Where is 21's comfort level for you?

morat1959

Reaction score
I guess it really depends if KM is planning on making this a run first offense or a pass happy offense. If he's going to go with run first, then I say sign Zeke and let Dak walk.
An RB (like Zeke) can work with any QB. Get a Quarterback on the cheap and make this a run first offense and save money because all the QB is going to do is hand off..

If he's going to make this a pass happy offense, then I say get rid of Zeke. We can use Pollard as a RB if needed because if the main focus is pass pass pass, there's no sense in paying a premium price for a RB.

So like I said, it depends on what KM's intentions are..
We’re in big trouble if KM makes this a pass happy offense.

Altestic

Reaction score
Anybody in the top 15 is who you pay. I also have no doubt that Dak will be between 5-10 in the next year or two.
Prescott isn't top 15. Watch the games. If it's 3rd and more than a few yards, he's probably getting sacked. A top 15 QB gives you a chance in those situations.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Prescott isn't top 15. Watch the games. If it's 3rd and more than a few yards, he's probably getting sacked. A top 15 QB gives you a chance in those situations.

By whos standard? Yours? Meaningless.

And in case you haven't been watching...…..Dak leads the NFL in 4th quarter and overtime game winning drives. Oooops!!!!!! So apparently he has not only give us a chance in those situations, but hes been one of the best at it.

morat1959

Reaction score
He’s average at best but you’ll never convince a lot on here. They’ve got their stat sheets and are quick to pull em out. They can’t see what’s right in front of their eyes. I’ve watched it for 6-7 years going back to high school. You can’t fix what’s wrong with Dak. You can win with him but he has to surrounded with a great supporting cast. His deficiencies and strong points are well documented on this site. Dak has never been and will never be an above average passer.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Zeke didn't have off the field issues I would be at 10 and be happy to pay the man. Top money needs stability going forward. not 100% sure its there yet. I'm at 7.5 What say you?

I could care less what he does off the field as long as he doesnt get suspended. He loses two points because he is somewhat of a suspension risk. I dont he was nearly as close with incident as worry worts think. But he is still a risk.

I sign him long term either way

Altestic

Reaction score
He’s average at best but you’ll never convince a lot on here. They’ve got their stat sheets and are quick to pull em out. They can’t see what’s right in front of their eyes. I’ve watched it for 6-7 years going back to high school. You can’t fix what’s wrong with Dak. You can win with him but he has to surrounded with a great supporting cast. His deficiencies and strong points are well documented on this site. Dak has never been and will never be an above average passer.
Correct. With even an average QB the Cowboys win that Saints game with over 30 points to 10, not 13-10. Prescott tried his best to lose that game, to pry defeat from the jaws of a defensive victory.

You can win with just about any QB with a great supporting cast. That's why you don't pay Prescott top QB money. If he wants to play for 15-20M a year you keep him long term, otherwise you replace after 2019.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
10 comfortable on the field
6 off. Not that he’ll do anything terrible (I think he was innocent of DV) but that he will do enough minor stuff to have Goodell suspend him again

Overall 8 comfortable. I would pay the man, but I would do it now and make it a 3 year extension. Due to his physical nature and work load I wouldn’t make it more than 3 years

And I'd have a clause in there to deal with his previous off the field issues.

DJordan23

Reaction score
10 comfortable on the field
6 off. Not that he’ll do anything terrible (I think he was innocent of DV) but that he will do enough minor stuff to have Goodell suspend him again

Overall 8 comfortable. I would pay the man, but I would do it now and make it a 3 year extension. Due to his physical nature and work load I wouldn’t make it more than 3 years
I couldn't have typed this any better...my thoughts exactly when it comes to Zeke.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Zeke didn't have off the field issues I would be at 10 and be happy to pay the man. Top money needs stability going forward. not 100% sure its there yet. I'm at 7.5 What say you?

It's a shame he can't seem to grow up. I've seen lately where someone said he's 28? If so, you'd think he wouldn't be nearly so immature by now. I'm hoping he'll think better of it than to hold out but, of course, that's something he'll have to work out for himself. I'll reserve my judgment until such time as he shows his cards this season. He signed his contract last time around, so here's hoping he'll honor it until the time comes for another one to be signed. He'd lose what admiration I have to some extent if he doesn't respect this one, though. He's fine on the field, not nearly as much when he isn't.

Last edited:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
My comfort level is Mexico. If he goes anywhere else I would lose all comfort.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
6. He's got to be one of the dumbest guys in the league. A few days after he barely skates by another suspension, he starts asking for an extension with 2 years left. His talent level is on another level, but so is his stupidity.

You can't really trust a knucklehead like him to stay out of trouble.
We don’t know that he’s planning on holding out. All we have is Florio breaking this **** out in the deadest sports time of the year, saying someone told him he was planning on it.

Then, social media, actual media, and talk radio all start talking about it and then presto!, fans start saying he’s an idiot for holding out.

I mean maybe he is going to... maybe he isn’t... we just don’t know. Perhaps we as fans should wait until he actually does hold out before we say he’s stupid and ask for him to be traded off.

Perhaps every soul who wanted Dallas to draft Ramsey shouldn’t start saying what a bust he is and what a terrible pick he was. I mean, even if he did hold out that doesn’t make him a bad pick, but oh well.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
He's a very good (but overrated) player who plays a position of secondary importance in the NFL. If we're talking about my comfort level with paying him top dollar, it's a 0. It'll happen. But it'll be a huge mistake.

InTheZone

Reaction score
IF Zeke had Emmitt Smith type character, leadership, and likeability, I would be more apt to pay him.
carrying the offense and going out while dinged up isn't leadership? Getting the most carries and being a good blocker means nothing?

Qcard

Reaction score
3.5...This last incident broke the camel's back!! He's not the first Super star to walk these streets.. There's an industry making billions watching your every move. Zeke's continued episodes show a lack of understanding...drink all you want, but there are many drunks that behave well and have fun without all the extra.
I'd trade or play-out and franchise.

RB position is expendable even with great talent. Plus Zeke was drafted for Romo.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He has never done anything extreme.

The police and one of the NFL's investigators didn't think he did much if anything with regards to the domestic violence accusation.

The recent bump into the security guard was silly but the most minimal possible contact. Just watching the video without listening to any audio, I thought Zeke and the young security guard were just joking around.

Pulling up the girls shirt in the parade was in poor taste considering his celebrity status; however, she didn't seem to have a problem with it.

The way he went into a funk while the DV suspension was being appealed did concern me a little bit. The All or Nothing series showed him to be really affected by it mentally/emotionally.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No issues with Zeke. We were all immature at his age. Fans who want to trade him are just arm chair fans without a clue.

Techsass

Reaction score
I hate to think what I would've done at 24 with millions in the bank & months of free time. Even with my very limited resources, I had a blast. Most of what I did would stand up to TMZ...most, but maybe not all.

As to his contract I still haven't figured it out yet. 1 side of me says RB isn't a $10m+ position, but I see WRs who have less impact than Zeke throughout the game getting $15m+.