Where our 53 came from...

sublime

Reaction score
Draft Picks (23)
1998 Draft (2) - G. Elllis, F. Adams
2002 Draft (2) - R. Williams, A. Gurode
2003 Draft (4) - T. Newman, A. Johnson, J. Witten, B. James
2004 Draft (4) - J. Jones, N. Jones, P. Crayton, J. Reeves
2005 Draft (6) - D. Ware, M. Spears, K. Burnett, M. Barber, C. Canty, J. Ratliff
2006 Draft (5) - B. Carpenter, A. Fasano, J. Hatcher, P. Watkins, P. McQuistan

Signed as Rookie Free Agents (9)
2002 (1) - K. Davis
2003 (1) - T. Romo
2004 (2) - R. Fowler, L. Polite
2005 (2) - J. Rector, T. Thompson
2006 (3) - M. Austin, O. Hoyte, S. Hurd

Unrestricted Free Agents (8)
2003 (1) - A. Singleton
2005 (3) - J. Ferguson, A. Henry, M. Rivera
2006 (4) - A. Ayodele, R. Hannam, K. Kosier, M. Vanderjagt

Street Free Agents (9)
2003 (1) - M. McBriar
2005 (5) - D. Bledsoe, M. Colombo, A. Glenn, L. Ladouceur, S. Suisham
2006 (3) - A. Elam, J. Fabini, T. Owens

Trades (2)
2003 (2) - K. Coleman, T. Glenn

Signed From Other Practice Squad (1)
2006 (1) - C. Procter

Waivers (1)
2006 (1) - J. Parker

hendog

Reaction score
Sweet - almost 40% (39.6) of our roster was drafted in the last 5 yrs. (21 out of 53). That seems like alot to me. I wonder what other teams % is?

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
sublime said:
Draft Picks (23)
2003 Draft (4) - T. Newman, A. Johnson, J. Witten, B. James
2004 Draft (4) - J. Jones, N. Jones, P. Crayton, J. Reeves
2005 Draft (6) - D. Ware, M. Spears, K. Burnett, M. Barber, C. Canty, J. Ratliff
2006 Draft (5) - B. Carpenter, A. Fasano, J. Hatcher, P. Watkins, P. McQuistan

Signed as Rookie Free Agents (9)
2002 (1) - K. Davis
2003 (1) - T. Romo
2004 (2) - R. Fowler, L. Polite
2005 (2) - J. Rector, T. Thompson
2006 (3) - M. Austin, O. Hoyte, S. Hurd

Unrestricted Free Agents (8)
2003 (1) - A. Singleton
2005 (3) - J. Ferguson, A. Henry, M. Rivera
2006 (4) - A. Ayodele, R. Hannam, K. Kosier, M. Vanderjagt

Street Free Agents (9)
2003 (1) - M. McBriar
2005 (5) - D. Bledsoe, M. Colombo, A. Glenn, L. Ladouceur, S. Suisham
2006 (3) - A. Elam, J. Fabini, T. Owens

Trades (2)
2003 (2) - K. Coleman, T. Glenn

Signed From Other Practice Squad (1)
2006 (1) - C. Procter

Waivers (1)
2006 (1) - J. Parker

you can find talent where ever it's hiding.....

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Quick question:What the difference between unrestricted free agent and street free agent?

It would be interesting to see league averages for these types to see how we compare.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
Quick question:What the difference between unrestricted free agent and street free agent?

It would be interesting to see league averages for these types to see how we compare.

An unrestricted free agent is a player who's contract with their previous team ran out.

A street free agent is a player that was released by their former team.

sublime

Reaction score
Street means they were released from their team instead of playing out their contract.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It shocks me to only see 2 trades on there, but in reality when you think about it we've traded for draft picks more than veterans.

Nice breakdown.

JPM

Reaction score
Great job !

The 03 and 05 drafts are full of talent, there are some really good players there.

:star:

jay cee

Reaction score
I know I may be hijacking the thread with this question. and I apologize, I'm just to lazy to start a thread.

Does the fact that they have no players drafted from '99-'01, say that the drafting was particularly bad doing those years?

I know it does to me. What do you guys think?

DBoys

Reaction score
jay cee said:
I know I may be hijacking the thread with this question. and I apologize, I'm just to lazy to start a thread.

Does the fact that they have no players drafted from '99-'01, say that the drafting was particularly bad doing those years?

Yep it was bad :)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Technically Crayton would fall under street FA since we cut him and then re-signed him.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jay cee said:

Yes and no. They were bad drafts for us. No doubt. But 1999 was a long time ago. Lots of players taken then are out of the league -- I think nearly 10 guys taken in the first round of the 1999 draft no longer play in the NFL. So the fact that a team who drafted late in the round doesn't have anyone left isn't surprising. What is surprising is that in 2004 we only had one guy from the 1999 draft left. That's the better comparison.

2000 and 2001 were more about not having firsts.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
pre-Parcells

sublime said:
Draft Picks (4)

I can't help it, it gets me everytime

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Wow, doesn't looking at that 2005 Draft make you smile every time. Yes, we had 2 1st rounders, but Canty and Barber are two players that I think are just great and will be getting more and more snaps to showcase their playmaking ability. Raitliff continues to surprise and talk about his versatility with him able to be 3rd NT (or even 2nd at moment).

Don't even need to talk about Ware, as all that remains is for him to live up to 1/2 the hype and predictions out there around the league. Mickey today said that he will be at least twice as good as last year! Spears has been slowed by injuries but looks solid and dependable at worst.

I think we will look back at this draft in 2-3 years with most of those guys still contributing heavily on this team, and say that it was this group that pushed the team over the "average" hump into a "very good" team with playoff victories.

If we hit even a 2/3 home run like that draft on offense in next year or two, the Boys would be Nasty SCARY.

LarryCanadian

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Technically Crayton would fall under street FA since we cut him and then re-signed him.

No we cut him as a rookie free agent and signed him to our practice squad. Then he was called up about 6 games into the season.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
so adding our rookie free agents with our draft picks that makes 32 out of 53 players were originally picked up by this organization.

When anyone criticizes Parcell's tenure here as coach as a failure, this list should shut them up rather quickly.

That my friends, is how you build a team.