Where does Dak rank among all time Cowboy great QBs?

starfan1

Reaction score
I believe that the cowboys have been blessed to have good number of quality QB's
Staubach
Aikman
White
Romo
Dak
Meredith

I dont remember alot of Dandy Dons game so maybe Im not being fair with him.I also seen no Eddie Lebaron's games. It pains me to put Romo ahead of Dak but I will. Dak can change that in February.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Way too early for this conversation. You can’t really compare a player in the middle of his career with others that have finished their careers. I would imagine if you just looked at stats for each players first 6 seasons, Dak would probably be ahead of them all. But you can’t just look at stats alone, especially across different eras. Let’s just say I’m pretty satisfied with where we are QB wise.

Brax

Reaction score
He doesn't have to win anything. What did Aikman win? Because if I recall correctly he was on a team full of Hall of Famers so let's not act like "he" won a SB by himself.
This is really pathetic, what did he win, LMAO.........

blueblood70

Reaction score
Roger Staubach
Troy Aikman
Tony Romo
Danny White
Jason Garrett (lul)
Cooper Rush (lul)

Is it too early to have this conversation? Did Fanbuzz nail it? I, personally, see Dak finishing his career on the upper half of said list.

Most will know why I included Garrett and Rush on the list... Purely for laughs but there was another reason too.
got dak 4th right now

1 Roger Staubach
2 Troy Aikman
t3 Tony Romo
t3 Dak Prescott
t3 Danny White

but really one could argue romo, white or dak could be #3, its arguable and hard to leave one out..so a coin flip

Brax

Reaction score
Well...what did HE win...let's see if you can catch on to what i'm asking.....
I got you it's not the QB unless it's Dak right. DC QB's greats are based on what they did:
Staubach
Aikman
Meredith
White
Morton

Dak's not even in the conversation YET, see if you catch on what I mean....

kskboys

Reaction score
got dak 4th right now

1 Roger Staubach
2 Troy Aikman
t3 Tony Romo
t3 Dak Prescott
t3 Danny White

but really one could argue romo, white or dak could be #3, its arguable and hard to leave one out..so a coin flip
Meredith is 3rd.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Meredith is 3rd.

I have him as a tossup with White.. What did have greater playoff success getting to the NFC Championship three straight years and one other playoff appearance in '85.. People forget though that Dandy Don had the Cowboys in the "NFL Championship" game two years in a row in '66 and '67 and very likely could have won the first two Super Bowls if they could have gotten past the Packers.. easier said than done I know..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I got you it's not the QB unless it's Dak right. DC QB's greats are based on what they did:
Staubach
Aikman
Meredith
White
Morton

Dak's not even in the conversation YET, see if you catch on what I mean....
Now where the hell did I say its not about the QB unless its Dak? Are you doped up? Y'all stay saying stupid **** on this site man.......damn......

RaZon

Reaction score
Staubach
Aikman
Dak
Romo
Meredith
Lebaron
White

Do think Dak can surpass Aikman, nobody will ever replace Staubach just won't happen.

Brax

Reaction score
Now where the hell did I say its not about the QB unless its Dak? Are you doped up? Y'all stay saying stupid **** on this site man.......damn......
You are too funny and love your sad reply with no answer as usual. Yes TA won nothing, we know who’s high and is doped up and repeatedly posting stupid, try posting when you’re sober.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Until Dak has concluded his career, I think it's unfair to him to be asking this question. As of right now, he's surpassed Romo but is still behind our SB-winning QBs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are too funny and love your sad reply with no answer as usual. Yes TA won nothing, we know who’s high and is doped up and repeatedly posting stupid, try posting when you’re sober.
Another great contribution by the resident mouth breather….you want to contribute something else for a change?

Qcard

Reaction score
Roger Staubach
Troy Aikman
Tony Romo
Danny White
Jason Garrett (lul)
Cooper Rush (lul)

Is it too early to have this conversation? Did Fanbuzz nail it? I, personally, see Dak finishing his career on the upper half of said list.

Most will know why I included Garrett and Rush on the list... Purely for laughs but there was another reason too.
There are only 2 Great Cowboy QBs

Roger and Troy...the Standard for Cowboy History is a Superbowl Win Probably need 2 to really cement the Great tag.

This thread is a product of 25 years of futility.

I like Dak but it's NFCC or bust this Year...that is only worth rivaling White and Meredith....

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s not too early to put him WELL in front of Danny White. Not sure why you have Romo after White.

And why does Dak have to get to an NFCCG to pass Romo? How many did Romo go to?

No comment on Meredith. I don’t want to trigger anyone.
Well I was basing it on achievement only, you cant compare stats or athletic ability of today's players with players from those past eras.
Too many rule changes ,and other changes allow for greater stats for today's players.

White got to 1 champ game maybe 2 not sure though, so I ranked him above dak and romo.
Don got to 2 champ games and lost to GB who was by far the best team of that era, and they had the best HC of that era. No one beat them.
And then there was the ice bowl, and I cant imagine even playing in that thing. Cowboys didnt even take any cold weather gear, they had to buy some
locally, and it wasnt anywhere near the quality of what they have today. And I think what they bought was just gloves ,I dont know if they got any thermal und.
I have been in 13 degree weather with wind ,and 0 degree with no wind, and that was cold! so -13 with wind for 3 hours, is hard to know what that was like.

Romo and dak are the same in that they havent got past the div round , so for dak to pass romo he needs to get past that round which will mean
he will get to the champ game.
This could be the year Dak gets past div round,but we have to wait and see.

Brax

Reaction score
Another great contribution by the resident mouth breather….you want to contribute something else for a change?
Like I have said, let's wait awhile but you have Dak as a legend already in your mind hence the reason for your childish outbursts. Dak has a big big hill to climb to even be considered for the list and yes QB's do win.