Where have all the men gone

dckid

Reaction score
Hall of Fame. Turning over in their graves. The Ice Bowl. Cowboys lose in New England because a little bit of rain. Yes I'm frustrated. I could spit nails.
NE sure doesn’t miss Grogan. They have Tom.
It’s all about perspective. The Ravens are not having this woe is me discussion on their message boards.
Jerry has pulled the wool over the Cowboy Nation. We now pine for the Romo era. A couple weeks ago the hot topic was Rivers vs Romo. Let’s examine our own fandom before questioning toughness in the league. I never pine for the Romo era. The best football is 91-95 Cowboys games on YouTube.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Oh no. A sport wanting to protect its players. But people like you want the chance that someone could have a serious life altering injury while you sit on your couch eating Cheetos? Good one. What the heck does someone wearing more protection have to do with the enjoyment of the sport and what they are doing out there? Good for them wanting to protect their guys. You know, the ones actually going out there to entertain you. But nope, you are only happen if there is a chance of serious injury. :rolleyes:

I rode without all that. Like I said, it's not about what I want. It's what most want. It wasn't about chance of injury. It was about pitting myself against beast. I'm guessing that's not something you'll ever understand.

shabazz

Reaction score
It's the changing world, partner. I can't even enjoy watching bullridin anymore. Cowboy hats replaced by helmets. Chest protectors under shirts. The folks don't want sports to have an element of danger. I have to accept it ain't about what I want. It's about what the majority wants.

Wait till they get rid of the bulls and everything is mechanical. PETA will destroy that sport just like they closed Barnum Bailey Circus. Everything must be torn apart and destroyed even it offends the minority of the “right” people. The New World Order

But at least we got to enjoy alot of these things they are systematically taking away. The new owners of the planet wouldn’t know what to do with most of it anyway

lockster

Reaction score
This is a league of youngsters, what happened to the Bob Lilly's, mean Joe Greene's, Emmitt Smith, just keep the finger, get me back in their coach . Feed me feed me. Take me out I'm hungry. Can't practice it's too hot out. LOL this is not the NFL I remember. Yes I still love the game there's still heart emotion. But it's far and few. You know what I'm talkin about
Players reflect society and their beliefs, the way they are raised. You don't get Bob Lilly's from guys that never was raised having to work to stay warm, fed, and Ur family in clothes and housing. They are raised spending most of the day going to school, being at school, doing homework, (what home schoolers get done in 3.5 hours in a day.) Playing on Xbox, and smoking weed and other garbage. Never having to buy their own toys, never splitting wood, weeding the garden, or bailing hay. Getting away with disrespecting authority, parents, friends, and strangers. Being taught relativism :(. To expect anything more , would be insanity on our parts. Especially when you throw in the big money NFL. This should scare a logical person.

shabazz

Reaction score
Players reflect society and their beliefs, the way they are raised. You don't get Bob Lilly's from guys that never was raised having to work to stay warm, fed, and Ur family in clothes and housing. They are raised spending most of the day going to school, being at school, doing homework, (what home schoolers get done in 3.5 hours in a day.) Playing on Xbox, and smoking weed and other garbage. Never having to buy their own toys, never splitting wood, weeding the garden, or bailing hay. Getting away with disrespecting authority, parents, friends, and strangers. Being taught relativism :(. To expect anything more , would be insanity on our parts. Especially when you throw in the big money NFL. This should scare a logical person.

Great points. I know that we should embrace alot of the new things including technologies and advances that a new generation brings but I dont understand the systematic destruction of the past, ( not talking about mistreatment of others and things of that nature), because that is progress.

I admire the generations before me and some of those trials and tribulations they went through are noteworthy and have many life lessons in them. I've never seen a generation like this one though that wishes to erase every thought and idea before theirs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think my opinion holds more value than yours. Simply because I train people like him. He's still a ki John Riggins, Earl Campbell, Mark Van eeghen. He is not.

BS, just because you train with them does not make you know more than me. You know nothing about me.
But hey if it makes you feel better to think you do, it tells me what I need to know. So what if you do, it means nothing to me. We been over this before.

and you DO NOT train with him so it does not make you an expert because you train with other, they may be nothing of the same person.

Don’t come in here claiming you know more because of this or that, it doesn’t fly all that well.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ive been a Cowboys fan since 1949. I remember a game in 1953 where Finkelroy McGuilicuddy carried two Commanders into the endzone with a broken arm. Then for his TD celebration, he recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

I miss men like Finkelroy McGuilicuddy

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
playing football doesn't make you a "man"

taking care of yourself and providing for your family does.
Perfectly put.

I would add that in my life the toughest people I have ever met have both been women. This whole “ Take it like a man“ sort of talk is silly to me. I know more women who can handle it than I do men.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Ive been a Cowboys fan since 1949. I remember a game in 1953 where Finkelroy McGuilicuddy carried two Commanders into the endzone with a broken arm. Then for his TD celebration, he recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

I miss men like Finkelroy McGuilicuddy
The Finkster! The Big Fink!

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You deserve a million likes for this.