Where do we go from here

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Don't worry. One day the Cowboys will start winning again, and all the bandwagoneers will be back.

Hope is not a strategy. The Jones boys have been running the show and that won't change even when Jerry is gone.

People under the age of 30 have no memory of the Cowboys playing in a Super Bowl, so what bandwagon are you talking about?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yesterday’s loss hurt really bad for many, we had everything setup, we’re picked to win, national stage....and got embarrassed

Many young fans are going to remember screaming at the tv and have a negative view...we’re losing a generation of cowboys fans here.

What’s next? Hope for losses? Hope for competitive games? Hope for wins? Feels like we have 5 games that can’t end soon enough.

luckily my kids are 6 4 and 4 months so they can be swayed by jerseys and good food....but for those of you with kids in the 10s to teens what are you doing to keep them engaged?

what’s next? As fans do we give up on this year and look to next) is there even a next to be excited about or are we too far out.

More losses hopefully. Personally I had a ball yesterday.

But hell yah there is tons to be excited about. I mean.............I have to really question your ability to analyze football if you really thought we had a shot this year or if you cant properly analyze that injuries have destroyed this team. If you sit there watching 2nd and 3rd stringers and in some cases 4th stringers and think that this is really what our team looks like, then you might as well just hang it up.

Did you miss all the injuries this year including Dak? My god we had two starters injured on the line yesterday alone.

Flamma

Reaction score
I heard Zach Martin is out for at least a month? Good luck Andy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hope is not a strategy. The Jones boys have been running the show and that won't change even when Jerry is gone.

People under the age of 30 don't even remember the Cowboys playing in a Super Bowl, so what bandwagon are you talking about anyway?
I see your point, but by "bandwagoneers", I'm just referring to the people who decide to root for a different team because the team they hitched their wagons to isn't winning. I know, technically it only half qualifies as a bandwagon, since they didn't start rooting for a team because they were winning, but on the other hand, if they come back when Dallas does start winning, then that would fulfill the criteria.

Jipper

Reaction score
More losses hopefully. Personally I had a ball yesterday.

But hell yah there is tons to be excited about. I mean.............I have to really question your ability to analyze football if you really thought we had a shot this year or if you cant properly analyze that injuries have destroyed this team. If you sit there watching 2nd and 3rd stringers and in some cases 4th stringers and think that this is really what our team looks like, then you might as well just hang it up.

Did you miss all the injuries this year including Dak? My god we had two starters injured on the line yesterday alone.

nah I was good with where we were and understand the injury situation

my issue was with the 41 points the defense gave up...that’s a lay down at home on a holiday in prime time and really really embarrassing

I didn’t expect a super bowl but had hopes we could pull stuff together and win the nfce and at least have something to cheer.

yesterday was worse then I could have imagined

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When you're in the basement there is nowhere to go but up. It gives us a great draft pick which we should fill with our biggest need, not QB. We can either get one great talent with that pick or trade it for several.

yentl911

Reaction score
Actually the drafting has been very good these past years. There's a lot of talent on that team. As far as the defense, the squad is built to play a 4-3 scheme and McCarthy and Nolan are not allowing them to play to their truest potential by keep dropping them into a 3-4 for which we have the wrong type DB's to play man for man down the field. And I've seen quite a bit of old Pop Warner 5-2 schemes... I mean... really? The O line is decimated, one of the best QB's is out and will have to learn to stand in the pocket and read defenses faster than when he rolls out to buy time. But, I think Dak can do it. And the running game is far too underutilized. For me it all comes down to extremely poor coaching from relics of the past. Draft that big tackle from Oregon(?) and then defense up the middle. But get a coach who can kick some tail on the practice field. Time to look again to the college ranks like we did with Jimmy Johnson because this team has quit on McCarthy's Maroons. McCarthy is the biggest bust in the past so many years, he makes Garrett look like a genius. And... I'd rehire Marc Colombo to coach the O-Line.
Damn good post

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yesterday’s loss hurt really bad for many, we had everything setup, we’re picked to win, national stage....and got embarrassed

Many young fans are going to remember screaming at the tv and have a negative view...we’re losing a generation of cowboys fans here.

What’s next? Hope for losses? Hope for competitive games? Hope for wins? Feels like we have 5 games that can’t end soon enough.

luckily my kids are 6 4 and 4 months so they can be swayed by jerseys and good food....but for those of you with kids in the 10s to teens what are you doing to keep them engaged?

what’s next? As fans do we give up on this year and look to next) is there even a next to be excited about or are we too far out.

Super Bowl winner this year will have asterisk due to Covid.

Covid
Covid
Covid

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
nah I was good with where we were and understand the injury situation

my issue was with the 41 points the defense gave up...that’s a lay down at home on a holiday in prime time and really really embarrassing

I didn’t expect a super bowl but had hopes we could pull stuff together and win the nfce and at least have something to cheer.

yesterday was worse then I could have imagined

Then the fault lies in your false hopes. You incorrectly assessed what this mash unit was capable of. Its not like you didnt have fair warning. Through the first 5 weeks we were the worst defense in NFL history. Hell the Commanders did this to us a few weeks ago. This is like the 3rd or 4th 40 point game this season on us.

Dalton? You didnt get fair warning? 8 years in the NFL then 3 prior games as a cowboy THIS year.

Then I think you probably completely underestimated that the Commanders are an up and coming team. Very very good young defense, good running game and Alex Smith has now settled in after 3 or 4 starts and has sored up the biggest weakness on the team for years.

Once our two tackles including Martin went out on the first drive that should have been ANOTHER big alarm going off in your head. It was essentially completely over after that considering how good that Dline is.

It seems the guys that are the most pissed are the ones that seem to have been the most mistaken.

Jipper

Reaction score
Then the fault lies in your false hopes. You incorrectly assessed what this mash unit was capable of. Its not like you didnt have fair warning. Through the first 5 weeks we were the worst defense in NFL history. Hell the Commanders did this to us a few weeks ago. This is like the 3rd or 4th 40 point game this season on us.

Dalton? You didnt get fair warning? 8 years in the NFL then 3 prior games as a cowboy THIS year.

Then I think you probably completely underestimated that the Commanders are an up and coming team. Very very good young defense, good running game and Alex Smith has now settled in after 3 or 4 starts and has sored up the biggest weakness on the team for years.

Once our two tackles including Martin went out on the first drive that should have been ANOTHER big alarm going off in your head. It was essentially completely over after that considering how good that Dline is.

It seems the guys that are the most pissed are the ones that seem to have been the most mistaken.

I didn’t have false hopes after watching this team, it was more so after week 11 there was a level set with how everyone was playing

And yes the Commanders have a good defense but their offense is garbage....and yeah everything changed after wr lost the olmen in the first series...I get it, not my first rodeo

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I do what got us here in the first place, draft OL and go with the best defense is a good offense mentality.