Where do you see Belichick landing?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I think in a perfect world, he would like to go back to the Giants, but if I had to predict which of the current openings he will likely go to, I'll say

Atlanta Falcons

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great question.

I don't know.

If he wants control over personnel also (de facto GM) I wouldn't want him.

No doubt he can still coach at a high level, but his ability to choose personnel and be the final decision maker on draft picks is quite honestly poor. It has been years since the Patriots have had a draft pick from rounds 1, 2 or 3 be signed to a 2nd contract. He's lousy when it comes to that part of the business.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Retirement
I don't see another NFL organization giving him total control, especially not at age 71.
You'd have to be either nuts or desperate to give him total control... And not necessarily due to the age, but because he's not very good when he has total control over the roster.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think in a perfect world, he would like to go back to the Giants, but if I had to predict which of the current openings he will likely go to, I'll say

Atlanta Falcons
He won’t last long with the Giants with their QB situation. Barkley isn’t likely to be back. He’ll never win without a great QB. The Chargers have the best QB situation but Herbert is struggling to win games. At his age Belichick would be better off in the FO.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I doubt this is how BBs mind works, but at his age I would think he waits to see if a job like Philly opens ups. There he would have a roster that is still in the window to compete for the next couple of years. I just dont think he has time left to have 1-2 down years for a rebuild.

John813

Reaction score
IMO he would want to go to a place that has a legit QB and a roster that isn't in shambles.

Not sure if he would move to LA, but the Chargers fit that bill. Would also bring in some hype for a team that is like 4-6th place in LA

CowboyChris

Reaction score
He won’t last long with the Giants with their QB situation. Barkley isn’t likely to be back. He’ll never win without a great QB. The Chargers have the best QB situation but Herbert is struggling to win games. At his age Belichick would be better off in the FO.
so your saying BB will not coach again?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Belichick is a guy who needs to have a lot of control. The Patriot Way is a dictatorial one, and he hasn't compromised with anyone in the last 20 years.

I can't see him getting that level of control after his last 10 or so drafts all flamed out. He would be married to a GM he most likely doesn't agree with, who just hands him players and tells him to make the best of them. BB can still call a defense on par with anyone, but he would be a glorified DC in his new team, and I don't think he's ready for that after being Emperor for so long.

Last edited:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Belichick is a guy who needs to have a lot of control. The Patriot Way is a dictatorial one, and he hasn't compromised with anyone in 20 years.

I can't see him getting that level of control after his last 10 or so drafts all flamed out. He would be married to a GM he most likely doesn't agree with, who just hands him players and tells him to make the best of them. BB can still call a defense on par with anyone, but he would be a glorified DC in his new team, and I don't think he's ready for that after being Emperor for so long.
another poster who thinks BB won't coach again

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You'd have to be either nuts or desperate to give him total control... And not necessarily due to the age, but because he's not very good when he has total control over the roster.
Age is a factor if you're considering how long he's going to be with your franchise and relinquishing that much control to someone who may not have a long time with your franchise.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
His press conference he said "I look forward to coming back here"...sure sounded like as the coach for another team.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Age is a factor if you're considering how long he's going to be with your franchise and relinquishing that much control to someone who may not have a long time with your franchise.
To some extend yeah... But what percentage of franchises have long-term situation like that? Some yeah, like Pittsburgh, KC and a few others. But for the most part teams are changing over their coaches/GM's at a rapid rate.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think his "Front Office" skills are the weakest part of his game.

I think he can coach better than he can handle/work in the front office.