Where does Reggie Bush end up?

joseephuss

Reaction score
How talented is this guy? Or should I say, wow this guy is talented. Certainly one of the best in college football. How does that relate to the NFL?

Is he an every down back? Can he be a guy that comes in and carry it 15 times a game? Can he pound it between the tackles when a team has to rely on controlling the clock?

Or is he a share the backfield guy like he currently is at USC or like Warrick Dunn in Atlanta? Someone who splits carries depending on the field position or the type of defense the opposition is facing.

Is he a Westbrook type? Primarily 3rd down back with expanded duties.

Is he really worth a top five pick? Dominating in college is not the same is dominating in the pros. I watch the guy and my jaw just drops. Every time he touches the ball, I wonder if it is going to be a big play. I just don't know how he translates to the NFL.

Return man. Yes. Should do well.

Every down back. I have concerns. He already has some durability concerns. I could be wrong. It would be the first time.

If he is not an every down back, then does he drop. I just can't rate guys that high that aren't expected to contribute a large portion of the time. I look at Philly and Westbrook. He certainly is dynamic and a key to their offense, yet he is not a full time running back and that is why they won't pay him. Bush remind me of Westbrook, but better.

I would love Reggie Bush as a Dallas Cowboy. I just don't know if he is worth a top 5 pick Maybe I just need more information. Or I need to put the bottle of Tequila down.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I look at Reggie Bush and I compare him to Priest Holmes or a young Marshall Faulk. I think he can be an every down back but I'm not certain he can be a pound it between the tackles back. He's what, 6 ft or so? He's 200/210? I think he will grow into the frame but his asset is quickness. He could be devistating if he played in a Rams type offense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Reggie Bush is a big time playmaker and should be 1st or 2nd overall pick in the draft.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I think Reggie Bush is a big time playmaker and should be 1st or 2nd overall pick in the draft.

I would not take him that high but then again, I'm not getting paid to evaluate anything. LOL....

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Right now, if I had the first pick, I think I'd have to take Bush.

He's the one player out there who seems to be worth it.

It's up to the coaches to find a role for this playmaker.

jbsg02

Reaction score
He's incredible. Averages over 8 yards a carry, if I'm not mistaken. Def a top 5 pick

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I would not take him that high but then again, I'm not getting paid to evaluate anything. LOL....

You may not but I think the guy is highly explosive and I'll go out on a limb right now and say he goes 1 or 2 in the draft. I'm not a USC fan but have seen many of their games and this guy can flat out play and his running reminds me of runners like OJ Simpson and Gail Sayers.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
He should be the #1 pick in the draft. He's way too explosive and versatile to not be the #1 pick.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
You may not but I think the guy is highly explosive and I'll go out on a limb right now and say he goes 1 or 2 in the draft. I'm not a USC fan but have seen many of their games and this guy can flat out play and his running reminds me of runners like OJ Simpson and Gail Sayers.

Houston, SF or GB, at this point. If I'm Houston, I don't know how you could take him. I think they either have to go QB or OL. I'd probably go OL. If your GB, it's a possability. I don't know, I think they need everything. If your SF, that could be a really interesting pick. Now Arizona, that might be a real interesting fit for Bush, as well. I guess we'll have to see.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Houston, SF or GB, at this point. If I'm Houston, I don't know how you could take him. I think they either have to go QB or OL. I'd probably go OL. If your GB, it's a possability. I don't know, I think they need everything. If your SF, that could be a really interesting pick. Now Arizona, that might be a real interesting fit for Bush, as well. I guess we'll have to see.

I would not use a 1st overall to take any lineman I think 1st rd picks should be used on impact players because there are fewer of them that OL

joseephuss

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

Arizona could be a great fit. If they think McKown is the answer at QB, then they should grab Reggie.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I would not use a 1st overall to take any lineman I think 1st rd picks should be used on impact players because there are fewer of them that OL

Personally, I think LT is an impact position but I understand the other school of thought. In Houston's situation, I think they desepratly need OL help. In fact, were I them, I would probably think about trading down and trying to pick up more picks. At this point, there well on there way to ruining one Franchise QB. Drafting another without fixing the problem is an excercise in futility, to me.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Arizona could be a great fit. If they think McKown is the answer at QB, then they should grab Reggie.

I would not be surprised to see Arizona try and work out a trade with the Vikes for Culpepper. If they can work something out that allows them to keep there #1, I think that would work out well for them.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Personally, I think LT is an impact position but I understand the other school of thought. In Houston's situation, I think they desepratly need OL help. In fact, were I them, I would probably think about trading down and trying to pick up more picks. At this point, there well on there way to ruining one Franchise QB. Drafting another without fixing the problem is an excercise in futility, to me.

I agree with you on Houston, they have a lot of problems and 1 top pick is not going to change that. I would do the same and trade the pick for multiple picks in the 1st and 2nd rd and address the O-line. I also don’t think Houston will have a problem with finding a team who wants to work a trade in the draft because of Bush and Linart

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I agree with you on Houston, they have a lot of problems and 1 top pick is not going to change that. I would do the same and trade the pick for multiple picks in the 1st and 2nd rd and address the O-line. I also don’t think Houston will have a problem with finding a team who wants to work a trade in the draft because of Bush and Linart

Houston will owe Carr an $8 million dollar bonus for next year. Is he the answer or do they start fresh? I think he will be gun shy if he stays in Houston. He could benefit from a change of scenery.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:

Tennesse might be an interested party. I'll tell you though, I'm not certain that Lienart will be one of the top 5 picks. I mean, I know this is going to probably kick over a can, but I look at that guy and I don't see the prototypical physical attributes of a Carson Palmer or the like. I think he'll be a first round pick, but maybe not top 5.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Houston will owe Carr an $8 million dollar bonus for next year. Is he the answer or do they start fresh? I think he will be gun shy if he stays in Houston. He could benefit from a change of scenery.

I agree with your opinion on change of scenery but I would not say he's gun shy. I watch him and if anything, I think he holds the ball too long. I think that kid is tough as nails and I believe that if given a decent opportunity, he could be great. If he became available, I would be all over him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Tennesse might be an interested party. I'll tell you though, I'm not certain that Lienart will be one of the top 5 picks. I mean, I know this is going to probably kick over a can, but I look at that guy and I don't see the prototypical physical attributes of a Carson Palmer or the like. I think he'll be a first round pick, but maybe not top 5.

I think both Bush and Lienart go in the top 5 of next years draft.