When you think of the WFT, what makes you concerned?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Playing in Washington where their D always seems to show up. Even in the 70s, 80s and 90s playing in Washington was a task

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m looking at some stats and here’s what stood out to me…

Points for:
Dallas - 353
WFT- 246

Points Against:
Dallas - 267
WFT - 297

We out score this team by 8+ points per game and we’ve played virtually the same opponents, we also have given up 2.5 points per game less than that ‘vaunted’ WFT defense that was supposedly a top 5 defense coming into this season. Oh and by the way they lost their best player (Chase Young) for the season.

Give them the +3 points for home field advantage. Give them the guaranteed Greg Zuerlin missed FG that will cost us 3 points, and give them the ‘nfl refs hate the cowboys’ 3 points advantage.

That’s 9 points. We average +10.5 points per game more than the WFT, so subtract 9 from 10.5 and we should win this game by 1 point (1.5 if you want to be technical). I have the Cowboys at -1.5 favorites, and ‘Vegas’ has the Cowboys as -4.5 favorites but they either didn’t factor in the missed Zuerlin FG (or 3 extra points), or the typical referee bull crap.

Cowboys 21
WFT 20

If we win we’ll have a 3.5 game division lead with 4 games to go, and that guarantees us at least a home playoff game in the 1st round. HOWEVER, if we lose - we only have a 1 game division lead (because we lose the tie breaker over Washington if they beat us twice and we end up with the same record + our record will be 8-5 and the WFT will be 7-6). They would control their own destiny.

In other words, this is a HUGE freakin game.

Antonio Gibson

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So giving up 500+ yards and 36 points to Derek Carr's Raiders doesn't concern you? Washington held them to 15 points last week.

The blind spot this fan base has developed toward defense is just weird.

Did you watch the defense last week? Looks like you didnt. Do you know how to read an injury report? I guess not. We are getting Gregory and Gallimore back today. Lawrence was amazing last week in his return.

The blind spot that guys you have developed about the defense is weird.

Injuries count

TheHerd

Reaction score
Then stop holding. Pretty simple.
What's holding? If the calls against the Boys have been legit, watch what happens to Parsons every time he rushes the passer. If those plays aren't holding, it's pretty hard to argue that the Cowboys linemen are holding.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What's holding? If the calls against the Boys have been legit, watch what happens to Parsons every time he rushes the passer. If those plays aren't holding, it's pretty hard to argue that the Cowboys linemen are holding.

There is no Cowboys bias.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let the D line do the pass-rushing. Parsons needs to be given one assignment...contain Antonio Gibson. Spy on him and don't let him get out of control. Gibson is the type of RB that can take over a game and he is now healthy.
he needs more then one job bro..of course part of it is the RB but also the qb not breaking contain and running when our pass rush moves him..MP wont be an issue who are the other defenders stepping up? that Denver game they ran all over us to the edges..need to make sure that doesn't happen is TEA<M effort..go tackle stop raking at the ball with teh runner still running.

ultron

Reaction score

Points for:
Dallas - 353
WFT- 246

Points Against:
Dallas - 267
WFT - 297

We out score this team by 8+ points per game and we’ve played virtually the same opponents, we also have given up 2.5 points per game less than that ‘vaunted’ WFT defense that was supposedly a top 5 defense coming into this season. Oh and by the way they lost their best player (Chase Young) for the season.

Give them the +3 points for home field advantage. Give them the guaranteed Greg Zuerlin missed FG that will cost us 3 points, and give them the ‘nfl refs hate the cowboys’ 3 points advantage.

That’s 9 points. We average +10.5 points per game more than the WFT, so subtract 9 from 10.5 and we should win this game by 1 point (1.5 if you want to be technical). I have the Cowboys at -1.5 favorites, and ‘Vegas’ has the Cowboys as -4.5 favorites but they either didn’t factor in the missed Zuerlin FG (or 3 extra points), or the typical referee bull crap.

Cowboys 21
WFT 20

If we win we’ll have a 3.5 game division lead with 4 games to go, and that guarantees us at least a home playoff game in the 1st round. HOWEVER, if we lose - we only have a 1 game division lead (because we lose the tie breaker over Washington if they beat us twice and we end up with the same record + our record will be 8-5 and the WFT will be 7-6). They would control their own destiny.

I almost nailed it - I said 21 to 20 Dallas and they won 27-20 because Zuerlin didn’t miss a FG and the refs didn’t royally screw us over!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So giving up 500+ yards and 36 points to Derek Carr's Raiders doesn't concern you? Washington held them to 15 points last week.

The blind spot this fan base has developed toward defense is just weird.

Or maybe it was 1 game and our defense is pretty good.

Now our offense? It would be nice if our offense could help our defense instead of a defense with way less resources used on it out performing high paid players on offense.

visionary

Reaction score

Points for:
Dallas - 353
WFT- 246

Points Against:
Dallas - 267
WFT - 297

Cowboys 21
WFT 20

Dak, I’m mostly concerned about Dak

he tried his best to lose but it wasn’t enough