is where the train comes off the tracks when players see that they are that poorly coached they won't put their bodies on the line.

Give it to Jerry he has assembled a pretty good roster he is thrown some money at it and is continuing to do it he's thrown resources.

Unfortunately he is still a piece of the puzzle short.

Jerry has to have a coach that makes him comfortable that doesn't threaten his ego and those guys usually are not the most talented and that's what we have here.

When Jerry makes it a priority to get the most talented coach and forsake his own comfort and ego then we can actually make strides towards a championship

Scared coaches like schottenheimer are a dime a dozen and discarded quickly once their true colors show.
so what head coach would you have hired at that time??
 
That's what I don't get. Why blame just Schotty?

If you do blame the HC, that means Dak does not have the ability to take command of the play on the field as it happens.

Not exactly elite if you're just a robot. An elite accurate QB would have thrown it to or just outside the pylon. That satisfies both requirements...make a play and 'obey the coach".

"Coach I DID throw it away. GP is just that good!"

:laugh:
yeah and also gp was not open when dak threw the ball, he pushed off to get open so it would likely have been a penalty.
People make these statements without even looking at the real facts.
 
Yes....those last few seconds, will haunt him. Will the team fight for him and win the East, which is very doable, or will we go through the motions and not make the playoffs?
This same groundhog day scenario every year. Followed by the amnesia in the summer. And the false hope in the spring. Rinse and repeat as needed.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,048
Messages
14,659,451
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top