Where does Reggie Bush end up?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I think if you're Houston you either trade down or take the BPA. If an offensive lineman is rated almost as high as BUsh then take the linemen. But you don't just say "They need to draft OL". What if the best OL isn't worth a top 5 pick?

Not to mention there won't be an OL in this draft rated anywhere near as high as Bush. If Bush were rated #1 and an OL #2, that #2 would still be a huge drop off from Reggie Bush.

Houston needs a player like Bush. Just cuz they "need" OL doesn't mean they don't also "Need" players at other positions too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Houston will owe Carr an $8 million dollar bonus for next year. Is he the answer or do they start fresh? I think he will be gun shy if he stays in Houston. He could benefit from a change of scenery.

I admit that appears to be a tough call for the Texans

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rack said:
I think if you're Houston you either trade down or take the BPA. If an offensive lineman is rated almost as high as BUsh then take the linemen. But you don't just say "They need to draft OL". What if the best OL isn't worth a top 5 pick?

Not to mention there won't be an OL in this draft rated anywhere near as high as Bush. If Bush were rated #1 and an OL #2, that #2 would still be a huge drop off from Reggie Bush.

Houston needs a player like Bush. Just cuz they "need" OL doesn't mean they don't also "Need" players at other positions too.

I agree with you but as mentioned I think ABQCOWBOY is right when he says Houston will more than likely trade the overall #1 for multiple picks. Texans have a lot of problems and while most focus on their O-line their problems extend to both sides of the ball.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rack said:

This is the Classic Barry Sanders dilema. Do you bring in a guy who is electric but won't win you a SuperBowl or do you try and save your franchise QB and actually put the building blocks in place that will help you win one?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is the Classic Barry Sanders dilema. Do you bring in a guy who is electric but won't win you a SuperBowl or do you try and save your franchise QB and actually put the building blocks in place that will help you win one?

This post is extremely flawed.

Do you bring in a guy who is electric but won't win you a SuperBowl

No ONE player "wins" superbowls. Not a LT, LG, C, RG, RT, or RB.

do you try and save your franchise QB and actually put the building blocks in place that will help you win one?

You don't just indiscriminantly say "Draft OL cuz they need it more". Again, what if there isn't an OL worth the pick? What if they can't get what they think their pick is worth in a trade? Plus, who says Carr is a franchise QB? Just cuz he was drafted #1 overall doesn't make it so.

In the Texans' case, you take the BPA. There isn't a position on their team they can't improve, and that includes QB. I'd rather have Leinart then Carr. That said, I know they won't do that. But what can a player like Bush do for car? He can create mismatches on defense which would make it a lot easier on Carr as far as his reads go. If the defense matches up with Bush to defense the run, you split him out wide. If they come out to defense pass, put him in the backfield. There's so much Bush can do for an offense as a whole.

Now, if for some reason there is an offensive linemen rated as high as Bush, then you take the OL, but I seriously doubt there will be.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Reggie Bush will be drafted by the Texans as they will have the first pick in the draft........Texans will not win a game...

jimmy40

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I would not use a 1st overall to take any lineman I think 1st rd picks should be used on impact players because there are fewer of them that OL
If Houston has the top pick they need to trade down and pick up about 5 offensive lineman because theirs suck as bad as any offensive line in history. What a great year to have the top pick.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Rack said:

You don't just indiscriminantly say "Draft OL cuz they need it more". Again, what if there isn't an OL worth the pick? What if they can't get what they think their pick is worth in a trade? Plus, who says Carr is a franchise QB? Just cuz he was drafted #1 overall doesn't make it so.

In the Texans' case, you take the BPA. There isn't a position on their team they can't improve, and that includes QB. I'd rather have Leinart then Carr. That said, I know they won't do that. But what can a player like Bush do for car? He can create mismatches on defense which would make it a lot easier on Carr as far as his reads go. If the defense matches up with Bush to defense the run, you split him out wide. If they come out to defense pass, put him in the backfield. There's so much Bush can do for an offense as a whole.

Now, if for some reason there is an offensive linemen rated as high as Bush, then you take the OL, but I seriously doubt there will be.
Houston could have 4 Bush's right now and Carr's still going to be laying on his back. Carr has no lanes to throw in because all 5 offensive lineman are getting beat all the time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rack said:

You assume Houston will keep the first over all pick. The discussion was contexted under the premis that Houston would trade down. The post is not flawed. You simply don't agree with it. Not a crime. You have that right. I believe that teams are built from the OL up. Houston has to decide what is the best option. Is it Bush or is it a trade down and a player like Ferguson out of Virginia. There are a lot of people who think that he will be a top 5 pick in the next draft.