Where should Jason Peters play?

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
I want Peters playing LT and Tyler moving over to LG. Those 2 together will be much much better than having Peters ride the bench. I don't think its even close.
Seriously….the goal is to get the BEST line out there….and I agree, Peter’s is best at tackle, and I think Tyler can be a powerhouse at guard….together make a strong left side. Don’t know if peters can be a good guard, and the other guards we have are weak sauce.

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
Peters is no Tyron Smith that's why he was a free agent. Moving Peter inside makes sense
I don’t think peters will make a good guard (they did that in Philly I think and it didn’t work), but I bet Tyler can be…a powerhouse guard, and Peters can be good at tackle….strong left side overall.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Any chance Tyron redoes his deal so he can be our swing tackle next year?

He is injury prone but if he still wants to play. He would be a great swing tackle….

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Is he versatile? And does he care and comfortable one way or the other?

Just hope it makes the OL that much better!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tyler playing very well at LT, so don’t fix what ain’t broke. So is Peters our starting LG, starting RT, or just backup swing tackle? My vote is starting LG. Farnoik is doing fine, but think of the power on that side of the line with Peters there.

Peters is too good to ride the bench. Gets real interesting if Tyron becomes available.

If we're actually trying to win games at the end of the season, Tyron, Tyler, Biadasz, Martin, Peters.

Could be a damn good oline, with a *lot* of power.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Tyler playing very well at LT, so don’t fix what ain’t broke. So is Peters our starting LG, starting RT, or just backup swing tackle? My vote is starting LG. Farnoik is doing fine, but think of the power on that side of the line with Peters there.

Would put Peters at LG and keep Tyler at LT..., Farniok is the backup C-OG. This is a power OL, run game should improve.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
The best LG on the team is Tyler Smith.

He is good to above average at LT right now but he can be ELITE at LG.

Play Peters at LT this season.

starfan1

Reaction score
I don’t. I think Tyler will be an amazing guard. He and Tyron will give us the 2014-16 line.
which Tyron you mean the one that cant stay on the field? Peters hasnt played a down at LG his entire career has he?

Peters, Smith,Biadizs, Martin,Steele

When tyron comes back if he comes back
Smith,Smith,Biadzs,Martin,Peters

Tussinman

Reaction score
Any chance Tyron redoes his deal so he can be our swing tackle next year?
He is injury prone but if he still wants to play. He would be a great swing tackle….
There's zero chance that happens. If they for some reason 100% wanted Tyler to be the LT next year no questions asked then it's way more likely they start Tyron at RT and make Steele the swing tackle.

I'd say no way in hell. When Tyron is healthy, he's an elite LT. He's not coming back here to be a backup, and certainly not for a pay cut.
Yeah zero chance he takes a paycut.

Like it or not the price market for tackles is insane.

Terron Armstead (only 8 months younger than Tyron and is actually MORE injury prone) just signed a 5 year 88 million deal..........

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Backup T, swing tackle, guard only if there’s another injury.
I’m not convinced he’s an upgrade over Steele. Steele is very good in the run game and getting better. I love how he gets to the second level.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Why do people think that Peters can just line up at LG and get it done?

When was the last time he played there?

At least Smith has had reps working inside in camp.